The Dirty Fox

scores, assists, fights and gets under the opponent skin

Thank you Mike Gillis !!!!!

LaVar

Jul 31, 2013
Can't wait for a line of Shinkaruk-Gaunce-Fox in the AHL next season! :D

LaVar

Jul 31, 2013
Meh, not very keen on the idea of an all-rookie line in the AHL. I'd rather split some of them up and play with vets who can help them along in their development.

True.

I just hope their play transitions to the A. Especially Shinkaruk coming off of that injury.

The Iron Goalie

Formally 'OEL for Norris'
Feb 8, 2012
Langley, BC
Meh, not very keen on the idea of an all-rookie line in the AHL. I'd rather split some of them up and play with vets who can help them along in their development.

Agreed...something like

Pelletier, Gaunce, Ferriero
Shinkaruk, O'Reilly, Grenier

A 1A/1B top line situation. Then Blomstrand, Kenins, Fox, Mallet, Stuart, Welsh, Lain,and Friesen Fill out the bottom 6.

Will be fun to watch soooooo many prospects play next year.

canuck4life16

It what it is-mccann
May 29, 2008
Vancity
Agreed...something like

Pelletier, Gaunce, Ferriero
Shinkaruk, O'Reilly, Grenier

A 1A/1B top line situation. Then Blomstrand, Kenins, Fox, Mallet, Stuart, Welsh, Lain,and Friesen Fill out the bottom 6.

Will be fun to watch soooooo many prospects play next year.

maybe

Stuart Welsh/Lain Fox
Blomstrand Lain Welsh/Mallet

tc 23

#GaunceForGM
Dec 11, 2012
Vancouver
Tonight's CHL games are over so here's the update:

OHL:
Erie Otters: 7-3W (3-1 Series)
Player​
|
Tonight​
|
Playoffs​

Gaunce|1G 0A +0 0PIM|4GP 3G 3A 6P +0 4PIM
Fox|3G 1A +2 0PIM|4GP 6G 4A 10P +3 4PIM

London Knights: (3-0 Series)
Player​
|
Tonight​
|
Playoffs​

Horvat|No Game|3GP 3G 4A 7P +4 2PIM

North Bay Battalion: (1-2 Series)
Player​
|
Tonight​
|
Playoffs​

Liberati|No Game|3GP 0G 0A 0P +0 4PIM

Oshawa Generals: (3-0 Series)
Player​
|
Tonight​
|
Playoffs​

Cassels|No Game|3GP 2G 4A 6P +1 2PIM

Kingston Frontenacs: (3-0 Series)
Player​
|
Tonight​
|
Playoffs​

McEneny|No Game|3GP 0G 1A 1P +3 4PIM

WHL:
Portland Winterhawks: 6-1W (4-0 Series win)
Player​
|
Tonight​
|
Playoffs​

Cederholm|0G 0A +0 2PIM|4GP 0G 0A 0P +0 2PIM

Portland sweeps Vancouver and Cederholm moves onto the second round. Tomorrow, North Bay (Liberati), Kingston (McEneny), London (Horvat), Erie (Gaunce, Fox), and Oshawa (Cassels) are all in action.

ace4

Mar 11, 2014
Are the Canucks going to sign Mitch Holmberg? If so, I can't believe he put up so many points with an annoying distraction in the Spokane Arena. Literally, every time Spokane gets a shot on goal or they make a save there is a Homer Simpson sound effect "woowho". Don't most arenas shut off the public address system while the game is in action?

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Are the Canucks going to sign Mitch Holmberg? If so, I can't believe he put up so many points with an annoying distraction in the Spokane Arena. Literally, every time Spokane gets a shot on goal or they make a save there is a Homer Simpson sound effect "woowho". Don't most arenas shut off the public address system while the game is in action?

Canucks scouts don't even know who Holmberg is - he plays in the WHL. ;)

ace4

Mar 11, 2014
Canucks scouts don't even know who Holmberg is - he plays in the WHL. ;)

Gillis was asked about not drafting WHL prospects at the end of last season. He responded by saying they had to get better at identifying whl talent and he ended up drafting Shinkaruk. We will see what they do in the 2014 draft.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Gillis was asked about not drafting WHL prospects at the end of last season. He responded by saying they had to get better at identifying whl talent and he ended up drafting Shinkaruk. We will see what they do in the 2014 draft.

Well, I mean, they have a freaking WHL team in their backyard, with top draftees coming to town to play the Giants. Surely you could find more talent from the WHL than we have. Hopefully Shinkaruk is the player that breaks that trend of avoiding the WHL.

Also, I'm almost, maybe a bit more excited to see Shinkaruk develop over any other Canucks prospect because he has the abilities to be a very exciting offensive player.

TheWanderer

Nov 15, 2013
One of Lain, or Welsh will probably be canned... my moneys on Welsh. so based one that.

Pelletier-Gaunce-Ferriero
Shinkaruk-O'Reilly-Grenier
Stuart-Lain-Fox
Blomstrand-Freisen-Mallet

I don't they'll drop Welsh yet. He was good when he was up with the big club.

Better than friggin Mallet.

Aug 3, 2005
Vancouver & OK Falls
One of Lain, or Welsh will probably be canned... my moneys on Welsh. so based one that.

Pelletier-Gaunce-Ferriero
Shinkaruk-O'Reilly-Grenier
Stuart-Lain-Fox
Blomstrand-Freisen-Mallet

They'll probably play Fox where he's been comfortable already, either as a LW or a C, but not on the right side so far as I know.

Also, Fox is __by far__ our best prospect goal-scorer, despite the stigma of being an undrafted 20-year-old, until he's shown to be otherwise in the AHL. So I'd be surprised to see him stuck on the third line automatically, with Gaunce and Shinkaruk gifted the top two lines merely by virtue of draft rank. I'm a huge fan of the latter two, but fair is fair, Shinkaruk was out basically all of this season, and all three of these guys have to prove or disprove themselves equally.

But since Fox has shown a special talent for goal-scoring in the OHL, then ramped it up in the playoffs while playing both ends of the rink, you know that Green will be hoping Fox's talent will translate to Utica's benefit, and will give him every chance to tear up the AHL while helping the Comets to win more games.

Like Gaunce and Shinkaruk, Fox might fizzle out at the next level, but he's not going to be buried by the coach if there's a chance he can keep filling the net with his lethal shot.

The Iron Goalie

Formally 'OEL for Norris'
Feb 8, 2012
Langley, BC
They'll probably play Fox where he's been comfortable already, either as a LW or a C, but not on the right side so far as I know.

Also, Fox is __by far__ our best prospect goal-scorer, despite the stigma of being an undrafted 20-year-old, until he's shown to be otherwise in the AHL. So I'd be surprised to see him stuck on the third line automatically, with Gaunce and Shinkaruk gifted the top two lines merely by virtue of draft rank. I'm a huge fan of the latter two, but fair is fair, Shinkaruk was out basically all of this season, and all three of these guys have to prove or disprove themselves equally.

But since Fox has shown a special talent for goal-scoring in the OHL, then ramped it up in the playoffs while playing both ends of the rink, you know that Green will be hoping Fox's talent will translate to Utica's benefit, and will give him every chance to tear up the AHL while helping the Comets to win more games.

Like Gaunce and Shinkaruk, Fox might fizzle out at the next level, but he's not going to be buried by the coach if there's a chance he can keep filling the net with his lethal shot.

I fully agree, and I am not basing my lineups on being draft or not/being a first rounder...Fox could easily outplay Shinkaruk, in which case I'd say move Fox onto the 2nd line, and if Shink isn't physically ready...send him back too Medicine Hat to dominate...or keep him in the AHL, play him on the 3rd line, and play him on the PP too offset reduced icetime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad