Prospect Info: Prospect Talk PART XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
OT, but was anyone else aware that Pokka came over to NA this year? His numbers suggest that he's adjusted well: 16 games - 5G/4A/9P; +3.

Good for him. Was one of my favorite prospects and I'd love to see him succeed. Especially since he's out of Conference.

Knew Pokka was playing for Chicago's AHL team, haven't been following him. He was a favorite of ours here, at least the Islanders received the value of a player in Leddy who can here a long time and not a band aid.

thedonger

Mar 4, 2007
OT, but was anyone else aware that Pokka came over to NA this year? His numbers suggest that he's adjusted well: 16 games - 5G/4A/9P; +3.

Good for him. Was one of my favorite prospects and I'd love to see him succeed. Especially since he's out of Conference.

Read a few posts about him on the Hawks board and it sounds like he's arguably one of the best 2 d-man on their farm club.

edmontonislesfan

Mar 28, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Knew Pokka was playing for Chicago's AHL team, haven't been following him. He was a favorite of ours here, at least the Islanders received the value of a player in Leddy who can here a long time and not a band aid.

Pokka and Pedan. Shucking the peas, but there's still lots left in the pod (Pulock and Pelech). Wish both Pokka and Pedan well.

Bet $20.00 on the Islanders winning the Stanley Cup in Vegas. Odds dropped from 50:1 to 20:1 since the beginning of the season. They are building an NHL-size arena behind/between New York New York and the Monte Carlo.

N Ireland Nets Fan

May 13, 2013
Rochester, New York

Pokka, imo, was our best defensive prospect in the entire system. I love his game and watched him develop over the last few years. Wouldn't surprise me if he turns into a stud for the Blackhawks.

Leddy has been absolutely fantastic though so I don't regret the trade at all. I just wish we could've somehow kept Pokka but to get something we had to give something up.

IslandersFan17

Jun 8, 2011
Long Island
I fore one think leaving Ho Sang off was a mistake, but could be the best thing for him. The kid seems to thrive under these circumstances... One of those, tell me I can't and I will try ten times harder to show you I can.

Seph

Sep 5, 2002
Oregon
Visit site
Would be great to bury all aspects of the Thomas Vanek trade in grave along with the Yashin and Luongo trades never to be discussed again.

The Luongo trade at least turned into Hamonic eventually, though in a long and convoluted way. So that one isn't all bad.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Looks like Dal Colle has 2 more goals with a period and change left

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
My boy Dal Colle...Was with him from day 1....

He has the size and skill to be a real difference maker at the next level..

islandermaniac

Feb 27, 2002
Dal Colle is dominating right now. Wouldn't be surprised if he made a run at a roster spot next season.

Treat him like Strome. Not only does he ripen nicely, you also get better production out of his elc. It's a win-win to leave him in the OHL.

BarBeauWahlDobLok

Sep 5, 2014
Pokka and Pedan. Shucking the peas, but there's still lots left in the pod (Pulock and Pelech). Wish both Pokka and Pedan well.

Bet $20.00 on the Islanders winning the Stanley Cup in Vegas. Odds dropped from 50:1 to 20:1 since the beginning of the season. They are building an NHL-size arena behind/between New York New York and the Monte Carlo.

What have me bouncing off walls is this possibility:

1993: Islanders experience unlikely playoff run.
1994: Rangers win Stanley Cup.

2014: Rangers experience unlikely playoff run.
2015: Islanders win Stanley Cup and depart NVMC in best possible way?

BarBeauWahlDobLok

Sep 5, 2014
Having seen MDC Sunday in Oshawa, don't think we have to worry about him at all.

He could be the prize of the top 5 from 2014. Frankly, I don't watch any hockey other than the New York Islanders, except for rare occasions. So I don't know exactly how Aaron Ekblad is doing in Florida.

Sam Reinhart is back in Kootenay of the WHL, Leon Draisaitl runs he posibility of wilting in the dismal Edmonton Oilers system, and first, Sam Bennet couldn't do a pull-up, then he hurt his shoulder. Skilled and tough? Possibly, but perhaps not durable.

Michael Dal Colle? Good size, good skill, scores goals. Yes, he's in junior, but 20 goals and 44 points in 21 games is better than bad... it's good!

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
He could be the prize of the top 5 from 2014. Frankly, I don't watch any hockey other than the New York Islanders, except for rare occasions. So I don't know exactly how Aaron Ekblad is doing in Florida.

Sam Reinhart is back in Kootenay of the WHL, Leon Draisaitl runs he posibility of wilting in the dismal Edmonton Oilers system, and first, Sam Bennet couldn't do a pull-up, then he hurt his shoulder. Skilled and tough? Possibly, but perhaps not durable.

Michael Dal Colle? Good size, good skill, scores goals. Yes, he's in junior, but 20 goals and 44 points in 21 games is better than bad... it's good!

MDC looks like he is going to be a good one.
Ekblad is a beast, has had a huge impact in Florida.
Buffalo was smart to send Reinhart back, give him time.
Edmonton may be wise to send Draisaitk back even though they have burned a year off his ELC.
Bennett was my favorite of the group of three centers, let him get healthy.
Have to give these kids proper time to develop, just look at Strome-it took him a little longer than the other top picks from his draft class, but look how well he is doing.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Dal Colle now 5th in OHL scoring and has the 2nd highest PPG out of the top five, only behind McDavid.

islandermaniac

Feb 27, 2002

and if dal colle was off to a poor start, people would be suggesting that the draft should be judged five years from now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad