Prospect Info: Prospect Talk PART XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
I'm surprised so many people are down on reinharts game this early in his career. As to say he couldn't develop into a bit more aggressive player or that he even needs that side to become a special player.

Not for nothing Reinhart was high regarded in his draft year without bring noted for a physical streak. Yet, the kid was said to have incredible hockey IQ while possessing a little bit of every defender in the classes top attribute.

This was not like the islanders reached and missed out on a top tier guy. Reinhart was not only looked at as a top five pick but was often most linked to the islanders.

If you look at the comments nobody is saying he "can't" or "won't". They mostly are saying he needs to. That's typical with prospects as there are things that every prospect needs to do. Assessing the needs of a prospect are not akin to being down about them.

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
December 12
Niagara 5, Oshawa 3-JHS, 3 assists, + 2. MDC is at Canada's World Junior Camp.
London 6, Plymouth 4-VCR, 3 assists, + 1.
Ferris State 5, Lake Superior State 2-Schempp, even.

Last edited:

rikker

Jun 6, 2003
Visit site
December 12
Niagara 5, Oshawa 3-JHS, 3 assists, + 2. MDC is at Canada's World Junior Camp.
London 6, Plymouth 4-VCR, 3 assists, + 1.
Ferris State 5, Lake Superior State 2-Schempp, even.

i would like to see JHS playing for the Canadian team, but this may work out as well.

with Perlini back, and other teams weaker (their top players are gone for a month), Niagara has a good chance to climb into playoff contention. if JHS can get some PO experience and show his stuff there, it will reflect on him in a very positive way. playoff performance is a big indicator, IMO.

in the last two weeks, Niagara has beaten Oshawa (top dog in the entire OHL) twice.

c'mon boys, you can do it!

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
i would like to see JHS playing for the Canadian team, but this may work out as well.

with Perlini back, and other teams weaker (their top players are gone for a month), Niagara has a good chance to climb into playoff contention. if JHS can get some PO experience and show his stuff there, it will reflect on him in a very positive way. playoff performance is a big indicator, IMO.

in the last two weeks, Niagara has beaten Oshawa (top dog in the entire OHL) twice.

c'mon boys, you can do it!

Ice Dogs have also beaten Erie twice. Clearly the last two games have been JHS best since the trade so hope that he's finally settling in with his new team and as you said with Perlini back can get to the play-offs. Believe that the trade to Niagara was good for JHS, coach Marty Williamson is known for developing players.

scott99

May 13, 2005
Ice Dogs have also beaten Erie twice. Clearly the last two games have been JHS best since the trade so hope that he's finally settling in with his new team and as you said with Perlini back can get to the play-offs. Believe that the trade to Niagara was good for JHS, coach Marty Williamson is known for developing players.

Yeah I've heard good things about Williamson, JHS is in good hands.

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
December 13
Regina 5, Saskatoon 4-Burroughs, even.
Saginaw 7, Niagara 1-JHS, even.
Guelph 3, Plymouth 2 (OT)-VCR, 1 assist, - 2.
Ferris State 5, Lake Superior State 0-Schempp, 1 assist, + 1.
BU 5, RPI 1-Somerby, even.

Last edited:

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Just FYI... from the WJC Canada Thread.

Canada won 10-3 tonight with these reports

Corey Pronman retweeted
Ryan Kennedy ‏@THNRyanKennedy 8m8 minutes ago
Dal Colle (NYI) and Gauthier (Tor) were the standouts in period 2 for me

According to Ryan Kennedy:
Dal Colle and Gauthier were the standouts in period 2 for Canada.
And Joe Hicketts has been awesome tonight

I think Dal Colle scored the 5th goal. He's pretty much a lock to make the team. I love how the Isles always seem to have a strong presence in the WJC. Strome and Reinhart were mainstays for Team Canada... Dal Colle will likely be a big presence this year and likely next year.

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
Just FYI... from the WJC Canada Thread.

Canada won 10-3 tonight with these reports

I think Dal Colle scored the 5th goal. He's pretty much a lock to make the team. I love how the Isles always seem to have a strong presence in the WJC. Strome and Reinhart were mainstays for Team Canada... Dal Colle will likely be a big presence this year and likely next year.

McDavid should be back for the WJC, wonder if they put MDC on his line.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
McDavid should be back for the WJC, wonder if they put MDC on his line.

Dal Colle seems like he can play with anyone, that's what elite level hockey IQ can do for a player. Whoever he plays with, he'll be a factor. It would be nice to be paired with McDavid though, it would mean he would get gobs of ice time and likely PP1 time... all ingredients for a big tourney. If he can have a strong tourney then that could lead to possibly wearing the C next year - if the Isles send him back to Oshawa for another year.

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
Dal Colle seems like he can play with anyone, that's what elite level hockey IQ can do for a player. Whoever he plays with, he'll be a factor. It would be nice to be paired with McDavid though, it would mean he would get gobs of ice time and likely PP1 time... all ingredients for a big tourney. If he can have a strong tourney then that could lead to possibly wearing the C next year - if the Isles send him back to Oshawa for another year.

Very true he can play with just about anyone, his center at Oshawa Cole Cassels was suspended for ten games. MDC then had another center Josh Sterk put on his line and it didn't matter, he kept scoring.

Last edited:

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Very true he can play with just about anyone, his center at Oshawa Cole Cassels was suspended for ten games. MDC then had another center Josh Sterk put on his line and he didn't matter, he kept scoring.

That's what I love about Dal Colle, he's an offensive catalyst... a player who stirs the drink for his line. I think he could return to center next year for Oshawa, but he projects to be a top line LW for us which is our biggest need. He can slot on the LW with Tavares, Strome, Nielsen, Nelson, etc. and be a big time factor. We got a steal at #5 for him.

My money is on him to be the most complete offensive player from his draft class. I think he'll be in the best situation being surrounded by such talented centermen who can bring out the best in him.

InformTheMasses

Jun 13, 2010
www.youtube.com
Very true he can play with just about anyone, his center at Oshawa Cole Cassels was suspended for ten games. MDC then had another center Josh Sterk put on his line and it didn't matter, he kept scoring.

Actually, the only time Dal Color has played with Cassels is on the power play.

Linberg-Cassels-Smith

Has been their #1 line since the first game of the season.

Cirelli has been centering Sterk and MDC all year on Oshawa's line #1a

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011

I may or may not have said this before, but Ho-Sang seems like a player that is better off surrounded by high end skill or he just tries to become a one man army.

Axel

Mar 19, 2013

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 13m13 minutes ago
If no Horvat/Lazar, cut 2 from this group of 8: Dal Colle, Ritchie, Crouse, Gauthier, Paul, Dickinson, Chartier, Point. CAN-RUS Fri nite.

Looks like Dal Colle is not a lock for the team according to McKenzie.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
I may or may not have said this before, but Ho-Sang seems like a player that is better off surrounded by high end skill or he just tries to become a one man army.

Ho-Sang should be able to excel with his speed and stickhandling to be a very effective player going through the neutral zone and offensive zone entries. He can really push the pace, he can focus on that for his line and back the d-men off with his speed. Once in the offensive zone, give him linemates that strong puck possession players. He could be a nice match for any of our centers if you think about it. Could be a very nice match with Dal Colle in the future too.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 13m13 minutes ago
If no Horvat/Lazar, cut 2 from this group of 8: Dal Colle, Ritchie, Crouse, Gauthier, Paul, Dickinson, Chartier, Point. CAN-RUS Fri nite.

Looks like Dal Colle is not a lock for the team according to McKenzie.

Dal Colle is a lock, I'd be monumentally surprised if he didn't make the team. I think Ritchie is a candidate to be cut because he has a propensity to do some stupid stuff and go to the sin bin. Undisciplined and reckless play could be his downfall. Not sure about the rest, Gauthier seems like he might have a spot as a 4th line C who is strong in the faceoff circle... terrible skater though.

scott99

May 13, 2005
Dal Colle is a lock, I'd be monumentally surprised if he didn't make the team. I think Ritchie is a candidate to be cut because he has a propensity to do some stupid stuff and go to the sin bin. Undisciplined and reckless play could be his downfall. Not sure about the rest, Gauthier seems like he might have a spot as a 4th line C who is strong in the faceoff circle... terrible skater though.

I think the exhibition game vs Russia will tell a lot (for both Dal Colle and Sorokin). I believe Ritchie scored 2 goals or had 2 assists in Canada's exhibition game today. So they may like his snarl, physicality and great shot. I'd be shocked if Dal Colle doesn't make the team though.

Dutch Frost

Battle Level
Mar 12, 2010
Queens, NY

I thought he qualified for the AHL next year? I remember when he drafted someone was quoted as this will be his final year with the minors as he is ready for the pros in 2015-2016.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
I thought he qualified for the AHL next year? I remember when he drafted someone was quoted as this will be his final year with the minors as he is ready for the pros in 2015-2016.

Dal Colle only has 2 OHL seasons under his belt and is one of the youngest players in his draft class... kind of like Strome when we drafted him. He is eligible for 2 more OHL seasons before he can qualify for AHL play. Pulock had 3 WHL seasons when we drafted him and was one of the oldest in his class so he could play in the OHL after only one more season in the WHL after being drafted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad