News Article: Project NU2

duplo

prince kasspian
Nov 4, 2010
Vancouver
A few weeks ago we launched Project NU2, the official Vancouver Canucks hunt for a new entrance song.

We laid out criteria for what the team is looking for in a fresh tune and then opened the floor to you, our beloved fans.

We received 2,853 submissions and the range of music was phenomenal; from The Who, Sam Roberts, April Wine and Toby Mac to Queen, The Hives, The Wallflowers and the Cobra Skulls, there was something for everyone – and yet the debate rages on.

After carefully sifting through the results (well, not me personally, I’d play Foo Fighters every game as the intro, goal song and between periods!) we’ve gathered the top six songs, as determined by you, and we’re putting it to another vote.

Kathy Anderson got the initial fan reaction to the six finalists last week…

Link to vote.

Can we just all collectively vote for Japandroids? It's local and actually relevant. And if you don't, Nickelback will win this and it will be your fault.

IKEA

May 31, 2010
SE
I'd rather hear U2 than these other proposals. Why come out to MUCH music?

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
This would have been my choice.

They're local too. :p: Out of that list I'm down for Japandroids though.

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012
The Japandroids are a pretty awesome local band. I would prefer keeping U2 for nostalgic purposes, but out of those songs, "The House That Heaven Built" is my favorite.

Scottrockztheworld*

With that attitude it will be Nickelback. Besides, this is just an alternate version. U2 is not going away.

Just because I'm disappointed in DJ Dave for doing this & the Canucks for still employing him that doesn't mean I won't vote to make sure we have to hear Nickelback twice.

You don't know me!
tumblr_m4ifbmql1v1qfw2dno1_250.gif

Jabba The Hutton

Nucks STH
Jul 28, 2009
UBC
A Warrior's Call would get the players more pumped IMO, but Japandroids is the next best. Just please not EA NHL Nickelback songs.

Pseudonymous*

that alt rock does't get me pumped up. i think i'd prefer A Warrior’s Call – Volbeat

the 'fight' part is a nice addition.

Proto

Jan 30, 2010
Go with Nickelback. Canucks need to embrace the hate, and this is the ultimate realization of that goal.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Voted for Volbeat BTW. Like them as a band, I like that song that is a part of the voting. It gets me more pumped then any other option. Volbeat is also a Danish band, so Honey Badger will be even more beastly if we have this intro.

If Nickelback or GnR wins I'll cry because you hear those songs everywhere.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
A Warrior's Call would get the players more pumped IMO, but Japandroids is the next best. Just please not EA NHL Nickelback songs.

I think you have to vote strategically. Nickelback is guaranteed to get its votes so if people just scatter votes amongs the others then it will end up being Nickelback.

Go with Nickelback. Canucks need to embrace the hate, and this is the ultimate realization of that goal.

:laugh:

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
that alt rock does't get me pumped up. i think i'd prefer A Warrior’s Call – Volbeat

the 'fight' part is a nice addition.

This this this. I didn't see anyone actually do this, but apparently some people hated the U2 lyrics, yet no words were even said. With this Volbeat song, it just fits ehat those people wanted, and I really like it. Love the beat, and tempo to it.

Smokey McCanucks

PuckDaddy "Perfect HFBoard Trade Proposal 02/24/14
Dec 21, 2010
Canucks games need to go heavy on B.C. music. More Chilliwack, 54-50, and Jerry Doucette is definitely necessary.

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
This is the only acceptable answer:

But since it's not available to pick, I'll go hivemind because if I have to listen to Canucks skate out to Nickelback or GNR there is a good chance I will go insane.

StringerBell

Also, on the topic of Nickelback... "Burn it to the ground"? Really? Did they really go there?

Probably couldn't pick a Canucks intro song with a more negative connotation if you tried.

I like Japandroids for the intro, though I'd prefer to see them remix it a bit heavier. I think the Victoria Royals did some sort of remix for their intro song. DJ Dave might want to check with them. This should just be for the regular season though. When the playoffs roll around we need U2 back for nostalgia's sake.

Pseudonymous*

most of those songs in the list for voting aren't even pump up songs.

Volbeat is though.

There should be more like Pennywise - Bro Hymn

Obviously not as a walk out song, its more a goal song. But thats the sort of idea.

Can't just throw in any song :/ That might have a few lyrics that make sense

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->