Prospect Info: Prospect Talk PART IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

scott99

May 13, 2005
Hmmm. Now is as good as any to have my first disagreement with D-Rex :)

Reinhart got caught on a long shift BUT he lost the battle on the wall and then when he was trying to recover and man the slot a pass got through him to Fioretti in the slot for a one timer. You can blame both Lazar AND Reinhart. long shift, i'll give him a half of a pass, but not a good shift. OH WELL, he more than made up for it.

I hate Lazar, he sucks ! Lol, he was one of my favorites from last year's draft. I believe he has 14 goals in 18 games, he's gonna be a good one. Also a big fan of Samuelsson's, gonna be a good power forward.

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
Hmmm. Now is as good as any to have my first disagreement with D-Rex :)

Reinhart got caught on a long shift BUT he lost the battle on the wall and then when he was trying to recover and man the slot a pass got through him to Fioretti in the slot for a one timer. You can blame both Lazar AND Reinhart. long shift, i'll give him a half of a pass, but not a good shift. OH WELL, he more than made up for it.

Fair enough, from listening to radio broadcast the announcer made it sound like it was more on Lazar,
so to be equal they both get a minus one half in a newly invented stat, +/- computed in fractions. :handclap:

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
Thanks Rex, I think I'll watch that one. Stephon Williams gives up 5 goals to Camarrata and loses 7-2.

Tonight's Minnesota State-Minnesota game may not be on tonight, it was listed on USCHO.com but checking the three Fox College channels it was not listed. One game that was listed is Maine-BU if you want to check out Somerby.

Merrimack, Notre Dame game is on NBC Sports Network at 7:30.

Last edited:

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
Computed in fractions? I thought you were a science teacher? :sarcasm:

Here is some Reinhart stuff from tonights game.

Looks like the usual Reinhart game, just happen to get a few points, assists were not anything remarkable. Couple of hard shots on netl, nice pass to Moroz for a breakaway, defensive plays, ect.

Last edited:

StumpNYI

Sep 10, 2010
It's amazing how much the Pulock pick made me calm down about Reinhart. Where they were picked has a lot to do with it. But that raises a question.

Who would you rather have Pulock and Reinhart, or Reilly and Zadorov?

What we could of had vs what we ended up with.

Upside seems to be much higher with the latter, but may not have the potential to play on the same pairing or be as effective together. The opposite with the Pulock and Reinhart. Not as high upside individually, but could potentially be a great pairing making them that much better. Really a test of picking based on need vs upside. Did we do okay? I think so.

Last edited:

YashinWorksHard

Jun 14, 2012
Koskinen allowed one goal on 32 shots. In front of him he was Ivan Lusitan, who was until today the goalie with best % in saves. Now Koskinen leads the KHL with a 95,2 %

scott99

May 13, 2005
Also from the KHL today. Mark Katic Assist on Johnathan Cheechoo one timer PPG:

Katic is small, but his calling card has always been his skating. That was a thing of beauty how he laterally skated along the blue line and a nice pass. We could certainly use that on our PP.

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
November 15
Rimouski 3, Cape Breton 0-Leduc, - 1.
Erie 3, Sault Ste. Marie 0-Pelech, even.
Plymouth 2, Mississauga 1 (SO)-VCR, even, no goal in shoot out.
Brandon 6, Saskatoon 2-Pulock, 1 goal, 2 assists, even.
Note-Burroughs, scratched for Regina.

Maine 7, BU 0-Somerby, - 2.
UMass-Lowell 3, Penn State 2-McAdam, 41 saves, 44 shots.
Notre Dame 4, Merrimack 0-Russo, + 2.
Minnesota 4, Minnesota State 1-Cammarata, + 2, Bischoff, even.

Last edited:

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
Katic is small, but his calling card has always been his skating. That was a thing of beauty how he laterally skated along the blue line and a nice pass. We could certainly use that on our PP.

The Croatian team Katic plays for are probably better then the islanders.

InformTheMasses

Jun 13, 2010
www.youtube.com
Pulock was only 3 points behind the team lead in points I believe, and he had played 4 less games.

Pulock is 1 point behind the team lead now (4 less games played)

His 2 'assists' tonight were using the goalies pads as a backboard for rebound goals. All points by Pulock tonight were produced by the slap shot. Saskatoon has been late covering and Pulock is murdering.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland

His 2 'assists' tonight were using the goalies pads as a backboard for rebound goals. All points by Pulock tonight were produced by the slap shot. Saskatoon has been late covering and Pulock is murdering.

The fact he his Slap shot is hard is great but the fact that its accurate is even better...This causes lots of rebound chances in front of the net...With guys like Tavares,Vanek,Neilsen, and Nelson around the net that's great...

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006

I'd be late covering too with a shot that heavy.

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008
The fact he his Slap shot is hard is great but the fact that its accurate is even better...This causes lots of rebound chances in front of the net...With guys like Tavares,Vanek,Neilsen, and Nelson around the net that's great...

Al MacInnis, in the body of Scott Stevens.

Wishful thinking?

Great to see a prospect with this skill set - there aren't many in the NHL. Hopefully he can play defense.

Shots like that don't happen much in the NHL, players are big, block shots and rarely give dmen time to wind up like that. But still, would be sweet having this guy on the point instead of MacDonald.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
Yes, we could have had Zadarov, but Pulock wasn't considered a "leap" either. I think Zadarov would have looked great on our Blueline, but we already have Mayfield, Pedan and a few other big defencemen with average hockey IQ or less. Reinhart is a big D with a HIGH IQ (you can't teach intelligence), blue blood NHL pedigree and a hard worker. This kid will be better than D Hamilton. Hamilton is smart..but book smart...I think his hockey IQ is still high, but I think Reinhart's is higher. as for Pulock over Zadarov...well.I think Pulock has more to offer and sure, we could have used him, but Pulock is no slouch and is NHL ready. If this was any other team both Pulock and Reinhart would be playing. I just think that we got so paranoid on how we screwed up a couple players development, that we keep people down in the minors for a few years longer. Strome would have already been playing too, if this was another team.

scott99

May 13, 2005
Yes, we could have had Zadarov, but Pulock wasn't considered a "leap" either. I think Zadarov would have looked great on our Blueline, but we already have Mayfield, Pedan and a few other big defencemen with average hockey IQ or less. Reinhart is a big D with a HIGH IQ (you can't teach intelligence), blue blood NHL pedigree and a hard worker. This kid will be better than D Hamilton. Hamilton is smart..but book smart...I think his hockey IQ is still high, but I think Reinhart's is higher. as for Pulock over Zadarov...well.I think Pulock has more to offer and sure, we could have used him, but Pulock is no slouch and is NHL ready. If this was any other team both Pulock and Reinhart would be playing. I just think that we got so paranoid on how we screwed up a couple players development, that we keep people down in the minors for a few years longer. Strome would have already been playing too, if this was another team.

This team is so paranoid, if we were lucky enough to have drafted Galchenyuk, he'd still be in juniors.

InformTheMasses

Jun 13, 2010
www.youtube.com
Shots like that don't happen much in the NHL, players are big, block shots and rarely give dmen time to wind up like that. But still, would be sweet having this guy on the point instead of MacDonald.

You're right, he'll get the shot off less in the NHL. BUT he stretches the defense and will cause far more movement from the opposing penalty kill, opening up tons of lanes for the forwards. In fact he is already doing that in juniors. These WHL teams respect that shot a ton and basically force him to give up the puck and make Nejezchleb, Hawryluk, Quenneville to beat them down low (and they do, often). He makes that powerplay unit go, even if he isn't getting that shot off.

Would be a welcomed addition to an already successful powerplay that features point shots from Frans Nielsen and Andrew macDonald... don't you think?

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
Listening to the broadcast last night, you could hear that loud boom when Pulock's shots hit the goalies pads. Looking at some past clips here his wrist shot is really good too, if he wants to shoot or just get the puck to the net he can do it in less time for the big windup, another option.

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008
You're right, he'll get the shot off less in the NHL. BUT he stretches the defense and will cause far more movement from the opposing penalty kill, opening up tons of lanes for the forwards. In fact he is already doing that in juniors. These WHL teams respect that shot a ton and basically force him to give up the puck and make Nejezchleb, Hawryluk, Quenneville to beat them down low (and they do, often). He makes that powerplay unit go, even if he isn't getting that shot off.

Would be a welcomed addition to an already successful powerplay that features point shots from Frans Nielsen and Andrew macDonald... don't you think?

I don't think the Islanders have ever had a big shot from the point on the team. Ever. Potvin was maybe the 2nd best dman since Orr (that I've seen anyway) but didn't have a big slap shot. His wrister from the point was unparalleled though. Aucoin used to be a big righty shooter but not as an Islander. Streit was pretty good his first two years on the team. They are rare.

PK Subban plays this role extremely well today. Shea Weber used to be more offensive but that team has no forwards at all - doesn't help him.

If Pulock can continue to develop and if his defense is acceptable, his offensive game will be extremely valuable to this team and a great complement to a Reinhart type, filling two enormous holes on this team!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad