Pro-playoff thread

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
He has looked solid for the most part.

Couple things to consider..

It’s still early in the season, there were some barn burners and lots of new players getting used to Green’s new system on top of offseason rust. That pushes his GAA up but I think it’ll come down a bit as the season goes on.

Scoring is up in the league big time. Save % should be looked at with a bit of extra leeway.

I believe he can be an adequate enough starter on a playoff team. There have been games we had no business being in that Marky kept us in.

I seem to remember everybody saying that about Cloutier years ago...

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
If we truly want to make the playoffs, we need every margin we can get.

Fire Travis Green, pick up Quenneville. There, got your franchise coach, along with our franchise player (Pettersson).

Reactions: JuniorNelson

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
Not sure if Joel would be better for us than Travis at this point.
If we truly want to make the playoffs, we need every margin we can get.

Fire Travis Green, pick up Quenneville. There, got your franchise coach, along with our franchise player (Pettersson).

I don’t think it’s time to hit the panic button yet just because we didn’t get to points out of Detroit even though we probably should have.

If Boeser is playing instead of Eriksson we win this one clean in regulation. This season will come down to how durable the duo of Brock and Petey can be because they are magic together.

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
All in all this was a good night for the playoff race. We got a point in a hostile building against a team with lots to prove. Thought we carried the play in OT and were unlucky for it to make it to the shootout. Oh well on to the next one, all that matter is the next 2 points hopefully Boeser will be back so someone can convert the numerous chances Elias beams down from his spaceship.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market

I don’t think it’s time to hit the panic button yet just because we didn’t get to points out of Detroit even though we probably should have.

If Boeser is playing instead of Eriksson we win this one clean in regulation. This season will come down to how durable the duo of Brock and Petey can be because they are magic together.

Joel is a better coach then Travis.

We should take this opportunity to upgrade our coaching staff.

Want to preform like the best, you need the best personnel, Joel is that top personnel and with a proven track record. This is a coach you can win championships with.

pettersson

Oct 8, 2018
Joel is a better coach then Travis.

We should take this opportunity to upgrade our coaching staff.

Want to preform like the best, you need the best personnel, Joel is that top personnel and with a proven track record. This is a coach you can win championships with.

This post angers me.

Travis has done a hell of job so far with only 3 good players, and the rest of the line up filled with bottom liners and Utica players.

Few games in, sure. But this is a guy that knows how to develop players and right now that's what we need, he seems to be bonding with the youngsters as well. Lets not lose sight of our direction, regardless of what making the plahoffs will do for the morale of our team going forward... we are not at a point where we are going all in. We have a young team, and it's only going to get younger next season... These guys need to develop properly.

Also, apparently Hawks fans hated Q when it came to the kids. Does what Willie does.

Last edited:

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
We need way better winger depth. I'd throw 9.5-10+ to panarin on a long term deal.

Or 8 for stone. We need to give Horvat and Pete more support

pettersson

Oct 8, 2018
We need way better winger depth. I'd throw 10m+ to panarin on a long term deal.

Or 8 for stone. We need to give Horvat and Pete more support
Panarin-Petey-Boeser

Lol. f***

Edit: need to be careful about cap but the idea of Panarin and Petey makes me so happy

Paulinvancouver

Gas station in Carbondale did not have fresh yams!
Dec 19, 2015
I've been following this team for more than 40 years and not once have I wanted them to not make the playoffs.

Only one team wins the cup each year. 3 teams "tank". EVERYONE else is in the middle. it is COMPLETELY unrealistic to build up a core to see if you can win a cup then the moment you realize you're not, you blow it all up with a fire sale to get draft picks only to do it all again. I don't know what fantasy world you people are coming from but this isn't your video game.

Live your life now man. Don't be a sourpuss all your life except for that one winning season that may never come. Moments are fleeting. Life goes on. The next season will come just like any other. That feeling you get from that one season where you're cheering the playoff rush, on a high in the offseason and have that sense of a repeat early in the next season, that feeling will NOT make up for being an asshole the rest of your life.

So go have a beer. Cheer with your mates and have a good time on Thursday. And then the next game, and the next. Maybe we'll win, or maybe we'll lose, but that is what life is about.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
This post angers me.

Travis has done a hell of job so far with only 3 good players, and the rest of the line up filled with bottom liners and Utica players.

Few games in, sure. But this is a guy that knows how to develop players and right now that's what we need, he seems to be bonding with the youngsters as well. Lets not lose sight of our direction, regardless of what making the plahoffs will do for the morale of our team going forward... we are not at a point where we are going all in. We have a young team, and it's only going to get younger next season... These guys need to develop properly.

Also, apparently Hawks fans hated Q when it came to the kids. Does what Willie does.

Objection. Assumes facts not in evidence.

THE Green Man

Dec 27, 2013
Narnia
All in all this was a good night for the playoff race. We got a point in a hostile building against a team with lots to prove. Thought we carried the play in OT and were unlucky for it to make it to the shootout. Oh well on to the next one, all that matter is the next 2 points hopefully Boeser will be back so someone can convert the numerous chances Elias beams down from his spaceship.
That wasn't a hostile building last night. Tickets in the upper bowl they were saying on the radio yesterday morning were like $6 for upper bowl. There were a lot of empty seats too.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Quenneville is 60 and he'll probably have the ability to get a job with like 10 teams this offseason.

He's probably going to want a contender.
Coach Q easily has the qualifications to pick wherever he wants to coach..He certainly doesn't have to jump through hoops anymore,and I highly doubt that he's going to pick a team that is in the middle of a rebuild.

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
What it all comes down to now for me is wether or not a couple of more top ten picks trumps (ffs- he's even ruined that word for me) starting a real winning culture with this team. So far it looks more like two of our top ten picks are already looking like they'll never hit what Benning believed to be their potential.

Stock pile all you want; Edmonton has single handily proven that there are no guarantees. In extremely embarrassing fashion I might add.

Either way, lighten up boys; it really is a win/win. Either a solid promising season to build off of (yes, even finishing 17th) or a higher pick.

I'm just going to do something that I haven't been able to in five seasons and enjoy me some Canucks hockey.

Last edited:

Nomobo

Feb 20, 2015
Victoria
What it all comes down to now for me is wether or not a couple of more top ten picks trumps (ffs- he's even ruined that word for me) starting a real winning culture with this team. So far it looks more like two of our top ten picks are already looking like they'll never hit what Benning believed to be their potential.

Stock pile all you want; Edmonton has single handily proven that there are no guarantees. In extremely embarrassing fashion I might add.

Either way, lighten up boys; it really is a win/win. Either a solid promising season to build off of (yes, even finishing 17th) or a higher pick.

I'm just going to do something that I haven't been able to in five seasons and enjoy me some Canucks hockey.
This post about sums it up for me.
Whatever happens will be ok.
It’s fun to watch again and I don’t resent having to pay Shaw my $45/month.
GO CANUCKS!

Reactions: Eddy Punch Clock

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
This post about sums it up for me.
Whatever happens will be ok.
It’s fun to watch again and I don’t resent having to pay Shaw my $45/month.
GO CANUCKS!

I might be a little less cool with it if it was the vets and UFA's doing all the scoring but it's not.

We're watching history unfold with what may end up being the best all around player to ever wear a Canucks jersey and we're bickering about wether or not we should be losing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad