Prospect Info: Prospect and Marlies Thread: 2017 - 2018 (continued) Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Johnsson, Grundstrom, Aaltonen, and Korshkov are middle-6 NHL guarantees IMO, obviously barring serious injury. I have no idea how we're going to fit them all in if even Leivo can't get a shot.

And that doesn't even touch on guys like Bracco, Timashov, and Rychel.

Reactions: highslot

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
Johnsson, Grundstrom, Aaltonen, and Korshkov are middle-6 NHL guarantees IMO, obviously barring serious injury. I have no idea how we're going to fit them all in if even Leivo can't get a shot.

And that doesn't even touch on guys like Bracco, Timashov, and Rychel.
JVR, Bozak, Moore, and Komarov = 4 spots available for next fall. Aaltonen is more of a 4C at the next level and his only competition is Gauthier.

Johnsson will absolutely fill one of those holes as he's the most NHL ready today and should be on the roster. Korshkov has stated he's coming over to NA in 2018-19, so he and Grundstrom will almost certainly play 1 season with the Marlies before getting a look. That gives Leivo time to prove himself.

Watching Grundstrom in the playoffs with the Marlies last season proved just how well his style is going to translate to the North American game. 3 goals in 6 games, most of which game from in tight around the crease. Future looks bright.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Its funny because the rest of the league thinks that this is the best the leafs will be depth wise up front for awhile.... they don't understand how many crazy good winger prospects we have.....

It's true. With guys like Grundstrom and Johnsson still coming and the potential of even a Bracco or a Korshkov turning out as well. We are so rich at wing right now.

Grundstrom is a stud.

I really hope we don't trade him.

I'd be very upset if they did this. I think by next season (maybe not to start the season), he'll be able to seamlessly slide into the Leafs top 9.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
I think Grundstrom makes the team next year. Babcock was already saying he looked like an NHLer last year and he's basically Hyman with better goal scoring.
I agree. He looked really good. A 3rd like of Grundy Nylander ?? would be a hand full
Maybe Johnsson fills the ??
Hyman Matthews Kapanen
Marleau Kadri Marner
Grundstrom Nylander Johnsson (sheltered but still responsible)
:wg:

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017
Aaltonen and Johnsson show no sign of slowing down. Marlies up 4-2 in the 3rd. Aaltonen (1g 1a), Johnsson with an apple on the goal.

I wonder what's up with Alexander Nylander. He was touted as being better than Willy, but doesn't seem to be progressing at all on the Amerks.

Last edited:

htpwn

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
"Leafs prospect suffers serious injury in AHL game" is a headline we've seen far too much over the past couple of years.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
"Leafs prospect suffers serious injury in AHL game" is a headline we've seen far too much over the past couple of years.

Well as long as the AHL lets cheap crap go like that, then it'll continue to happen. The Marlies are not a huge team.

Reactions: htpwn

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013

(talking about johnsson)

dope, didnt know he was on the pk.

He went through the Kapanen treatment, but he's not as good defensively. He PK's in the AHL, although I do not think it will translate extremely well to the NHL. Never know.

He will be a good offensive winger who is capable defensively.

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
To help out the Leafs center depth for next year, they may be looking at Dominik Kahun. Similar in nature to Aaltonen. Skilled offensively, two-way center (although a lot better than Aaltonen), he's only 22 right now (turning 23 this year) and has the flexibility to move to the wing if things don't turn out. PPG in the DEL as well, plus a strong OG to boot.

He'll probably garner a ton of interest, but I think the Leafs would have a good shot at him. If the Leafs trade or use Gauthier, the Marlies could have him, Brooks, Mueller and Aaltonen down the middle for next year. All of the centers would be sub 6'0", but that's a lot of two-way skill for down the middle.

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
I wasn't 100% convinced Gusev is the best player outside of NA but I think I might be now....he's been dangerous consistently in these olympics

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
He went through the Kapanen treatment, but he's not as good defensively. He PK's in the AHL, although I do not think it will translate extremely well to the NHL. Never know.

He will be a good offensive winger who is capable defensively.
I disagree, I think Johnsson has been a better two-way player than Kapanen.

Reactions: saltming

highslot

Jul 10, 2012
the 2017 sucked, but we have

liljegren, johnnson, bracco, ras,grundstrom, korshov, who should make the nhl.

rosen, dzierkals, greenway, joshua, timashov, gordeev, nielsen could as well.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
I think Grundstrom makes the team next year. Babcock was already saying he looked like an NHLer last year and he's basically Hyman with better goal scoring.
I see little chance of that, not because he couldn’t but the Leafs don’t roll that way. He starts in the A.

Reactions: Bullseye
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad