Nolan De Jong at eliteprospects.com [ECHL Contract]
Turner Ottenbreit at eliteprospects.com [ AHL Contract]
Matt Pufahl at eliteprospects.com [AHL Contract]
Sean Strange at eliteprospects.com [Invite]

PDF
http://nhl.bamcontent.com/images/assets/binary/299849230/binary-file/file.pdf

STREAM
Radio And Streaming Information Announced For 2018 Vegas Rookie Faceoff

We do not play against the Coyotes or the Kings who I somehow missed in the schedule. So it seems that this has expanded quite a bit over the years.

Last edited:
Reactions: Waingro

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
Full 60 minute games, interesting to see the roster for that given that they will want ~20 guys for it.

A list of guys I think could/should be there:
F:
O'Connor
Kamenev
Nantel
Dickinson
Beaudin
Shvyryov
Greer
Barron
Lewis
Kaut
Henry
Saigeon

D:
Timmins
Anderson
Geertsen
Meloche
Boikov?
Graves?

G:
Francouz
Martin
Cannata

Not sure if NCAA players would be allowed, as they are limited as to how much interaction they can have with pro clubs. Would add a number of guys to the list. Also left off the Euro league commits like Annunen, etc. Definitely some guys in either of those categories that I would love to play in this tourney, though.

Makar will be in it next year, owning it.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Bumping this...

Roster should be coming out in the next couple of weeks, but if we know the Avs it should be released the day of.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Here ya go, SEPH

No Werner, that seems odd.

Strange was an invite to rookie camp in the spring, but didn't get a contract. Seems they still have time for him though. It also seems like they really want more forwards for the Eagles/Grizzlies given some of the names on the forward invites.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Hopefully this means Timmins is good to go.

Also, it's nice to see Boikov is still alive.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Updated the OP.

Also, I stopped by Family Sports for five minutes the other day and saw a player with the number #25...E: just saw that it's O'Connor.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I originally didn't care that he goes back to UMASS but there are many things that he's missing and it sucks.

It's unfortunate for us fans, but I don't think it will make a difference in terms of his development.

Maybe would have helped him jump into the NHL quicker to have these games, and especially some pre-season games, but that's just a short term issue.

Reactions: McMetal

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I really don’t care what the Avs do with Makar(for the most part). Whatever they think is best for his development they should do. There’s not a huge need to rush Makar to the NHL, so do what we have to do to get the most out of him.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL

If it is true and he has a high-ankle sprain then no doubt he's going to miss training-camp and even more if it's a higher degree. Lets hope that it's just a knock and they're holding him out due to caution. Sort of weird and confusing how he could sustain one in a random "trying to get back into body-shape" practice, but hey this stuff happens I guess.

E: Would make much more sense if he was trying to practice and got lingering symptoms of a concussions and they're using this as a cover because he got a little knock on his ankle. It would be devious by the organization, but something that wouldn't be untrue either. I mean, it was sort of strange that during last playoffs with Bernier and all the concussions he got during the entire season...he randomly had a lower-body issue in the playoffs after getting hit in the head.

Last edited:

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Anderson's skating has always been fine, it's his hands that will keep him in the minors.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->