Prospect Thread XXVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

tc 23

#GaunceForGM
Dec 11, 2012
Vancouver
Horvat with another disappointing tourney. what's the excuse this time, is he injured again?

can't see this kid living up to expectations..

What are you talking about? Horvat's team moved onto the next round!

I0000d6nddckZ1I4.jpg

:sarcasm:

tc 23

#GaunceForGM
Dec 11, 2012
Vancouver
he's a top 10 pick so expectations should be that of a really good top 6 center. I don't see him living up to that. he has 3rd line center written all over him.

I'm not sure what more you want from him.

With key players missing (two top-4 dmen, starting goaltender), Horvat has been used heavily in a defensive role this series. The Knights, and Horvat, battled hard but couldn't do much with a depleted roster and lost to a better team.

He still put up points in all but two of his team's games and 11 points in 9 games overall.

canuck4life16

It what it is-mccann
May 29, 2008
Vancity
Horvat still have the memorial cup tournament to play well it not over yet. I hope people don't use stats as a way to determine player future way to early

The Iron Goalie

Formally 'OEL for Norris'
Feb 8, 2012
Langley, BC
I'm not sure what more you want from him.

With key players missing (two top-4 dmen, starting goaltender), Horvat has been used heavily in a defensive role this series. The Knights, and Horvat, battled hard but couldn't do much with a depleted roster and lost to a better team.

He still put up points in all but two of his team's games and 11 points in 9 games overall.

I agree...people just refuse to see the context of this situation. 11 points in 9Gp in good considering the Hunters, as you said, made him play as a 3rd D out there. Furthermore what do you guys want? 2ppg or he's a bust...come on give your heads a shake.

On a different note I think this break will be great fire London as they will be able to rest up, amd recover from all their injuries + Bo gets a much needed break he's played a ton of hockey the last 2 and a half years.

tc 23

#GaunceForGM
Dec 11, 2012
Vancouver
I agree...people just refuse to see the context of this situation. 11 points in 9Gp in good considering the Hunters, as you said, made him play as a 3rd D out there. Furthermore what do you guys want? 2ppg or he's a bust...come on give your heads a shake.

On a different note I think this break will be great fire London as they will be able to rest up, amd recover from all their injuries + Bo gets a much needed break he's played a ton of hockey the last 2 and a half years.

Definitely. The massive minutes were definitely wearing out Zadorov, so the rest will be huge for him. Adding Brady Austin back into a lineup will be a big boost as well. Apparently Bell and Stolarz may be back as well, as Branch may re-visit the suspension and rumour is Bell has a chance of being healthy in time for the Memorial cup.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
They'll be ready to go for the Mem Cup.

Tough to win three straight OHL championships for sure. A lot of hockey each year.

tc 23

#GaunceForGM
Dec 11, 2012
Vancouver
Updates tonight:

OHL:
Erie Otters: (4-0 Series win)
Player​
|
Tonight​
|
Playoffs​

Gaunce|Series Over|9GP 5G 9A 14P +8 8PIM
Fox|Series Over|9GP 7G 9A 16P +7 12PIM

London Knights: 4-5L (1-4 Series loss)
Player​
|
Tonight​
|
Playoffs​

Horvat|0G 0A -1 0PIM|9GP 5G 6A 11P +0 4PIM

North Bay Battalion: 4-1W (3-2 Series)
Player​
|
Tonight​
|
Playoffs​

Liberati|0G 0A +0 0PIM|12GP 0G 1A 1P +0 8PIM

Oshawa Generals: (4-0 Series win)
Player​
|
Tonight​
|
Playoffs​

Cassels|Series Over|8GP 6G 7A 13P +4 8PIM

Kingston Frontenacs:
Player​
|
Tonight​
|
Playoffs​

McEneny|Eliminated R1|7GP 1G 1A 2P +1 6PIM

WHL:
Portland Winterhawks: (4-1 Series win)
Player​
|
Tonight​
|
Playoffs​

Cederholm|Series Over|9GP 1G 1A 2P +4 6PIM

Game 6 between North Bay and Barrie is on Sunday.

The Iron Goalie

Formally 'OEL for Norris'
Feb 8, 2012
Langley, BC
Definitely. The massive minutes were definitely wearing out Zadorov, so the rest will be huge for him. Adding Brady Austin back into a lineup will be a big boost as well. Apparently Bell and Stolarz may be back as well, as Branch may re-visit the suspension and rumour is Bell has a chance of being healthy in time for the Memorial cup.

Good they'll need too be fully healthy with a memorial cup against

WHL-Portland/Kelowna/Edmonton
QMJHL-Halifax
OHL-Erie/Guelph/Oshawa

Should be great.

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
Well we have 3 2 way 200 foot players in Horvat , Gaunce and Cassels

Robbie Fabbri absolutely pimp Horvat who was suppose to shut him down..

Lets see how Gaunce does vs Fabbri

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Well we have 3 2 way 200 foot players in Horvat , Gaunce and Cassels

Robbie Fabbri absolutely pimp Horvat who was suppose to shut him down..

Lets see how Gaunce does vs Fabbri

I'll be interested to see what Guelph coach Scott Walker does with home ice in the first two games and the final shift change.

I wonder if he'll try to get the Rychel-Fabbri-Mitchell line away from Gaunce, or just matchup head to head.

just22

Aug 2, 2009
he's a top 10 pick so expectations should be that of a really good top 6 center. I don't see him living up to that. he has 3rd line center written all over him.

Maybe you should be doing more than stat watching... have you even seen a single game?

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
Maybe you should be doing more than stat watching... have you even seen a single game?

yes, his quickness and battle level is concerning. he seems to do a lot of coasting for a "200 foot" player and his offense is nothing specially. all the same problems I saw with him at the WJC. maybe he's still injured..? I hope this isn't a healthy Horvat I'm watching.

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
PoolChamp with more preconceived misconceptions. he's been greasing that angle for months. you don't see him around when Horvat was doing well but as soon as his team gets eliminated he pounces.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad