Pro-playoff thread

Nucks for the Cup

Jul 28, 2011
Vancouver
Im starting to get sucked in to believing that this team can make the playoffs and wanting them to make it, even though I firmly believe we should be in the lottery from a roster standpoint and whats best for the future

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
Since everyone else thinks we are a playoff team with petersson shooting at 40%, horvat,Virtanen and Sven shooting over 17% here’s a thread for everyone to state their position and not flip flop.

Chill out dude, let people enjoy the moment

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
I can think of a major reason why we can't win the division: the team isn't good enough to win the division.

I can think of 17 major reasons why we will.

1. Flames suck
2. Oilers suck
3. Sharks suck
4. Ducks suck
5. Coyotes suck
6. Golden knights suck
7. Kings really suck
8. Pettersson is a god
9. Boeser will score 50
10. Benning prepared for injuries this year
11. Markstrom looks solid
12. Horvat took another step
13. Our bottom six is elite defensively
14. We are getting QUINN f***ING HUGHES in March
15. The team is buying in to Travis Green’s system
16. The boys are coming together as a team and playing for each other emotionally
17. GO CANUCKS GO!

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
I can think of 17 major reasons why we will.

1. Flames suck
2. Oilers suck
3. Sharks suck
4. Ducks suck
5. Coyotes suck
6. Golden knights suck
7. Kings really suck
8. Pettersson is a god
9. Boeser will score 50
10. Benning prepared for injuries this year
11. Markstrom looks solid
12. Horvat took another step
13. Our bottom six is elite defensively
14. We are getting QUINN ****ING HUGHES in March
15. The team is buying in to Travis Green’s system
16. The boys are coming together as a team and playing for each other emotionally
17. GO CANUCKS GO!

Go Canucks Go is not a reason

Your other reasons are also incorrect.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
Sweet! The tank thread will be free of discussion about the morality of tanking. We can cheer for the tank in peace.

Enjoy this thread, pro-Benning people. It's all for you.

Reactions: y2kcanucks

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
These threads haven't gone so well the past coupe years...

Again I'm cheering for the playoffs currently, I think Pettersson, Boeser etc leading the team to the playoffs would be absolutely massive for their development and the "rebuild" going forward.

Don't see it happening though, I say it every year but things will normalize and we'll be in the discussion for the lottery yet again.

Last edited:
Reactions: cookiefest

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Just win, baby!

Everything will take care of itself.

Said it many times... don’t know how anyone who watches their favorite team play sit there and cheer for their demise in that game... that they are investing time in watching.. does not compute.

Sure be ok with a loss when it happens if you’re hoping for a tank.... but are you actually watching to cheer against your supposed favorite team?

The anger depicted in a loss by tankers about everything wrong with the team in that game also doesn’t seem in line with ‘being happy’ they lost. Just weird.

Anyways... step 1.. be in a playoff spot at Thanksgiving.. heh ;)

NucksRock

May 16, 2018
Just win, baby!

Everything will take care of itself.

Said it many times... don’t know how anyone who watches their favorite team play sit there and cheer for their demise in that game... that they are investing time in watching.. does not compute.

Sure be ok with a loss when it happens if you’re hoping for a tank.... but are you actually watching to cheer against your supposed favorite team?

The anger depicted in a loss by tankers about everything wrong with the team in that game also doesn’t seem in line with ‘being happy’ they lost. Just weird.

Anyways... step 1.. be in a playoff spot at Thanksgiving.. heh ;)

Maybe those who want to see a team lose, aren't actually fans of the team? Common sense tells me that

:huh::sarcasm::thumbu:

Reactions: Jimbo57

JT Milker

Mar 24, 2018
I can think of at least 10 reasons why the Canucks will be freaking sick this year

1. WOOOO
2. FOR THE BOIS
3. *SHOTGUNS BEER*
4. CLAP BOMBS f*** MOMS
5. *VIKING CLAPS*
6. GO CANUCKS GO
7. GO CANUCKS GO
8. GO CANUCKS GO
9. GO CANUCKS GO
10. GO CANUCKS GO

Coincidentally, this is also 10 reasons why hockey culture sucks

Last edited:
Reactions: GoldyNuck

Jack Burton

Pro Tank Since 13
Oct 27, 2016
Pork Chop Express
To all the pro playoff posters in this thread, I would like you to keep something in mind....

It's no secret that this regime will be targeting Jack Hughes in the draft so the farther away we get from the bottom 5 the price only goes higher and higher.

If you value the future of this franchise, Bo Horvat and multiple future 1st round draft picks then think real hard where you want this team to finish.

This is probably the most important year for the direction of this franchise since Benning took over.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad