Prospects Tournament(s) Thread

Pugs35

Jul 11, 2006
PA
I know. For any team with any good prospects in the NCAA you go into a prospect tourny like this without putting your best foot forward..

Does anyone know why NCAA prospects can attend prospect camp in July but not these tournaments in September?

I would think it's because they're in school in September.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Zibanejad is going to be an amazing hockey player.

Holy **** what a performance.

Rundblad will be in the NHL this year.

I was absolutely amazed/stunned with the skill-level of the Senator's prospects.

I know I'm getting way over my head here, but I believe that if Petersson, Zibanejad, Noesen, Rundblad, Cowen, and Lehner all stay reasonably healthy... that the Senators have a really good shot at winning the cup over the next decade.

Regardless of what happens, congratulations Ottawa! Your team has some of the greatest fans, and now some of the greatest prospects in hockey, and your franchise most definitely deserves it.

Hats off for the kind post.

Made Dan

Jul 15, 2007
The Bronx, NY
I know. For any team with any good prospects in the NCAA you go into a prospect tourny like this without putting your best foot forward..

Does anyone know why NCAA prospects can attend prospect camp in July but not these tournaments in September?

Because they have class now, I think they would lose their eligibility.

squidz*

It's even worse than that for the Wild. We're missing our top 5 prospects (Granlund, Coyle, Brodin, Scandella, Zucker) and 8 of our top 10 (Larsson, Spurgeon, Gillies). Of our top 20, we only have #6, 7, 11, 13, and 14 as voted by the board.

SPORTSMANIAC

Nov 15, 2004
Lewiston, Maine
mvn.com
If only NCAA players were allowed in this tournament. Having to watch Youds, Manning and Danis-Pepin on the same defense is pathetic. :facepalm:

I think they could attend but only if they pay their own way but they also have classes and practices to attend at their school so its very difficult for any college player to pull off to attend these tournaments.

Kershaw

Rangers lighting up the best goalie prospect without NHL experience at the moment.

McIlrath is a straight up beast, he'll put fear into opponents.

DrSutton*

I think they could attend but only if they pay their own way but they also have classes and practices to attend at their school so its very difficult for any college player to pull off to attend these tournaments.

The further this, missing class is a major detriment to their NCAA eligibility as well

The Saurus

May 12, 2006
Maple Leafs up on Penguins 3-1 after two.

Nicholls, Heard and Carrick have the goals for the Leafs.

None of Toronto's best players are playing in this game.

Robin Lehner*

You're overrating Lehner quite a bit if u think that he has potential to be a top 5 goalie. Don't get me wrong, I definitely see him being a legit # 1 goaltender for Sens in the future, but he doesn't have the potential or what it takes to be top 10 goalie in the league, let alone top 5.
:facepalm:
name 10-15 goalies that are going to be better than him. dare you to find 5 at least

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad