Prospect Info: Prospect Camp: Las Vegas Rookie Faceoff

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Sounds like there's only one person freaking out about the Avs' less-than-stellar showing in this tournament, so that's good.

I'm pretty sure IIRC the Avs dominated in the rookie tournament in SJ in 2016 and went undefeated in the subsequent postseason. We all know what happened after that. It's just a rookie tournament, no biggie. Sounds like Brandon Saigeon is turning heads which is wonderful news.

BleedWell

Jan 6, 2018
Sounds like there's only one person freaking out about the Avs' less-than-stellar showing in this tournament, so that's good.

I'm pretty sure IIRC the Avs dominated in the rookie tournament in SJ in 2016 and went undefeated in the subsequent postseason. We all know what happened after that. It's just a rookie tournament, no biggie. Sounds like Brandon Saigeon is turning heads which is wonderful news.
I don't care if the rookie team wins or looses. The point is that there are no really stand out guys this year forward wise. 2015 Rantanen, 2016 I didn't follow the pre season so can't say and last year Kerfoot, Jost etc. Now Kamenev and Kaut at least should have stood out.

About Timmins, Dater said that he got some off-the-record information about his concussion and it isn't good versus the official version.

Piestany88

Sep 29, 2017
Why do people act like Jost had a bad rookie year in the least? It isn't nearly as bad as people make it to be. I don't see how he hasn't shown 2nd line capability in his time here.
Exactly, Jost scored 11 goals in the final 20 ish or so games . Yeesh he was only 19

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I don't care if the rookie team wins or looses. The point is that there are no really stand out guys this year forward wise. 2015 Rantanen, 2016 I didn't follow the pre season so can't say and last year Kerfoot, Jost etc. Now Kamenev and Kaut at least should have stood out.

Well, this is :deadhorse but you brought it up: Development is not linear. A less-than-stellar showing at a glorified scrimmage during the most dead part of the offseason is not a reason for concern. And Kaut may not be a project like, say, Cale Makar, but he's also not gonna be NHL-ready right out of the box. You also seem to forget that Kaut is starting his pro career at 18, Kerfoot started his at 23. He's the same age as Nathan MacKinnon.

As for Kamenev, who knows, to me it's kinda odd here's there to begin with.

But hey since you brought it up, you wanna know who stood out in camp and preseason in 2016? He may not have been a rookie but he was still very young: Mikhail Grigorenko.

In short: Chill, dude.

Side note--one thing that may not be concerning, but worth noting nonetheless. Why is Greg Cronin not there? If I'm wrong and he has since showed up feel free to enlighten me, but that's kinda odd to me.

BleedWell

Jan 6, 2018
Well, this is :deadhorse but you brought it up: Development is not linear. A less-than-stellar showing at a glorified scrimmage during the most dead part of the offseason is not a reason for concern. And Kaut may not be a project like, say, Cale Makar, but he's also not gonna be NHL-ready right out of the box. You also seem to forget that Kaut is starting his pro career at 18, Kerfoot started his at 23. He's the same age as Nathan MacKinnon.

As for Kamenev, who knows, to me it's kinda odd here's there to begin with.

But hey since you brought it up, you wanna know who stood out in camp and preseason in 2016? He may not have been a rookie but he was still very young: Mikhail Grigorenko.

In short: Chill, dude.

Side note--one thing that may not be concerning, but worth noting nonetheless. Why is Greg Cronin not there? If I'm wrong and he has since showed up feel free to enlighten me, but that's kinda odd to me.
You said it well! Even Grigorenko was better than these guys we have now ;)

Last edited:

BleedWell

Jan 6, 2018
I listened to all recent episodes of the podcast carefully and you're just making crap up.
Edit: Dater speculating and drawing parallels to Hishon is not "bad unofficial news".
I'm sorry if you can't read between the lines. To me it's sounded quite clear that that off-the-record information Dater has is more bad news than good.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
sky-is-falling.jpg

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
So they're keeping Shvyryov at center where he has apparently looked better and more comfortable. Kamenev is playing wing next to him today.

Piestany88

Sep 29, 2017
If by 11... you mean 5. When you completely makeup stats it is much easier to feel comfortable about a player. ;)

Jost will be fine though.
Ok my bad 3 in his last 6 , 5 in his last 15 and 9 in last 30 . Point is he produced last 1/3 of the season .

I'm not one of the people that is down on Jost . He's going to be the #2 c

BleedWell

Jan 6, 2018
Kamenev should be eating popcorn with Kvaca. Apparently Bednar &co sees this showcase as a joke.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad