Prospect Info: Prospects and Marlies Thread: Marlies Calder Cup Champions Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Was I the only one who thought Alex Gudbransson celebrating the calder cup win was really akward and weird? 3 AHL games and no playoff games and goes crazy like he did anything at all for that win?

I know he wasn't the only one but was the most crazy one IMHO

Certainly if it were me in that situation I'd have been a bit reluctant to even go on the ice. But don't forget that he has been practicing with the team for months. He personally knows the other Marlies. He also knows both Dubas and Keefe from his time in the OHL. He wasn't a fan who laced them up and joined the team, he was a teammate.

67Cup

Sep 16, 2005
To go back to an earlier topic, no Leaf prospect was invited to the junior Team Canada summer programme. This is as expected.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Yeah and I like the pick but I can’t see him being more than #3 on team Canada

DiPietro is clearly the number 1, but after that Scott could easily challenge to be the number 2. Villalta is far from a spectacular goalie and is more the product of a good team. SSM would have probably gone all the way if they had someone better than him in net. Scott does not have great numbers but he is also behind a putrid team (and even worse defense) that lacks much in terms of talent.

It's Dipietro and then probably a 3 way battle between Scott, Villalta and Rodrigue for the last two jobs.

Reactions: Walshy7

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
DiPietro is clearly the number 1, but after that Scott could easily challenge to be the number 2. Villalta is far from a spectacular goalie and is more the product of a good team. SSM would have probably gone all the way if they had someone better than him in net. Scott does not have great numbers but he is also behind a putrid team (and even worse defense) that lacks much in terms of talent.

It's Dipietro and then probably a 3 way battle between Scott, Villalta and Rodrigue for the last two jobs.

Having no team canada players really doesn’t bother me, having no wjhc players actually wouldn’t bother me. But likely we will have liljegren playing big mins on Sweden. Sandin has a shot, rasanen I think is eligible for Finland and made it last year. Woll could be #1 on US team. SDA could play for Russia although may be a long shot

67Cup

Sep 16, 2005
Rasanen was the last cut of Finland last year. They took both a forward and a dman for the final slot. Part way through the tournament they decided on the forward and let Rasanen go. But he stands a good chance this year. Woll is no longer eligible.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Semyon Arguchintsev
Is he allowed to play for Russia's u18 team.

That’s a good question actually. The kid is so young and that’s why I really like the pick. He turns 18 on September 15 so I be interesting to know if he can play U18

Another thing he hasn’t played for Russia since U16 according to elite prospects unless he was injured he may not be liked by Russian national team selectors. Also only played 1 game total for the U16

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
With some signings, moves and development camp all now out of the way, does anyone want to take a crack at predicting the Marlies 2018-19 roster?

Pholus

May 23, 2014
Filip Kral will be back playing for the Czech Republic again this year, barring an injury.

Semyon Arguchintsev
Is he allowed to play for Russia's u18 team.

No, u18's in 2019 will be for players born 2001 or later. IIHF eligibility is determined by birth year, doesn't matter whether a player is born Jan 1 or Dec 31.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
With some signings, moves and development camp all now out of the way, does anyone want to take a crack at predicting the Marlies 2018-19 roster?
If anybody wants to do this I put together a list of all the players at our disposal... The Growlers are going to be really, really good as well. The Marlies have amazing depth.

Leafs contracts:
NHL contracts according to cap friendly (46: 24 forwards, 16 defensemen,6 goaltenders)

Marleau-Tavares-Marner
Hyman-Matthews-Nylander(RFA)
Johnsson(RFA)-Kadri-Kapanen
Ennis-Lindholm-Brown
Grundstrom-Gauthier(RFA)-Leivo
Timashov-Jooris-Cracknell
Moore-Brooks-Engvall
Marchment-Mueller-Bracco

Rielly-Hainsey
Gardiner-Zaitsev
Dermott-Carrick
Rosen-Ozhiganov
Borgman-Liljegren
Marincin-Lindgren
Nielsen-Subban
Loverde-Holl

Andersen
McElhinney
Sparks
Pickard
Kaskisuo
McAdam
Reserve List according to cap friendly (24: 13 forwards, 8 defensemen, 3 goaltenders)
Bobylev-Aaltonen-Dzierkals
Herzog-Chebykin-Holmberg
Korshkov-Der-Arguchinstev-Kizimov
Joshua-McGregor-Kara
Stotts

Sandin-Durzi
Gordeev-Hollowell
Greenway-Rasanen
Kral-O’Connell

Woll
Scott
Bouthillier
Development Camp Invites (Non-Drafted or signed by Leafs or Marlies) (23: 14 forwards, 7 defensemen, 2 goaltenders)
Abols-Barnaby-Barry
Beretta-Cooley-Howdeshell
Levin-Neumann-Poddubnyi
Pucek-Rotenberg-Sokolov
Zummack- Os-Shaw

Carroll-Delmas
Fergus-Grima
Holwell-Kapcheck
Hunter

Hanson
Outen
Marlies signings (16: 13 forwards, 3 defensemen)
Piccinich-Feguson-Bradley
Pooley-Kestner-Plouffe
Estephan-Elynuik-Moore
Clark-O’Brien-Pospisil
Molino

Gudbranson
Jardine
LeBlanc

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Where does our prospect pool rank among other NHL teams? As far as top-end talent, we aren't top 10... but our depth probably makes up for that a little bit.

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017
If anybody wants to do this I put together a list of all the players at our disposal... The Growlers are going to be really, really good as well. The Marlies have amazing depth.

Leafs contracts:
NHL contracts according to cap friendly (46: 24 forwards, 16 defensemen,6 goaltenders)

Marleau-Tavares-Marner
Ennis-Lindholm-Brown
Moore-Brooks-Engvall
Marchment-Mueller-Bracco

Rielly-Hainsey
Gardiner-Zaitsev
Dermott-Carrick
Rosen-Ozhiganov
Borgman-Liljegren
Marincin-Lindgren
Nielsen-Subban
Loverde-Holl

Andersen
McElhinney
Sparks
Pickard
Kaskisuo
McAdam
Reserve List according to cap friendly (24: 13 forwards, 8 defensemen, 3 goaltenders)
Herzog-Chebykin-Holmberg
Joshua-McGregor-Kara
Stotts

Sandin-Durzi
Gordeev-Hollowell
Greenway-Rasanen
Kral-O’Connell

Woll
Scott
Bouthillier
Development Camp Invites (Non-Drafted or signed by Leafs or Marlies) (23: 14 forwards, 7 defensemen, 2 goaltenders)
Abols-Barnaby-Barry
Levin-Neumann-Poddubnyi
Pucek-Rotenberg-Sokolov
Zummack- Os-Shaw

Carroll-Delmas
Fergus-Grima
Holwell-Kapcheck
Hunter

Hanson
Outen
Pooley-Kestner-Plouffe
Estephan-Elynuik-Moore
Clark-O’Brien-Pospisil
Molino

Gudbranson
Jardine
LeBlanc

You forgot Greening.

Reactions: uncleben

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario

Leafs contracts:

Marleau-Tavares-Marner
Ennis-Lindholm-Brown
Moore-Brooks-Engvall
Marchment-Mueller-Bracco

Rielly-Hainsey
Gardiner-Zaitsev
Dermott-Carrick
Rosen-Ozhiganov
Borgman-Liljegren
Marincin-Lindgren
Nielsen-Subban
Loverde-Holl

Andersen
McElhinney
Sparks
Pickard
Kaskisuo
McAdam
Herzog-Chebykin-Holmberg
Joshua-McGregor-Kara
Stotts

Sandin-Durzi
Gordeev-Hollowell
Greenway-Rasanen
Kral-O’Connell

Woll
Scott
Bouthillier
Abols-Barnaby-Barry
Levin-Neumann-Poddubnyi
Pucek-Rotenberg-Sokolov
Zummack- Os-Shaw

Carroll-Delmas
Fergus-Grima
Holwell-Kapcheck
Hunter

Hanson
Outen
Pooley-Kestner-Plouffe
Estephan-Elynuik-Moore
Clark-O’Brien-Pospisil
Molino

Gudbranson
Jardine
LeBlanc
Kinda hope the Marles/Growlers sign Josh Winquist. We have a lot depth already, but Winquist was a beast of a Bear, second in points only behind fellow Marlies FA Max Novak (who has signed in Europe)

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Where does our prospect pool rank among other NHL teams? As far as top-end talent, we aren't top 10... but our depth probably makes up for that a little bit.

Probably middle of the pack, 10-15th OA. Not many blue chip prospects (and also considering if you remove Dermott and Kappy from the pool). Lily's probably the only one. But as you said lots of depth on the wing and on D, but not much down the middle in terms of centre prospects. Just a bunch of solid talent throughout the system.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Probably middle of the pack, 10-15th OA. Not many blue chip prospects (and also considering if you remove Dermott and Kappy from the pool). Lily's probably the only one. But as you said lots of depth on the wing and on D, but not much down the middle in terms of centre prospects. Just a bunch of solid talent throughout the system.

I am not sure what is considered blue-chip, but I would probably include guys like Sandin, Johnsson and Grundstrom in there too at least.

Somewhere in the low teens is probably right though, but is still amazing considering we have probably had significantly more graduations than other teams too. We are easily top 3 in terms of U25 talent, if not number 1, so that is really what matters.

firstemperor

May 25, 2011

Good topic to re-evaluate every now and then....IMO, we're somewhere in the mid-late teens right now.

If we're talking 21 and under talent, we're in the 20's....too many prospect graduations and other teams have restocked.

For example, a team where I favoured our pool over quite a bit more last year, Detroit- first 3 rounds consisted of Zadina, Veleno, Berggren, McIssac, Regula

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Yeah, take out Dermott and Kapanen and leafs pool is likely on the bottom 15, though that will ideally change if some of the ‘18 selections start to show promise

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Does anyone have any knowledge as to why the Toronto Marlies team bus would be seen driving on Main street in Manotick Ontario (suburb of Ottawa)?

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
Does anyone have any knowledge as to why the Toronto Marlies team bus would be seen driving on Main street in Manotick Ontario (suburb of Ottawa)?
I think, don't quote me on this though, that they rent out the bus in off-season, so they can make some money off it instead of just sitting on the insurance

I haven't heard of the Marlies doing it per se, but I have heard of lower leagues doing that

Reactions: Al14

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF

They rent out the buses in the offseasons.

IIRC, the Marlies own a bus, and then rent out a 2nd for the road trips, so it’s probably that one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce