News Article: Project NU2

Tleve

Dec 26, 2005
Well - if you really can't decide - you could vote for my sons band - Static in the Stars "We Are". At least the name fits :D and they are a Vancouver band.

Linters*

The only two songs on that list that really even resemble somethihng that can pump me up are Welcome to The Jungle which I voted for, and the Nickleback song that the Abbotsford Heat play as their intro and thus that is forever associated with the Heat and therefore the Flames in my head so couldn't vote for it.

No Ragretzky

Ho Borvat
Apr 8, 2008
Calgary
Thought Muse was going to be a choice as the first song playing on that Canucks.com video is Map of the Problematique which isn't a bad choice itself. This is what the Canucks come out to on my NHL 13:

BerSTUzzi

Jan 24, 2006
Kamloops
Everyone vote Volbeat...as god damn Nickelback is leading by 1% and that crappy techno song is #3.

Last edited:

Wolfhard

Jul 7, 2012
BC
Voted Volbeat without hesitaton. I don't mind that particular Nickleback song, but it's SO overdone. As is GnR. The others just don't do it for me.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Everyone vote Volbeat...as god damn Nickelback is leading by 1% and that crappy techno song is #3.

I think DJ Dave is not-so-subtly pulling for that one. Listen to the voice of the PA announcer as he introduces the Canucks in each clip - it's not the same sound bite. And in that crummy techno song, he is definitely more exicted than in any other clip....

It's a conspiracy!

Seattle Totems

Apr 14, 2010
If they choose Nickelback or play one damn song by that group I will throw in the towel on this franchise.

This is a prime example of how large groups are ineffective and make horribly wrong decisions. A leader is needed here not decision by mediocre consensus group.

A good DJ should have better taste and knowledge of music than the average fan. He shouldn't need to get input from the fans at all. The Canucks know their demographics and their marketing plan. They should know what's appropriate.

Nickelback are a cheesy Alberta band that is regularly booed at sporting events. They will invite controversy and associate the Canucks' brand with their douchie-ness. If DJ Dave is so stupid that he doesn't realize what kind of damage playing Nickelback will do to the Canucks' brand he deserves to be fired.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
If they choose Nickelback or play one damn song by that group I will throw in the towel on this franchise.

This is a prime example of how large groups are ineffective and make horribly wrong decisions. A leader is needed here not decision by mediocre consensus group.

A good DJ should have better taste and knowledge of music than the average fan. He shouldn't need to get input from the fans at all. The Canucks know their demographics and their marketing plan. They should know what's appropriate.

Nickelback are a cheesy Alberta band that is regularly booed at sporting events. They will invite controversy and associate the Canucks' brand with their douchie-ness. If DJ Dave is so stupid that he doesn't realize what kind of damage playing Nickelback will do to the Canucks' brand he deserves to be fired.

I'm not a fan of Nickelback (or DJ Dave, for that matter), but I think that's a bit drastic. The musical choices at Rogers Arena are irritating, but ultimately, they don't impact my enjoyment of watching the team play.

Seattle Totems

Apr 14, 2010
I'm not a fan of Nickelback (or DJ Dave, for that matter), but I think that's a bit drastic. The musical choices at Rogers Arena are irritating, but ultimately, they don't impact my enjoyment of watching the team play.

I am being harsh but still... When a band is booed in their own country at the Grey Cup and there's talk of boycotts and huge backlash on Twitter why invite that hate?

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
if you dont vote for the house that heaven built you should literally immolate yourself and anyone who may have been tainted by you

Co Ho*

most of those songs in the list for voting aren't even pump up songs.

Volbeat is though.

There should be more like Pennywise - Bro Hymn

Obviously not as a walk out song, its more a goal song. But thats the sort of idea.

Can't just throw in any song :/ That might have a few lyrics that make sense

Anaheim already uses Bro Hymn as a goal song, makes sense since Pennywise is from Cali. Great song though.
I voted Japandroids, although I liked the Map of the Problematique instrumental by Muse they did a few games ago, as well as the guitar "solo" from Fix You by Coldplay.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back in 94

In Gillis I trust
Jul 21, 2007
Voted Japandroids. If not the intro they should definitely consider it as the goal song. The crowd could easily chant the oh oh oh part.

Co Ho*

Voted Japandroids. If not the intro they should definitely consider it as the goal song. The crowd could easily chant the oh oh oh part.

Agreed, great catchy local band, can't go wrong with that song.

I would love to hear the chorus/intro of Howl by the Gaslight Anthem for a goal song, looped like they did some of the other songs.

Sleeper

Aug 10, 2007
I voted Japandroids because it's local and it has a sort of dreamy, epic tone similar to U2, but there's no way it'll win. These decisions should never be left to the masses. Most people have boring, generic taste, and we're gonna get a boring, generic song (ie. Nickelback or Guns N' Roses).

JA

This is an intro idea I really like. I propose the use of this edited/recut instrumental version of "Platform Moon" from Jupiter One's self-titled 2008 album, "Jupiter One." The track features a style consistent with the "west coast" sound, but presents a kind of intensity, aggression and coolness not featured in "Where the Streets Have No Name."

To achieve this cut of the song, a number of simple edits need to be made. If only I had a WAV file of it available (i.e. lossless audio), I'd cut it and have it ready for DJ Dave right away. Hopefully this will provide an alternative to some of the other suggestions being made.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lundface*

This is an intro idea I really like. I propose the use of this edited/recut instrumental version of "Platform Moon" from Jupiter One's self-titled 2008 album, "Jupiter One." The track features a style consistent with the "west coast" sound, but presents a kind of intensity, aggression and coolness not featured in "Where the Streets Have No Name."

To achieve this cut of the song, a number of simple edits need to be made. If only I had a WAV file of it available (i.e. lossless audio), I'd cut it and have it ready for DJ Dave right away. Hopefully this will provide an alternative to some of the other suggestions being made.

That right there is much better than anything proposed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad