Prospect Info: Prospects and Marlies Thread: Marlies Calder Cup Champions Edition - Pre-Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Keefe on Bracco about a week ago
"I dont think I would ever classify those guys as goal scorers. If you look at their history, they've never been goal scorers. They're guys that make plays, drive play, set others up, so I have no issues with that kind of stuff. The thing with both those guys, we want them to be really good in other areas of the game, they've been doing that. They've both been working extremely hard."
The question was about Bracco and Timashov only scoring one goal.

Coach seems fine with Bracco's play so far.

Is this really a valid argument that the his coach speaks optimistically and positively when asked to comment about the player specifically? Like there is any other tack a pro coach should take in that circumstance. I'm sure there were times when Keefe spoke positively about former Marlies like Bibeau, Valiev, Rychel, Percy, Sam Carrick, etc. I don't expect him to do anything other than that when publicly discussing any of his players.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Looks like Filip Kral got into a game.

Bracco and Tima have been underwhelming production wise, but both have skating and skills and have shown they can hang with good talent during camps. Makes them both interesting still.

Reactions: stickty111

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Do people not remember how Bracco started last year as well? He'll pick it up. He's still probably the highest ceiling forward prospect we have.

last year Bracco scored at a 10gl/50pt pace and then got benched in the playoffs.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
Looks like Filip Kral got into a game.

Bracco and Tima have been underwhelming production wise, but both have skating and skills and have shown they can hang with good talent during camps. Makes them both interesting still.

Timashov developed himself a good two way game ... Bracco "gift" has gotten him to the AHL, he now has to understand it takes dedication and hard work to continue upwards, lots of gifted guys in the AHL that just don't have the will to take the next step.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Is this really a valid argument that the his coach speaks optimistically and positively when asked to comment about the player specifically? Like there is any other tack a pro coach should take in that circumstance. I'm sure there were times when Keefe spoke positively about former Marlies like Bibeau, Valiev, Rychel, Percy, Sam Carrick, etc. I don't expect him to do anything other than that when publicly discussing any of his players.
Keefe had no problem calling out Nylander and Kapanen
This isn't just him praising a player just because he has too

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Bracco has a good looking skillset, but hasn't performed in an impressive way since he was like 17. At some point you have to live up to the hype.

Skating sideways looks cool as ****, but it has to get him somewhere.
Not very mature to take shots at the player, but cant be surprised based on your misinformed opinion.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017

OHL
16-17
3.png
Kitchener Rangers
OHL27173451
3.png
Windsor Spitfires
OHL3082432
31.png
USA U20
WJC-207325
17-18
3.png
Toronto Marlies
AHL5062632
18-19
3.png
Toronto Marlies
AHL10123
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Good produced in his post draft year. He was headed for great season the year after being traded, where his numbers fell dramatically. However it seems he was learning the defensive game. Started off slow with the Marlies, then he started to produce.

Bracco has performed since age 17.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Admitting what? :lol:

Sorry man. I'm impressed with Bracco's skillset, but not his performance. I'm sorry you found that so offensive and immature but it is what it is. Maybe I should take a sensitivity course or something.
Admitting your wrong.
If you said this post before, I wouldn't have a problem.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph

OHL
16-17
3.png
Kitchener Rangers
OHL27173451
3.png
Windsor Spitfires
OHL3082432
31.png
USA U20
WJC-207325
17-18
3.png
Toronto Marlies
AHL5062632
18-19
3.png
Toronto Marlies
AHL10123
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Good produced in his post draft year. He was headed for great season the year after being traded, where his numbers fell dramatically. However it seems he was learning the defensive game. Started off slow with the Marlies, then he started to produce.

Bracco has performed since age 17.

That's simply not impressive and does not project an NHL player. I don't know why you post that as if it refutes anything I said.

Last edited:

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
That's simply not impressive. I don't know why you post that as if it refutes anything I said.
Actually it is. For a post draft, thats fine but could be better. The next season, his numbers were tremendous before the trade.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Filip Kral seems to have returned from injury to play a game for Spokane but only 1 game so far.

Does anyone know if he re-aggravated his injury or if thats just how the Chiefs' schedule has been since his return?

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Filip Kral seems to have returned from injury to play a game for Spokane but only 1 game so far.

Does anyone know if he re-aggravated his injury or if thats just how the Chiefs' schedule has been since his return?
Thats how the schedule has been. They havent played any games since then.

Reactions: LeafChief
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad