Prospect Info: Prospect Camp: Anaheim Rookie Faceoff

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Miner with his best save of the game in a blowout. At least he's got some fight in him.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Maybe we have to slow down on the «Byram will make the team» claims.

He played fine today. I think he was focusing more on defense to show the coaching staff he can hold his own there. Just wasn't as dynamic in the second of a back to back surrounded by a pretty poor team, and a worse D partner.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
He played fine today. I think he was focusing more on defense to show the coaching staff he can hold his own there. Just wasn't as dynamic in the second of a back to back surrounded by a pretty poor team, and a worse D partner.
He played fine for sure. But fine doesn't make it a slam dunk that he's going to make the team. That's what I'm saying.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
He lit up tier 37 hockey in Russia or something so the Russian lovers on here thought he was the next Fedorov.
All the talk around here about his (under) use in the AHL made me anticipate that there was a lot more talent. This rookie faceoff is below the AHL in terms of level of play and he does not even stand out. He's still a bottom-6 AHLer at this point.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Gen
All the talk around here about his (under) use in the AHL made me anticipate that there was a lot more talent. This rookie faceoff is below the AHL in terms of level of play and he does not even stand out. He's still a bottom-6 AHLer at this point.
generally when players are “under used” in multiple leagues or teams it really just means they haven’t been good enough to earn the type of “use” fans of said player want to see.

Foxtail

Mar 31, 2018
Nova Scotia
Intermission talk:

So I recently bought a Chromecast for hockey reasons and man, it works well. Trying it for the first time today...broadcasting my laptop stream full screen on my TV. Highly recommended.
Yep had mine about 3 years now it's great. I cast off my phone. Recently switched up to VMedia from Quebec. Eastlink prices were rising with no warning so I switched on a back to school deal that runs until tbe 20th. Not sure your internet prices but perhaps check out the deals. free tv for 6 months also.

Edit: just rechecked the deals in Quebec are a bit better than for me here in NS but says the deals end on the 10th :dunno:

Edit #2: Also forgot to mention, you may already know, CBC app, CBC sports app, CTV go app and Global all support chromecast so you can watch those free. Netflix supports as well but you have to pay for it.

Last edited:

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
generally when players are “under used” in multiple leagues or teams it really just means they haven’t been good enough to earn the type of “use” fans of said player want to see.

This is very true.

With Shvy, there are flashes that you see the creativity, tenacity, and skill combo... they are just way too infrequent. Smaller ice, role, ability all play some factors, but he's basically got this season to earn a role and show something... otherwise he should be back to Russia and completely forgotten about. Poor production in one season in the AHL is enough of a red flag normally... two in a row and you're basically at give up territory for forwards. It sounds bad, but it isn't all that common when a forward disappoints two years in a row at that level that they break out and become an impact player. Sure they might round out into a 4th line guy or a fringe 3rd liner, but a Russian kid isn't normally going to stick around for that sort of role. Making the NHL is incredibly difficult and many of the prospects out there are simply going to fail.

I like Shvy, but he's certainly behind the eight ball now, and he's going to have to produce and carve out a role this year. I thought he was just okay this weekend so far, not a standout, not a negative... just a guy. To me, Byram has been the only big standout for the Avs and that is expected. He's showing why he was a top pick. I'd also say Bowers' has shown why he has upside with is skating and smarts, but he's fought the puck as SEPH keeps pointing out. ;) Kaut looks like he will take a step forward this year, but I'm not seeing a ton of skill still. In the end this is a rookie tournament, hard to take much from it.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00