Feb 28, 2002
Vancouver Island
Visit site
If the Canucks took Ritchie at 6 and traded for 10 as well i'd look at:

- Nylander
- Virtanen
- Fabbri

and maybe Barbashev.

In 5 years, Barbshev between Ritchie and Kassain would be a very hard line to play against. Ivan plays the 200 foot game while bring the speed and skill. I know this isn't whats meant as emulating the Boston model it would be in the same fashion of the Luicic - Krejci - Hornton/Iginla. I somewhat have my doubts that Nylander would be there at 10 if he were he'd give that line another level of skill and would have lots of room to work with two hulking wingers.

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
In 5 years, Barbshev between Ritchie and Kassain would be a very hard line to play against. Ivan plays the 200 foot game while bring the speed and skill. I know this isn't whats meant as emulating the Boston model it would be in the same fashion of the Luicic - Krejci - Hornton/Iginla. I somewhat have my doubts that Nylander would be there at 10 if he were he'd give that line another level of skill and would have lots of room to work with two hulking wingers.

I do like Barbashev, but Robby Fabbri continues to impress me. 45 goal regular season and now has 5 goals in 6 ohl playoff games and counting...

Drop the Sopel

May 4, 2007
calgary
Let's assume the Canucks took Ritchie at 6, and had acquired Ottawa's 1st from Anaheim. Who would your ideal be at #10, since as I understand things, the players in that range are all fairly evenly ranked.

Would hope for a skilled centre. If Nylander is gone, would look long and hard at Fabbri.

Shinkaruk Horvat Kassian
Ritchie Fabbri Jensen

Good mix of the top 6 forward prospects. Size, skill and a quality pair at every position.

canuck4life16

It what it is-mccann
May 29, 2008
Vancity
I do like Barbashev, but Robby Fabbri continues to impress me. 45 goal regular season and now has 5 goals in 6 ohl playoff games and counting...

you are assuming that Fabbri won't be taken by a team late in the first round right......and we can grab him with the 36th overall pick. Hopefully our OHL scouts is watching him

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
you are assuming that Fabbri won't be taken by a team late in the first round right......and we can grab him with the 36th overall pick. Hopefully our OHL scouts is watching him

I would love it if he fell to our 2nd rounder and he could fall, Petan fell into the 40s, but I doubt we are that lucky.

Nucker42

Nov 27, 2011
Most attainable pick is the Anaheim from Ottawa pick at 11th overall. I think the Canucks need to find a way to get that pick and have two picks in the top 11. Would kick start a youth movement that is desperately needed.

Kesler and 2nd to Anahiem

11th and SHEA THEODORE and Davante Smith-Pelly

LickTheEnvelope

Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
Shinkaruk's Medicine Hat Tigers beat Sam Reinhart's Kootenay Ice to move on to the WHL east finals. They will play Edmonton while in the West Portland plays Kelowna.

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
I hope the Ducks get upset by the Stars and get hot for Kesler. Their prospects are on the cusp and they're stocked enough that he can afford the Division-rival tax.

Wilch

Unregistered User
Mar 29, 2010
I think he'll got 15-20 but you never ever know. Who would have said Shinkaruk would fall to us before the last draft?

Yep. Fabbri would need to fall roughly twenty spots for us to pick him, which is where he's projected to go. The fall would be similar to Shinkaruk's fifteen spot fall, as he fell from a projected ninth overall.

canuck4life16

It what it is-mccann
May 29, 2008
Vancity
Shinkaruk's Medicine Hat Tigers beat Sam Reinhart's Kootenay Ice to move on to the WHL east finals. They will play Edmonton while in the West Portland plays Kelowna.

it would be nice if Hunter could join his junior team and play hockey but I guess he still far off from playing any hockey.

Is there any news when Hunter can start playing hockey again? likely? preseason?

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
I think he'll got 15-20 but you never ever know. Who would have said Shinkaruk would fall to us before the last draft?

maybe a week before the draft a lot of people on this board called shinkaruk falling a bunch

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
it is nice to actually be building a decent prospects pool to pay attention to. Will be even better when we can start filling out the AHL team with more of our own draft picks.

I'm legitimately excited about more than just 1-2 players for the first time in a long time.

LickTheEnvelope

Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
it would be nice if Hunter could join his junior team and play hockey but I guess he still far off from playing any hockey.

Is there any news when Hunter can start playing hockey again? likely? preseason?

Shinkaruk is trying really hard not to re-injure anything. He just started on-ice skating practice a few weeks back but I'd guess he likely wont be near 100% until mid - late July.

Similar thing happened to Jets goalie prospect Eric Comrie a year ago. Had surgery on his hip, was out a year, came back the next year but WHL.

canuck4life16

It what it is-mccann
May 29, 2008
Vancity
good news for Horvat and the London Knights.they get their starting goalie back!

http://www.lfpress.com/2014/04/15/th...e-memorial-cup

The Ontario Hockey League will waive the remaining two games of the London goaltender’s eight-game suspension for one-handing Windsor forward Josh Ho-Sang in the back of the head with his stick in the third game of the Knights’ opening-round sweep over the Spitfires.

@RyanatLFPress · 6m
OHL's take on allowing Stolarz to play in Cup: "We rely on what happened in the past and that there was no injury on the play, fortunately."

PhilMick

Formerly PRNuck
May 20, 2009
Calgary
good news for Horvat and the London Knights.they get their starting goalie back!

http://www.lfpress.com/2014/04/15/th...e-memorial-cup

The Ontario Hockey League will waive the remaining two games of the London goaltender’s eight-game suspension for one-handing Windsor forward Josh Ho-Sang in the back of the head with his stick in the third game of the Knights’ opening-round sweep over the Spitfires.

@RyanatLFPress · 6m
OHL's take on allowing Stolarz to play in Cup: "We rely on what happened in the past and that there was no injury on the play, fortunately."

The bad news: He's not actually that good of a goalie :/

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
@RyanatLFPress · 6m

*snicker*

It was fairly predictable that the suspension would be cut short, but aren't those things factors that should have affected the suspension itself, rather than having it shortened after the team was knocked out?

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
Yeah, I just think they missed the boat not upgrading at the trade deadline.

Hindsight is 20/20, but at this point it seems obvious that defence is the area they should have upgraded at the deadline. Then they wouldn't have had to play Zadorov pretty much the entire game.

PhilMick

Formerly PRNuck
May 20, 2009
Calgary
Hindsight is 20/20, but at this point it seems obvious that defence is the area they should have upgraded at the deadline. Then they wouldn't have had to play Zadorov pretty much the entire game.

I thought their goalies weren't good enough then too :P

tc 23

#GaunceForGM
Dec 11, 2012
Vancouver
As a London supporter, that's great but as a hockey fan, that's disgusting. Stolarz gets his suspension reduced despite taking a stick swing at Ho-Sang's head (which fortunately didn't result in injury) while Ho-Sang will still have to sit his 15 games for his significantly less serious incident (that unfortunately resulted in injury).

Oh well. Hopefully Austin and maybe Bell are ready to go when the Mem Cup starts too.

PhilMick

Formerly PRNuck
May 20, 2009
Calgary
As a London supporter, that's great but as a hockey fan, that's disgusting. Stolarz gets his suspension reduced despite taking a stick swing at Ho-Sang's head (which fortunately didn't result in injury) while Ho-Sang will still have to sit his 15 games for his significantly less serious incident (that unfortunately resulted in injury).

Oh well. Hopefully Austin and maybe Bell are ready to go when the Mem Cup starts too.

Somewhere (Toronto), Shanahan has a smile on his face. He knows from player safety.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad