Prospects Tournament(s) Thread

Mafoofoo

Jawesome
Jul 3, 2010
Laguna Beach
Even with Anderson in net it's 6-0 Sharks. Sgarbossa with a goal and an assist so far in this game. Acolatse is also really impressing me as a dman.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Flames proving what everybody knows, they have by far the worst prospect pool in the nhl.

6-0 :laugh:

jfb392

Jul 7, 2010
San Jose has a real knack for finding good free agents.
Almost all of the impact players for the Sharks this game were signed after performing well in this tournament in previous years (Anderson, Heemskerk, Sgarbossa).

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
Flames proving what everybody knows, they have by far the worst prospect pool in the nhl.

6-0 :laugh:

Because one game is such a good indication of the quality of a teams prospect pool. ( especially for a team that has one day of practice together )

Go away troll.

The Saurus

May 12, 2006
The Leafs end up beating the Penguins by a score of 5 to 1 and jump to 2-0 in the tournament. Greg McKegg was a standout with a goal and two assists as was Jamie Devane and Garrett Sparks for the Leafs.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
andre petersson i think is going to be a good values sleeper pick due has looked a cut above most in his 2 games

Ashasx

Jun 30, 2010
Flames prospects just couldn't bury anything. They had plenty of chances which should have been easy goals at least 4 times. The game could have been closer. Ortio didn't help matters much.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Because one game is such a good indication of the quality of a teams prospect pool. ( especially for a team that has one day of practice together )

Go away troll.

How is this trolling?, am I on the flames forum?, This is the prospects forum, the FLAMES prospects are losing 6-1, and I am commenting about this in the PROSPECTS Tourney Thread.

Go look up what trolling is

Mafoofoo

Jawesome
Jul 3, 2010
Laguna Beach
elaborate on this.. im curious to hear more.

The whole game I felt that the Wruck - Sgarbossa - Reid line was the best line by far for the Sharks and Sgarbossa and Reid had some great passes with one another. Gogol also had a fantastic game with good hits, and a really sweet goal. Though both Sgarbossa and Gogol had their share of issues with Sgarbossa committing a few turnovers with backhand passes and Gogol getting into a little bit of penalty trouble.

The goaltending Duo of Heemskerk and Anderson shut down the entire flames prospect team allowing only 1 goal on 38 shots. Heemskerk played the first 30 min of the game and didn't allow anything while Anderson played the second 30min of the game and only allowed a goal on a penalty shot. They both stole plenty of great chances by the Flames.

From the defense alot of the initial hype going in was on Doherty and Acolatse. Doherty was paired with Abeltshauser I believe which made for a massive d-pairing with Doherty at around 6'8" and Abeltshauser at around 6'5". Doherty from what I saw had a few issues like footspeed and joining the rush too early but both him and Abeltshauser played good enough and had some physicality. Great work on the PK with their long sticks to take away passing lanes as well. Acolatse was paired with Corbin I believe and he was easily the better of the two. Played hard, had a booming shot, great puck handling ability and a huge slapshot which got him the 6th goal of the game. Also looked very hard to knock off of his skates. Good outlet pass as well and showed why he put up 15 goals and 48 assists in 66 games in addition to 7 points in 4 playoff games in the WHL.

That's all I got but maybe someone else who watched on the Sharks side could elaborate better than I did.

gatosauce12345

Jan 6, 2011
Has Philly played any games yet??

Cause I would like to do a Coutrier vs Zibanejad thing just for the fun of it.

(Rundblad is so patient with the puck, Zibanejad is a total beast, Machofsky or whatever is really not that good, Puempel and Stone had better games, Cowen was just o.k, Petersson is everything the other posters have said, and the Cowick and Grant pair except for Cowick's goal, toned it down last game)

Security Guard Chang*

You're overrating Lehner quite a bit if u think that he has potential to be a top 5 goalie. Don't get me wrong, I definitely see him being a legit # 1 goaltender for Sens in the future, but he doesn't have the potential or what it takes to be top 10 goalie in the league, let alone top 5.

Yes, a 19 year old calder cup winning mvp 6ft 4 225 pnds and getting bigger lacks potential ... Hes got more than enough potential , the only question is if he can reach it ... But his potential is most definatley top 5

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
The whole game I felt that the Wruck - Sgarbossa - Reid line was the best line by far for the Sharks and Sgarbossa and Reid had some great passes with one another. Gogol also had a fantastic game with good hits, and a really sweet goal. Though both Sgarbossa and Gogol had their share of issues with Sgarbossa committing a few turnovers with backhand passes and Gogol getting into a little bit of penalty trouble.

The goaltending Duo of Heemskerk and Anderson shut down the entire flames prospect team allowing only 1 goal on 38 shots. Heemskerk played the first 30 min of the game and didn't allow anything while Anderson played the second 30min of the game and only allowed a goal on a penalty shot. They both stole plenty of great chances by the Flames.

From the defense alot of the initial hype going in was on Doherty and Acolatse. Doherty was paired with Abeltshauser I believe which made for a massive d-pairing with Doherty at around 6'8" and Abeltshauser at around 6'5". Doherty from what I saw had a few issues like footspeed and joining the rush too early but both him and Abeltshauser played good enough and had some physicality. Great work on the PK with their long sticks to take away passing lanes as well. Acolatse was paired with Corbin I believe and he was easily the better of the two. Played hard, had a booming shot, great puck handling ability and a huge slapshot which got him the 6th goal of the game. Also looked very hard to knock off of his skates. Good outlet pass as well and showed why he put up 15 goals and 48 assists in 66 games in addition to 7 points in 4 playoff games in the WHL.

That's all I got but maybe someone else who watched on the Sharks side could elaborate better than I did.

Does Acolatse actually possess nhl potential or still too raw?

Sens Mile

Sep 1, 2008
Loved Petterson today, his skill is just immense. That being said, reaffirmed in my mind that Culek is losing value with this organization. I would rather not give him a chance with an ELC, hopefully he is good enough this year where we can move him for something at the end of the year.

Anyone watching their guys and seeing a training camp invite being close to an entry-level contract. Love seeing those stories

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->