Prospect Info: Prospect and Marlies Thread: 2017 - 2018 (continued) Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Bracco has always been a set-up man. A rather elite one at that at every level so far. He's one of those cerebral driven kids, who just gets things done, so it wouldn't shock me, to see him eventually have success in the NHL as well. Take a look at the USNTDP records.... Bracco was there from 2013-15 and was one of the most successful kids in the program ever. He logged 168 points, for the fourth most points in history, but 122 of those were assists, the most ever. He'd have a heydey setting up JvR for example....

I'd rather Bracco develop nicely and then be a set up man for Matthews or Willy. JVR's shooting is mostly inspired from Phaneuf school of shooting

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
hes projecting to be a smaller softer faster version of leivo right now. We don’t have room on our team for sheltered usage offence guys.
I don't see the Leivo comparison at all:
- Leivo's biggest knock is skating & Bracco's a very good skater
- Leivo's big & Bracco's small
- Leivo is a terrific possession player who thrives in dirty areas & Bracco is more of a perimeter player that gets inside with drag moves or passes
- Leivo's best usage is offensive zone, but doesn't need sheltering (can play against good players and is good at hemming the puck in the forward zone, isn't quite as good when it's in all 3 zones because he's not fast), Bracco had some serious defensive question marks as to whether he'd make it in pro hockey at all but seems to be at least getting by
- Leivo is sort of shoot first with a great release, Bracco is more of a passer who scores from below the dots when he toe drags inside

Marner is a much better stylistic comparison for Bracco - both are undersized pass-first wingers with terrific edges, good vision/hands/creativity

and I will disagree that we don't have room to be able to shelter guys that need it, JVR & Bozak get that usage today. That's one of the benefits of having great depth, you can let guys play to their strengths

bonjovi0308

Jan 26, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
Bracco is Marner's poor man version. If Marner is a franchise player type, then Bracco could possibly be an all star, or a very good player (even maybe one dimensional) in this league.

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
Bracco is Marner's poor man version. If Marner is a franchise player type, then Bracco could possibly be an all star, or a very good player (even maybe one dimensional) in this league.
Except Marner is not a franchise player. Marner is a very good player.
By that measure, Bracco could be a serviceable player.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Somehow I don't see Bracco as being a "serviceable" NHLer. To me he's either going to be above average or not in the league. Guys with his puck skills and skating ability are rare. But does his size/strength stop him being an NHLer?
He was always was" boom or bust" NHLer. Guess we find out in a few years.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Somehow I don't see Bracco as being a "serviceable" NHLer. To me he's either going to be above average or not in the league. Guys with his puck skills and skating ability are rare. But does his size/strength stop him being an NHLer?
He's actually not that small. He is shorter than Marner but heavier. At 190lbs Bracco has the weight and time to put more weight on.

Reactions: Menzinger

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
I agree with some on this thread, from what I have seen of Bracco he is very comparable to Marner. Same game.

But keep in mind, Bracco is a little more stronger then Marner right now on his skates from what I have seen. And Bracco's build although bigger then Marner still possesses the nice edges and speed in his skating ability that Marner does.

I truly believe Bracco can be a great creative winger for someone like Kadri in the near future as Marner is right now. This will give us the ability to put Marner either with a new center to work his creativity. Or if Nylander is moved to center we can put Marner on Matthews wing. Because Nylander and Marner wont work from what I have seen,

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
Wouldn't you think now would be a good time to pluck the KHL?

You would have to imagine.

I wonder if there are some players who are generally concerned for their life to leave the league or say negatives about the league after they leave (im thinking specifically Putin's team).

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Keefe specifically described Bracco's playmaking ability as "elite". After Marner and Nylander, who do we have with "elite" playmaking ability?
Matthews
Bracco is our 2nd most skilled prospect after Liljegren though, and we need guys who project to be real difference makers with their skill

FreeBird

Dec 18, 2005
Matthews
Bracco is our 2nd most skilled prospect after Liljegren though, and we need guys who project to be real difference makers with their skill

He's a Phil Kessel clone in almost every category, except production now and in the future. Their places in the Draft point out their future.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN

I think becoming a depths scoring winger is well within his reach.

He’s got a natural skillset to potential be more than that, but will need to focus on his development to reach there.

He’s really not that small. Average-ish size.

Last edited by a moderator:

dangomon

Nov 4, 2017
Kingston, ON
Nikita Korostelev having his best season in the O. Put up 3G 2A in his last game with the Petes. Am I correct in remembering that he remains unsigned and will be a FA this summer?

Reactions: Dude Wheres Makar

Lil Tuzzi Bert

Slaw Bunnies
Jul 14, 2009
TVA
Nikita Korostelev having his best season in the O. Put up 3G 2A in his last game with the Petes. Am I correct in remembering that he remains unsigned and will be a FA this summer?
He's already a Free agent. We lost his rights last summer. I would take a look at him at the next level for sure.

dangomon

Nov 4, 2017
Kingston, ON
He's already a Free agent. We lost his rights last summer. I would take a look at him at the next level for sure.
Right, what I'm remembering is that he attended the summer camp with the Leafs despite not signing. I hope there is a way we can give him a shot, I imagine there is a team out there willing to give him a minor league deal, no? The guy clearly has loads of skill.

Reactions: Dude Wheres Makar

Lil Tuzzi Bert

Slaw Bunnies
Jul 14, 2009
TVA
Right, what I'm remembering is that he attended the summer camp with the Leafs despite not signing. I hope there is a way we can give him a shot, I imagine there is a team out there willing to give him a minor league deal, no? The guy clearly has loads of skill.
I feel like the Leafs have at least some interest in him because of what you said. Him being in summer camps both with the Leafs and Marlies.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
For Korostelev, it depends on whether he's willing to come here to fight for his job on the Marlies, on an AHL deal, or will prefer to go somewhere with more certainty, like the KHL or another team. I doubt he gets an ELC from anyone, but he could get a guaranteed AHL job.

Marlies can not offer that unless they are going really young or move some guys like Timashov or Moore in deals this offseason.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron

Players that have played 5 years in junior and overaged in their last season, aren't really considered NHL prospects. Good luck to him though, he's really stuck to it in junior career when he must know his NHL chances are very low.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad