Prospect Info: Prospect Talk PART XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
April 1
QMJHL Playoffs
Sherbrooke 2, Charlottetown 1-Johnston, 1 assist, even. Series tied 2-2.
OHL Playoffs
Niagara 4, Ottawa 3 (OT)-JHS, 1 goal (1), + 1. Series tied 2-2.
WHL Playoffs
Red Deer 1, Medicine Hat 0, second period.

I think HoSang has a secondary assist on the GWG.

bluechipbonzo

Feb 12, 2010
Ottawa
I think HoSang has a secondary assist on the GWG.

Watched some of the third and OT...JHS's speed and puck control everything you expect from all this chatter- did have a huge giveaway late in the game that almost cost his team the win...also set Perlini up with a terrific pass across the slot (after coming around the net)...flies the d zone often, and seems to have license to do so- pushes the opposing D back like this- just a possesion beast through the neutral zone, and will be able to stickhandle his way to zone entries on powerplays, much like Frans currently does.

Came across to the weak side in the defensive zone and won a board battle, so the awareness and compete are coming. Tried the spinorama back pass twice and was picked off both times however. Didn't see his opening goal, but certainly the offense would appear to run through him- that is he always seems to make things happen.

There were signs of selfishness, but also great set-ups for teammates. He needs to thicken up certainly, but every indication is the Patty Kane skill set with the puck- the shot needs improvement however- one other play I recall was JHS grabbing the puck on the cycle behind the net, turning hard out front (causing the Dman to panic and sprawl on the ice) to the high slot but shooting high and wide.

If handled properly and developed right, this is a top-six NHLer, no doubt in my mind.

N Ireland Nets Fan

May 13, 2013
Rochester, New York
Watched some of the third and OT...JHS's speed and puck control everything you expect from all this chatter- did have a huge giveaway late in the game that almost cost his team the win...also set Perlini up with a terrific pass across the slot (after coming around the net)...flies the d zone often, and seems to have license to do so- pushes the opposing D back like this- just a possesion beast through the neutral zone, and will be able to stickhandle his way to zone entries on powerplays, much like Frans currently does.

Came across to the weak side in the defensive zone and won a board battle, so the awareness and compete are coming. Tried the spinorama back pass twice and was picked off both times however. Didn't see his opening goal, but certainly the offense would appear to run through him- that is he always seems to make things happen.

There were signs of selfishness, but also great set-ups for teammates. He needs to thicken up certainly, but every indication is the Patty Kane skill set with the puck- the shot needs improvement however- one other play I recall was JHS grabbing the puck on the cycle behind the net, turning hard out front (causing the Dman to panic and sprawl on the ice) to the high slot but shooting high and wide.

If handled properly and developed right, this is a top-six NHLer, no doubt in my mind.

Great break down and I completely agree.

scott99

May 13, 2005

Great scouting report, Thanks. He certainly has exceptional skills skating and stickhandling wise, even if he were in the NHL, he'd be up there with the NHL'ers. But that's where the comparison with Kane stops, Kane is a pretty good sniper and has a great shot, barely misses on breakaways as well.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I'm curious as to why Robbie Russo hasn't signed with the team. He had a fantastic year with ND this year. I know you are stacked with young D, but I'm wondering if there is any NHL potential there?
Thanks

I like Russo. Could be the next Spurgeon

scott99

May 13, 2005
Oshawa wins 4-0, MDC named first star with a goal and 2 assists. Gets the game winner as he scored the 1st goal of the game.

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
I like Russo. Could be the next Spurgeon

If there is any part of Snow's overall strength as a GM it is drafting and which kids to sign, he missed Spurgeon but there are a list of guys that we have complained about not signing that are not prospects any longer. Names like Blake Kessel, Jason Gregoire, Brendan Kichton come to mind. If they choose not to sign someone i give them benefit of doubt at this point. Russo is a small defenseman but he is behind Reinhart, Pulock and Pelech & Mayfield already.

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
April 2
OHL
Oshawa 4, Pereborough 0-MDC, 1 goal (1), 2 assists, + 1. Oshawa leads series 3-1.

WHL
Medicine Hat 5, Red Deer 3-Burroughs, 1 assist, + 2. Medicine Hat leads series 3-1.

Friday OHL, 7:30
Niagara at Ottawa, series tied 2-2.
Peterborough at Oshawa.

QMJHL, 6:00
Sherbrooke vs Charlottetowm, series tied 2-2.

Last edited:

rikker

Jun 6, 2003
Visit site
Johnson has 5 assists in 4 games, 14 PIMs and is a +2. any chance that he is a diamond in the rough? he doesn't have as good stats as Martin did in the regular season, but seems to pick it up in the PO's.

i may be the only one, but i think Martin has pretty good hands and hockey sense. great work ethic and his skating has improved. i wouldn't mind seeing him given some time on the 3rd line. this would allow RJ to step into the 4th line LW spot.

need more grit, everywhere...

Macch

Mar 22, 2010
Johnson has 5 assists in 4 games, 14 PIMs and is a +2. any chance that he is a diamond in the rough? he doesn't have as good stats as Martin did in the regular season, but seems to pick it up in the PO's.

i may be the only one, but i think Martin has pretty good hands and hockey sense. great work ethic and his skating has improved. i wouldn't mind seeing him given some time on the 3rd line. this would allow RJ to step into the 4th line LW spot.

need more grit, everywhere...

Will be interesting to see what happens with Johnson. He'll have more time to develop than Martin did.

Martin had great numbers, playing with Stamkos def helped, but I know there were a few people on here who agreed that if Martin was given proper time to really develop in Bridgeport, he could have been a good 2nd/3rd line player.

Unfortunately the isles were in a bad place and he worked his way up to the NHL and became the 4th line player he is today.

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
April 3
QMJHL
Charlottetown 4, Sherbrooke 0-Johnston, 1 goal (1), + 1. Charlottetown leads series 3-2.

OHL
Niagara 8, Ottawa 3-JHS, 1 assist, even. Niagara leads series 3-2.
Oshawa 3, Peterborough 2-MDC 2 assists, + 2. Oshawa wins series 4-1.

Last edited:

Macch

Mar 22, 2010
Dammm Niagra puts up 8 goals and Ho-Sang is a -2. Yucky.

MDC on the other hand. NICE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad