News Article: Project NU2

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
They tweeted about it, I believe. That's the only way to know.

All it says is that Nickelback and GnR are neck and neck. Sure hope GnR wins even I don't want it to win this, but if its the only one closest...

Scottrockztheworld*

@VanCanucks
Project NU2 update: @Nickelback and @gunsnroses are neck and neck in Canucks intro song voting.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
When DJ Dave says he will, "Listen to the fans" he really means look at the CDC.

NONE of our requests have even been considered.

I don't know who is responsible for those 6 choices so I'm just going to go ahead and blame DJ Dave and co. They have made this project nu2 thing to make it seem like the fans are involved, but it really seems like a big sham to me. They say they've went through 2000+ choices that were thrown out there, but who narrowed it down to the 6 songs? It's quite clear to me that there are good songs out there, but that it's the small group of people narrowing it down to those 6 songs that is the real problem. I'm sure DJ Dave/nucks staff had a big part in this. I dont ever remember a poll for those top 2000 songs (would be a bit ridiculous, but 6 only choices?). They are pretending to cater to the fans, but in reality, they don't give a damn and have probably just picked those 6 songs by themselves. I don't mind welcome to the jungle as a song, but these choices all ****ing suck for an intro. Can our dj be fired already for pulling this stunt?

I love how it's called Project NU2. FFS, just keep Where the Streets Have No Name permanently. People already mock this team enough and say we have an identity crisis with the amount of logos/jerseys that we have. How about keeping a song that people generally enjoy. It may not be everyone's favourite type of music, but it just has that epic feeling to it, you know? An epic feeling that many have come to associate with the Canucks.

If we're going to change anything, get rid of that ****ing terrible goal song. I know the reason why it bothers me so much too. There is too much talking during that goal song and not enough music. I like a song with a good beat playing for a goal song. For the large majority of that song played when a goal is scored, you just hear him yelling bang bang bang with barely any instruments. Give me We Will Rock You or Song 2 by Blur or Rock'n Roll Part 2 by Gary Glitter or Kernkraft 400 by Zombie Nation.

One of my favourite parts about our intro is the siren that is integrated into the u2 intro. It just adds to the epicness.

Last edited:

The Bob Cole

Ohhhh Baby.
Apr 18, 2004
Centre Ice
Voted Japandroids. If not the intro they should definitely consider it as the goal song. The crowd could easily chant the oh oh oh part.

When have you ever heard any hockey crowd sing along to a goal song? Every team tries to find a song with something catchy for fans "to sing along to" but no one has since Gary Glitter days in the early 2000's for Colorado.

Fans like to cheer, they don't sing with a goal song despite what everyone has in their head.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
what's not to like about "house that heaven built"? local boys, meat and potatoes rock and roll (none of that polarizing hipster post-punk stuff from their first record), booming max weinberg drums, first line is "when the soul of the city..."

insofar as vancouver can produce such a thing, this song is our city's "born to run." whereas U2? barf. might as well use "clocks."

sing-along-able "oh oh ohs," anthemic chorus with the very canucks nation refrain of "if they try to slow you down, tell 'em all to go to hell"... for all the reasons anaheim (and i think also either san jose or LA?) use "bro hymn" as their goal song, this would be perfect. and without the ****** factor of it being pennywise.

cotillion

May 26, 2011
PoCo
nickelback
jann arden
rita macneil
the coors

the list of canadian talent to choose from is endless, this will be a difficult decision.

Royal Canuck

Taco Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2011
Victoria, BC
You don't know how many people despise Nickelback as well.

Almost all of my friends (including myself) think that Nickelback is a joke that just changes 1 or 2 notes in all of their music and names it a different song.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
You don't know how many people despise Nickelback as well.

Almost all of my friends (including myself) think that Nickelback is a joke that just changes 1 or 2 notes in all of their music and names it a different song.

Yup! :handclap: Makes me want to hurl when I hear them.

Horrorshow

Jun 1, 2009
VOTE JAPANDROIDS.

If you don't vote Japandroids we can't be friends.

Vote Japandroids.

shortshorts

Oct 29, 2008
what's not to like about "house that heaven built"? local boys, meat and potatoes rock and roll (none of that polarizing hipster post-punk stuff from their first record), booming max weinberg drums, first line is "when the soul of the city..."

insofar as vancouver can produce such a thing, this song is our city's "born to run." whereas U2? barf. might as well use "clocks."

sing-along-able "oh oh ohs," anthemic chorus with the very canucks nation refrain of "if they try to slow you down, tell 'em all to go to hell"... for all the reasons anaheim (and i think also either san jose or LA?) use "bro hymn" as their goal song, this would be perfect. and without the ****** factor of it being pennywise.

Because Evil's Sway by Japandroids is a lot better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->