Prospect Info: Prospect Talk PART XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

edmontonislesfan

Mar 28, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta

Thanks (again) to DRex and others for posting all the interesting updates and videos on prospects in North America and Europe.

Apologies if this was posted somewhere before, but the Oilers have loaned Jesse Joansuu (a former Islanders prospect) to Bern of the Swiss League. This likely means his career in North America is over. He showed flashes of abilty, but was not consistent.

Looks like there is no thread for the 2015 Draft. This is understandable as a) we are doing so well this year and b) won't be picking in the first two rounds. Since the Islanders are good at selecting quality players in later rounds, there may be some quality draft prospects out there. One may be Tim McGladrey, a center with the Brandon Wheat Kings. He is 19, and was not picked in his first two years of eligibilty. A checking center in the past, he is now leading a good Brandon team in scoring.

edmontonislesfan

Mar 28, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Since the Islanders are good at selecting quality players in later rounds, there may be some quality draft prospects out there. One may be Tim McGladrey, a center with the Brandon Wheat Kings. He is 19, and was not picked in his first two years of eligibilty. A checking center in the past, he is now leading a good Brandon team in scoring.

Sorry, I meant Tim McGauley. Working from memory at my age is not a good idea.

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
Thanks (again) to DRex and others for posting all the interesting updates and videos on prospects in North America and Europe.

Apologies if this was posted somewhere before, but the Oilers have loaned Jesse Joansuu (a former Islanders prospect) to Bern of the Swiss League. This likely means his career in North America is over. He showed flashes of abilty, but was not consistent.

Looks like there is no thread for the 2015 Draft. This is understandable as a) we are doing so well this year and b) won't be picking in the first two rounds. Since the Islanders are good at selecting quality players in later rounds, there may be some quality draft prospects out there. One may be Tim McGladrey, a center with the Brandon Wheat Kings. He is 19, and was not picked in his first two years of eligibilty. A checking center in the past, he is now leading a good Brandon team in scoring.

Thanks, familiar with McGauley since he was a teammate of Pulock's, some team may grab him with a later pick.

Future

Feb 8, 2011
Ontario
You guys have a gem in Dal Colle. I said it before the draft and I'll say it again. This kid will find a way to score at every level he plays at.

I think what turned some scouts off about him, at least enough to put Bennett, Reinhart, Draisaitl, ahead of him is because he is a winger that doesn't necessarily blow you away with dynamic game breaking speed and at times doesn't look like he's doing much out there. If you watch him closely though, he is always on alert, I compare him to a shark with blood in the water. He's just always ready to attack and intercept a pass or steal the puck. He shows excellent hockey IQ and awareness and almost seems as if he reads the eyes of the defenders. All in all though he's a phenomenal talent and has massive potential. He can do it all offensively and he knows what he needs to work on (skating and defense).

IslandersFan17

Jun 8, 2011
Long Island
While I love Ho sang I have to wonder why only five goals in about 24 games. Granted the kid is dipping in with plenty of helpers, you would like to see more goals from a kid with such elite ability

Isles5513

Please don't lose
May 18, 2014
Long Island
While I love Ho sang I have to wonder why only five goals in about 24 games. Granted the kid is dipping in with plenty of helpers, you would like to see more goals from a kid with such elite ability

5 goals? How selfish!

I'm sure he'll pick it up. He is a playmaker at heart and will keep getting assists. Goals will come.

scott99

May 13, 2005
You guys have a gem in Dal Colle. I said it before the draft and I'll say it again. This kid will find a way to score at every level he plays at.

I think what turned some scouts off about him, at least enough to put Bennett, Reinhart, Draisaitl, ahead of him is because he is a winger that doesn't necessarily blow you away with dynamic game breaking speed and at times doesn't look like he's doing much out there. If you watch him closely though, he is always on alert, I compare him to a shark with blood in the water. He's just always ready to attack and intercept a pass or steal the puck. He shows excellent hockey IQ and awareness and almost seems as if he reads the eyes of the defenders. All in all though he's a phenomenal talent and has massive potential. He can do it all offensively and he knows what he needs to work on (skating and defense).

Not that I'm comparing them in any way shape or form. But you just described the greatest goal scorer in Islander's history, Mike Bossy. Us old timers used to marvel how Bossy used to practically disappear in the offensive zone only to sneakily steal the puck or sneakily find an open space to snipe a goal off of a great pass from Trottier or Gillies. Sure he took a pounding for his troubles once in a while, what goal scorer didn't, but like a shark he'd find that puck and in a quick millisecond the puck was in the net, more often then not, we'd wonder, where did Bossy come from, like a ghost he appeared out of nowhere into a shooting position.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Except Ho-Sang isn't a complete *******.

Isn't or is?

The jury is VERY much out on Ho-Sang. I'm not so convinced that Ho-Sang is a regular NHL'er yet. I'd like to think so, but right now I just think we have a much more talented Kabanov on our hands (and for the record I never thought he was making the NHL).

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Isn't or is?

The jury is VERY much out on Ho-Sang. I'm not so convinced that Ho-Sang is a regular NHL'er yet. I'd like to think so, but right now I just think we have a much more talented Kabanov on our hands (and for the record I never thought he was making the NHL).

Ho Sang is at least putting up points in junior, KK barely cracked a PPG in his final season

First Blood

The Greiss Is Right!
Feb 17, 2014
Bradenton, FL
Isn't or is?

Ho-Sang is not a commie >.<

TROLLCHUK

Jul 1, 2006
Ho-Sang is not a commie >.<

Lithuanians and Russians do not mix.

ironwolf1.JPG

onesinceforty

Jun 24, 2006
I absolutely cannot wait for JHS to shove it down a LOT of people's throats. I am actually feeling bad for him as he was SNUBBED AGAIN. This time for the prospects game. 40 slots and he did not make it. Really? I really liked the bits I saw during training camp of his attitude and demeanor. Am I wrong? Is he toxic behind the scenes? It does not seem like it but something is not right here. It CAN'T be racial. Can it? I can't imagine this day and age but who knows. It has to be something more than the few comments he made a few years ago.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/chl-top-prospects-game-who-are-the-stars-and-snubs/

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
I absolutely cannot wait for JHS to shove it down a LOT of people's throats. I am actually feeling bad for him as he was SNUBBED AGAIN. This time for the prospects game. 40 slots and he did not make it. Really? I really liked the bits I saw during training camp of his attitude and demeanor. Am I wrong? Is he toxic behind the scenes? It does not seem like it but something is not right here. It CAN'T be racial. Can it? I can't imagine this day and age but who knows. It has to be something more than the few comments he made a few years ago.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/chl-top-prospects-game-who-are-the-stars-and-snubs/

JHS was in the prospects game last year, he is not eligible this year, its's for the 2015 draft class.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad