Prospects Tournament(s) Thread

Nov 16, 2007
in your head
For all the prospects tourny's going on, we can talk about who's stood out or who's dissapointed.

The Sens beat the Pens 4-0 earlier today. Standouts for the Sens imo were Lehner, Corey Cowick, Derek Grant and David Rundblad.

I didn't really pay too much attention to individual guys on Pittsburgh but Tangradi and Morrow caught my eye a few times, Petersen aswell.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Good to hear Grant played well. I took a total flier on him and signed him in my keeper league, hoping he'd have a strong camp this year and become a legit prospect.

Nov 16, 2007
in your head
Good to hear Grant played well. I took a total flier on him and signed him in my keeper league, hoping he'd have a strong camp this year and become a legit prospect.

In my opinion he was the best player on the ice today. He was awesome on the forecheck and cycling the puck. He'll probably play in Binghamton's top-6 this season and it wouldn't surprise me to see him get a call up this season.

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com

He looks like he's going to become a legit prospect pretty soon. Dubbed by the head scout as the lesser known player he's most excited for.

There were lots of nice performances on the Sens side. Zibanejad looked everybit as good as I wanted him to and more, great hands and his skating and motor are outstanding.

2011 6th rounder Darren Kramer of Spokane looked surprisingly comfortable and made some nice plays.

Joe Morrow is very slick.

The Fuhr*

In my opinion he was the best player on the ice today. He was awesome on the forecheck and cycling the puck. He'll probably play in Binghamton's top-6 this season and it wouldn't surprise me to see him get a call up this season.

I'd second this as well... at both ends of the ice he was the best player. He does everything well... the stereotypical Canadian hockey player is exactly what Grant's game is. He'll be a player.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
DVR'd the Rangers-Blues game and am about halfway through it so far.

For the Blues, McRae and Rattie have been very good so far.

For the Rangers, I've liked Hagelin, McColgan and Christian Thomas the most of anyone.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008

For the Rangers, I've liked Hagelin, McColgan and Christian Thomas the most of anyone.

Still can't believe he fell to the 5th round. Especially after the dominant playoffs he had :shakehead

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
4-2 Leafs. Jesse Blacker had a great game for the Leafs, probably the best player out there. Plays a game very similar to P.K. Subban. Jake Gardiner took over at the 50min mark and scored two goals. Here's the first. The second was a soft one, but it happened after skating a lap around the hawks D. The best Leafs forwards were probably Kenny Ryan and Matt Frattin.

The most noticeable Blackhawk to me was Phillip Danault - good player. Didomenico and Saad were also good. The only time I noticed Mark McNeil was when he took one of about three heavy hits.

Last edited:

Svenhart2008

Jan 22, 2009
Jacksonville, FL

McColgan was putrid in tonights game. He has wheels and he gets open for passes.
He had ZERO clue what to do with the puck once he got it. Turned the puck over all over the ice.

Tim Erixon, Dylan McIlrath, Christian Thomas, and Parlett were the standouts in that game.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
For all the prospects tourny's going on, we can talk about who's stood out or who's dissapointed.

The Sens beat the Pens 4-0 earlier today. Standouts for the Sens imo were Lehner, Corey Cowick, Derek Grant and David Rundblad.

I didn't really pay too much attention to individual guys on Pittsburgh but Tangradi and Morrow caught my eye a few times, Petersen aswell.

Agree with this. Also really loved Boroweicki's game as well and Noesen is a heck of a forechecker.

Grant needs to add some muscle to his frame (it looked like), but he looks like a very talented player.

Kershaw

McIlrath by all accounts was solid defensively and had a great point shot. Still a project player, but when he's finished, he'll be very good.

Erixon was a class above the rest of the players.

Thomas made some great passes today, unfortunately his line mate couldn't finish.

Muh

Beadle
Dec 9, 2010
Sloatsburg, NY
Rangers-Blues

McIlrath played very well tonight. May have been my number recognition for him, but he was very noticable and played sound defensively.

Hagelin was one of our best forwards. Was impressed how he played tonight, just dont see a spot for him on the NYR roster.

Besides that, Erixon looked nice out there to me good positioning and I liked his size. As did Bourque, he is very quick, and had a very good game. Thomas played great as well. Shoulda had a few assists, but Yogan missed a few good opportunities.

Kershaw

Very excited for Lehner, I think he'll be one of the future star goalies. He's done very well so far everywhere he's been.

member 30781

Really liked Erixon's game. I feel he's got the inside edge to land a spot on the top 6 this year for the Rangers.

MetalGodAOD*

Stars beat Carolina 8-2. Matt Fraser (Kootaney last season) with a hat trick, Glennie and Ritchie (Dallas 2nd round pick 2011) with 3 assists each. Oleksiak with a goal as well, Dillon with 2 assists.

JMac13

Jan 10, 2011
sens fan here confirming what pretty much all the other fans are saying about our players. Also wanted to put in a word of praise for the Pens Joe Morrow. The kid was very impressive and managed to stand out in a game filled with players 2-3 years older.

Shaun_W_W

Jan 7, 2007
Very excited for Lehner, I think he'll be one of the future star goalies. He's done very well so far everywhere he's been.

As a leaf fan Lehner scares me, I've like that Ottawa (like us) has had pretty brutal goaltending the last few years and Lehner looks like he is going to be legit.

As for the prospect tournament probably the best two players on the Leafs are Blacker and Gardiner on D but beyond them they have Percy who was solid and then 3 invited scrubs. Their biggest weakness is going to be that on every shift they are going to have 1 terrible dman.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad