News Article: Project NU2

jimmythescot

Jul 28, 2009
Edinburgh, Scotland

Not only is it pump up/comedy, but it's short enough that you could easily play the whole thing before they'd done a lap or two. Well, maybe.

You'd have to have a gigantic disembodied head of Wayne Static spinning around on the ice surface singing along. I was joking to begin with, but this now looks incredible in my mind's eye.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Voted for Welcome to the Jungle. The least offensive of all of those relatively horrid choices - Japandroids wasn't as awful as the rest, but still not very good, IMO.

They should just leave the U2 Intro alone if these are the alternatives...

Stonz

Oct 10, 2006
Burnaby, BC
Out of that list of poor choices, I'd have to go with Volbeat.

I like to support anything local, but that Japanroids tune is terrible for an entrance track.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON

They are leaving it alone, they're just adding some other songs. I don't know why everyone thinks they're getting rid of U2.

Again, U2’s Where the Streets Have No Name will no longer be the only song played when the Canucks skate onto the ice; it will still be used, in rotation, with a handful of other songs, none of which the Canucks are locked into.

Crows*

DJ dave is a ****ing joke. These songs are all garbage for the situation. The japandroids song is horrible for an opening.

good god im pissed.

Keep U2

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Voted for Welcome to the Jungle. The least offensive of all of those relatively horrid choices - Japandroids wasn't as awful as the rest, but still not very good, IMO.

You know, it's kind of frightening when something as overplayed and cliche as Welcome to the Jungle is the best alternative they're suggesting. I really wish DJ Dave was a decade older.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
You know, it's kind of frightening when something as overplayed and cliche as Welcome to the Jungle is the best alternative they're suggesting. I really wish DJ Dave was a decade older.

Yup. Not a big fan of Welcome to the Jungle at all, but it was - to turn a phrase - the cream of the crap on that list.

And I'm aware U2 is "staying in the rotation"...I would just rather there be no rotation with these choices.

Nov 1, 2011
Mumford and Sons - I Will Wait

...or you know - Eye of the Tiger by Survivor...just embrace it.

Yossarian54

Oct 12, 2011
Perth, WA
**** Japandroids are awesome. I still have a massive egg on my head from their mosh pit 5 days ago. Fairly certain I sustained a concussion.

Go the home-grown stuff.

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
I want to see them come out to Macklemore's Thrift Shop.

If nothing else it would be a great song to play whenever the fourth line scores.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Yup. Not a big fan of Welcome to the Jungle at all, but it was - to turn a phrase - the cream of the crap on that list.

And I'm aware U2 is "staying in the rotation"...I would just rather there be no rotation with these choices.

I wouldn't mind if they had 1A and 1B with U2 for the playoffs and something else for the regular season.

Jack Tripper

Vey Falls Down
Dec 15, 2009
Perth, WA
**** Japandroids are awesome. I still have a massive egg on my head from their mosh pit 5 days ago. Fairly certain I sustained a concussion.

Go the home-grown stuff.

you probably ran into my head at laneway then...awesome show from an awesome band

as previously mentioned, it is unfortunate but nickelback's "burn it to the ground" will likely win this which will spawn a wave of supposedly clever blog posts noting the irony of the pick

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad