Done

Last edited:

Pokecheque

Whack it Hard to Girard
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Middle West
www.armoredheadspace.com
Thank god Byram doesn’t play in the NCAA I’m so tired of our top prospects missing the camps. It’s a 100% selfish opinion but I don’t care.

It's not selfish to point out the fact that the NCAA is clinging to the lie of shamateurism like a dead bug on a speeding windshield. Once they finally just f***ing admit they run minor leagues populated by professional athletes and quit keeping all the money to themselves, you might actually see them relax some of these stupid, draconian rules.

Pokecheque

Whack it Hard to Girard
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Middle West
www.armoredheadspace.com
Y'know, if the Avs' game is analogous to the respective suit games of the guys on that stage I sure as hell hope the Avs are much closer to Jared Bednar than Alan Hepple. What the f*** is going on there? Did he try and sell Alex Newhook a car or something?

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Not sure what's going on, but the Anaheim Ducks are actually charging 10 bucks for tickets to these games, what the eff?

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Y'know, if the Avs' game is analogous to the respective suit games of the guys on that stage I sure as hell hope the Avs are much closer to Jared Bednar than Alan Hepple. What the **** is going on there? Did he try and sell Alex Newhook a car or something?

He must have gotten his recommendations from Ryker.

Not sure what's going on, but the Anaheim Ducks are actually charging 10 bucks for tickets to these games, what the eff?

Poor team is poor lol

Reactions: Pokecheque

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Love how Bednar is just standing there alone like he's refusing to let the inferior threads around him scuff that black suit he's rockin'.

It's actually impressive how much Bednar has upped his style game since his first year. He looked like he came straight from the farm to the Avs, and only stopped at the thrift store to pick up his suits along the way. He also buffed up a fair bit and got himself a fresh hair style too.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Been busy, but I finally noticed that Avs added an extra invite with Joe Wegwerth from Notre Dame (ex-Panthers draft pick). He missed 90% of last season with an injury, but he is a hella of invite. If there is a player who could generate a random ELC success similar to O'Connor, it's him. Skating is an issue, but he is a heavy body who plays a very responsible game at all ends of the ice. I quite like him, surprised that Panthers didn't even give him an invite or an AHL contract.

Reactions: ndmd99

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Avs Prospects Head to Anaheim Rookie Faceoff

The tournament will run from Sept. 7-10 at Great Park Ice in Irvine, California. The Avalanche opens the tournament against the Golden Knights on Saturday, Sept. 7 at 2 p.m. MT and then plays the Kings on Sunday, Sept. 8 at 2 p.m. MT. Following a practice day on Monday, the team's final game will be against Arizona on Tuesday, Sept. 10 at 12 p.m. MT. All Avs games will be streamed online for in-market fans on ColoradoAvalanche.com, with Altitude Sports Radio's Conor McGahey on the call.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Why in the world would they go through the trouble of geo-blocking a rookie tournament? The only thing I can imagine is that it might be a bandwidth issue and they don't want that many folks viewing due to technical issues?

Reactions: ljb4

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Conor McGahey is getting the call, that's outstanding. The two guys who called last years games were awful.

S3rkie

Jul 21, 2011
Denver, CO
To be honest I'm kinda bummed it's not the two guys mispronouncing the names like crazy. We've gotten some gems out of shitty pbp like Chris "Big Russ".

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego

I shelled out $10 for the Avs/Knights game. I don't mind them charging a nominal amount, hopefully it goes back into the practice facility. Realistically I don't think too many locals would have attended the games not involving LA/Anaheim even if it were free. Unfortunately I dragged my heels on reserving a ticket for the Ducks/Kings game which became sold out this week (I think capacity is about 2,000).

I'm hoping Conor Timmins plays in the Saturday game.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
I shelled out $10 for the Avs/Knights game. I don't mind them charging a nominal amount, hopefully it goes back into the practice facility. Realistically I don't think too many locals would have attended the games not involving LA/Anaheim even if it were free. Unfortunately I dragged my heels on reserving a ticket for the Ducks/Kings game which became sold out this week (I think capacity is about 2,000).

I'm hoping Conor Timmins plays in the Saturday game.

The money is probably going to the facilities. The ice rink in Irvine is new and hella nice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->