Prospect Info: Prospect Talk PART XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
You had a good time, nothing to be ashamed of buddy. The Isles draft super high character kids, glad to hear that they're legit good kids. Must have been a thrill to talk to their parents too, the Dal Colle family must be so excited.

I felt for Dal Colle last night, he reminded me of JT. Blue team was stacked and he had no one to play with. Sicking Reinhart and Pulock on him was unfair considering who his linemates were... the Shrimp was invisible and I can't even remember who was their center right now. Dal Colle just looks like an NHLer, he moves with a purpose. On the PP, he was looking for open ice and put himself into position to shoot right away - he does have a very good release and he doesn't seem shy about pulling the trigger either. Ho-Sang is getting all of the attention, but let's not forget that Dal Colle is the true gem of the organization. He's in the mold of Tavares in a lot of ways.UOTE]]

PW, I really cant stress enough how good they were with us fans and all the young kids and what not...Class and Character indeed.

They had literally just come from a game and skills competition right to a autograph session with the fans... They were all smiles and did not see to be bothered by it one bit or get annoyed. I'm also proud of our fan base. it was a real good turn out for a week night in the middle of the summer and you could tell all the players appreciated it...

It was just Dal Colles father I spoke to..Super nice guy and you could see where MDC gets it... He didn't brush me off and he didn't get annoyed.I told him I noticed him from the NHL network interview and the draft. He asked me where on LI I was from and was I happy to get MDC.My wife actually took a picture of me shaking his hand. I basically told him congrats on his son being drafted and we were extremely excited to have him and hes a great fit and will love LI/NY. I also said he did a good job raising him and his story is very inspirational..

Just a great night all around..The LI kids showed up as usually too which was neat...

As far as prospects are concerned though I was very happy with the Big guns Griff Pulock MDC and Ho-Sang and really no let downs...I thought Cammeratta and Pokka would stand out more but these guys just had long seasons, especially Pokka and its July...

Get this, even McAdam looked pretty good but the defense was Stacked so who knows...The young goalie Soderstrom was solid as well.

If someone could walk me through how to post pics from my Phone or Computer on here I have a bunch of good ones..

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
If someone could walk me through how to post pics from my Phone or Computer on here I have a bunch of good ones..

If you find an image hosting site that is compatible with HFB, it is fairly simple. Shutterfly works, so you can sign up for an account there -- it's free. Log in and upload the images that are stored on your computer.

Then, once you upload them, you just need the image link. So, something like this that I completely made up, but so you get the idea: "http://myshutterflyaccountXYZ/myimages/blueandwhitescrimmage.jpg"

When posting, you just put the image link around image tags. So it looks like this:

"
"

Just remove the quotes.

Also, when posting, if you click the little icon for inserting an image into your post (up by where you change the font), it will create those IMG tags for you so you don't have to. It just prompts you to paste in the URL of where your image is hosted (so this would be the link you get from Shutterfly).

If you need help, you can also quote someone's post who has posted an image, and you will see the way it is set up in their post.

TROLLCHUK

Jul 1, 2006
PW, I really cant stress enough how good they were with us fans and all the young kids and what not...Class and Character indeed.

They had literally just come from a game and skills competition right to a autograph session with the fans... They were all smiles and did not see to be bothered by it one bit or get annoyed. I'm also proud of our fan base. it was a real good turn out for a week night in the middle of the summer and you could tell all the players appreciated it...

It was just Dal Colles father I spoke to..Super nice guy and you could see where MDC gets it... He didn't brush me off and he didn't get annoyed.I told him I noticed him from the NHL network interview and the draft. He asked me where on LI I was from and was I happy to get MDC.My wife actually took a picture of me shaking his hand. I basically told him congrats on his son being drafted and we were extremely excited to have him and hes a great fit and will love LI/NY. I also said he did a good job raising him and his story is very inspirational..

Just a great night all around..The LI kids showed up as usually too which was neat...

As far as prospects are concerned though I was very happy with the Big guns Griff Pulock MDC and Ho-Sang and really no let downs...I thought Cammeratta and Pokka would stand out more but these guys just had long seasons, especially Pokka and its July...

Get this, even McAdam looked pretty good but the defense was Stacked so who knows...The young goalie Soderstrom was solid as well.

I found that using Flickr with a link is easiest if you have a lot of pics. You can store up to a 1 TB of pics which is a heck of a lot of photos and can easily manage which pics are private and which are public.

Otherwise use something like IMGUR. I used to use imageshack but they went away from the free model to a subscription one. From those sites you can get a link and using the Advanced toolbar on HFBoards, embed the photo.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
You have to like that no one bit on a trade. Kulemin, Grabo, MDC & Ho Sang... There is no way that gets topped in trade value if we sent those very same pieces somewhere else.

Now we wait on the forward crowd to resolve, and hopefully the coaching staff to be addressed. Please let that test run last no more than ten games in to the new season. A thought - what do you think would help this club more long term - them falling on their face causing the coaching change most of us crave, or doing well and imbedding Capuano deeper in his position?

rikker

Jun 6, 2003
Visit site
You have to like that no one bit on a trade. Kulemin, Grabo, MDC & Ho Sang... There is no way that gets topped in trade value if we sent those very same pieces somewhere else.

Now we wait on the forward crowd to resolve, and hopefully the coaching staff to be addressed. Please let that test run last no more than ten games in to the new season. A thought - what do you think would help this club more long term - them falling on their face causing the coaching change most of us crave, or doing well and imbedding Capuano deeper in his position?

i don't want them to fall on their face. if they do this year, and BUF's pick is top 3, i honestly think it will be a low point for this club. and that is not an easy thing to do. IF you could guarantee a Lamariello and a Babcock to join us, then maybe. but there is no guarantee that Cheap Chuck will hire anyone better.

IF Cappy is learning, and getting better, i opt for that. i assume that he is, if the team does well.

i just can't cheer against the club...

rikker

Jun 6, 2003
Visit site
i would 'think' that Graham would be the choice for Stockton, but who knows?

demonic, Vis, Hickey, Brennan, Carkner, Strait (Martinek? j/k :D )

if Donovan goes down, in BP we have:

Donovan, Reinhart, Pulock, Ness, Pedan, Pelech, Graham, Church, Mayfield.

logjam. but that's a good thing.

my prediction is that Reinhart starts with the Isles. Graham and Ledufus in the E. Isles with 8 D, BP with 7D.

Garth seems to have his butt covered this year.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Thoughts on Cammarata?

Lots of offensive skill, but a long shot due to his lack of size and poor skating ability to go along with it.

He needs to continue to improve his point totals every year while getting stronger and faster every year to be considering and legitimate prospect in my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad