Prospect Thread XIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
Finished 6-4. Shinks with 2 apples even plus minus and 2 penalties, one for elbowing and one for highsticking.

Perfect classless Canuck :sarcasm:

PhilMick

Formerly PRNuck
May 20, 2009
Calgary
So Belleville has traded Brady Austin who, from what I gather, is their top OA d-man. Is this the beginning of tanking for them? Perhaps a Gaunce deal is coming soon.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
So Belleville has traded Brady Austin who, from what I gather, is their top OA d-man. Is this the beginning of tanking for them? Perhaps a Gaunce deal is coming soon.

I'd be shocked if both him and Subban are on the team by the end of the year.

thefeebster

Mar 13, 2009
Vancouver
The Austin rumors started early in the summer and Belleville is pretty much in rebuild mode. I would expect Gaunce traded by the deadline. I think they keep Subban and build with him.

What I am more curious about is Liberati. I sincerely hope he gets traded soon. The D depth for London is absurd. Basso, Austin, Zadorov, Maatta, Mermis, Stewart, Centarome... He needs to work out his kinks with playing time, rather being a #6.

PhilMick

Formerly PRNuck
May 20, 2009
Calgary
The Austin rumors started early in the summer and Belleville is pretty much in rebuild mode. I would expect Gaunce traded by the deadline. I think they keep Subban and build with him.

What I am more curious about is Liberati. I sincerely hope he gets traded soon. The D depth for London is absurd. Basso, Austin, Zadorov, Maatta, Mermis, Stewart, Centarome... He needs to work out his kinks with playing time, rather being a #6.

Yeah, would be nice to see him go to a turdburger of a team and log some serious minutes.

Maybe AIK needs a d-man? :sarcasm:

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
Rodin had 2 assists and finished with an even rating for Brynas in a 5-3 win over Farjestads yesterday.

He's producing consistently in Sweden so his lone issue really is if he can handle the rigours of hockey in North America. I wonder if the Canucks will re-sign him after this season and give him another chance.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
Rodin had 2 assists and finished with an even rating for Brynas in a 5-3 win over Farjestads yesterday.

He's producing consistently in Sweden so his lone issue really is if he can handle the rigours of hockey in North America. I wonder if the Canucks will re-sign him after this season and give him another chance.

Hopefully his shoulder(?) issues are dealt with. That was likely what made him reluctant to play with the edge he had in Sweden in North America. He's still salvageable and this season of dominating the SHL might be just what he needs.

Snatcher Demko

High-End Intangibles
Oct 8, 2006
Hopefully his shoulder(?) issues are dealt with. That was likely what made him reluctant to play with the edge he had in Sweden in North America. He's still salvageable and this season of dominating the SHL might be just what he needs.

I see a similar issue with Jensen. Recent concussion and a string of injuries. He needs a healthy year to get his edge back.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON

The concern is not only his durability but also the weak goal scoring pace at the moment. To me it indicates that he's still reluctant to go into hard areas and is playing on the perimeter. If he scores 20 this year in Sweden then maybe the team considers him worth bringing back at some point.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC

My thoughts exactly. He's not just producing nicely, I believe he's scoring at a PPG pace, which is exceptional in the SHL. If he continues to produce like that throughout the rest of the season it should give him a huge confidence boost and get him back on track in his career.

I also agree that his injury is what probably hampered him from playing the physical North American game because the word on him when he was drafted was that he had an edge to his game. It just didn't make sense that he suddenly got soft, so I'm guessing that injury had to be the problem.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
The concern is not only his durability but also the weak goal scoring pace at the moment. To me it indicates that he's still reluctant to go into hard areas and is playing on the perimeter. If he scores 20 this year in Sweden then maybe the team considers him worth bringing back at some point.

How could you possibly know that? Are you watching his games in the SHL?

ihaveyuidonttouchme

MrShiftbyShiftGuy
Feb 21, 2009
Vancouver
www.youtube.com

maybe they r intending to use him as a forward yet again...like they did last season..on second thoughts, their forward depth is long...dont think he'd fit in....me thinks...

Last edited:

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
How could you possibly know that? Are you watching his games in the SHL?

I thought it was pretty obvious by my usage of the word 'indicates' that I'm stat-scouting. I have no clue if that's actually the case. Given what I saw from him in Chicago, it's not all that crazy of an assumption.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
I thought it was pretty obvious by my usage of the word 'indicates' that I'm stat-scouting. I have no clue if that's actually the case. Given what I saw from him in Chicago, it's not all that crazy of an assumption.

His stats could 'indicate' several different things. Hopefully a fan from Sweden can pop by and give us an actual report on how Rodin is playing.

Southern_Canuck

Sep 13, 2004
Upcoming NCAA Season Openers

Oct 11
Penn State (Mike Williamson) vs. Army
Maine (Ben Hutton) at St. Lawrence
Wisconsin (Joe Labate) vs. Northern Michigan
Oct 25
Yale (Matthew Beattie) vs. Brown
Oct 26
Harvard (Patrick McNally - cleared to play?) vs. Bentley

S_C

PhilMick

Formerly PRNuck
May 20, 2009
Calgary
Upcoming NCAA Season Openers

Oct 11
Penn State (Mike Williamson) vs. Army
Maine (Ben Hutton) at St. Lawrence
Wisconsin (Joe Labate) vs. Northern Michigan
Oct 25
Yale (Matthew Beattie) vs. Brown
Oct 26
Harvard (Patrick McNally - cleared to play?) vs. Bentley

S_C

Will be interesting to see if Beattie can actually play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad