Prince Cam

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I said on here in another thread that Talbot has journeyman starter potential and will probably have a couple nice seasons for someone before all is said and done. I still believe that to be true. He has the talent to play in this league, for sure.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
One thing with Talbot is I'm wondering how he'll do in shootouts. A lot of goalies--particularly backup goalies get really exposed here. Buying dekes, big gaps between their legs etc. etc. Goalies need to be good on breakaways these days.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
One thing with Talbot is I'm wondering how he'll do in shootouts. A lot of goalies--particularly backup goalies get really exposed here. Buying dekes, big gaps between their legs etc. etc. Goalies need to be good on breakaways these days.

I bet he'll do well. He faced a lot of breakaways in his career and normally stopped them. Granted, college snd the AHL aren't the NHL, but it is still experience.

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
I really like his compact play. He's quick and sound. Well centered in net.

His butterfly seems small but it works well, much better than Hanks (although granted he isn't a bfly goalie).

Two games isn't much but he certainly proved that he belongs.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
I called Cam a Prince for a reason. No prince takes over the kingdom with current ruler in place. This is not Hamlet by Shakespeare, chill out everyone.
No one in his right mind would trade an elite goaltender Lundqvist is. I am not crazy (clarification). But I am not crazy about Lundqvist either. Suppose I am right and Talbot is a real deal, what is wrong with keeping Hanks feet to the fire? Since when Lundqvist slump stopped? That was precisely when Valiquette was shown the door. When your beloved Torts mentioned that Rangers are too cute with some of their players whom do you think he had in mind?

If this board got so POed with my suggestion that Talbot may be next starter (although I failed to mentioned that time could be 5 to 7 years) imagine what Hank thinking process was like. That process worked. Just, please don't bother to tell me that team has improved its defense. It is the same. It is the goaltending that propelled Rangers from terrible to an okay and little above. I have to give credit to Vigneault here. Hats off for Biron-Talbot swap. It worked out brilliantly.

We could do worse than another Vanbies/Rich scenario. Remember what that led too? 94 whoooaaaaaaa!!!!! OMG We'll win a cup with cam!

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland

I don't have any statistics, but he seemed to me to do pretty well while in Hartford.

Boom Boom Geoffrion*

:laugh:

This thread is awesome. Someone please sticky this. Forever.

FOREVER

FOOOORRRREEEEVVVVEERRRR

FFFFFFFFFFFOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEVVVVVVEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRR

10spotshirtsdotcomFOREVVER.png

Vidic15*

Which means he is what an old man? Kid is generally used to refer to someone younger than yourself in this type of situation. So I'm not sure why it matters how people refer to him.

I'm older than him, so technically I can call him a kid. It's not the norm for a guy his age to break into the NHL and have a major impact.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
It's been nice to actually have goaltending the last two games, but I don't wanna be too hard on Hank cause who knows how this injury affected him.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate

I bet he'll do well. He faced a lot of breakaways in his career and normally stopped them. Granted, college snd the AHL aren't the NHL, but it is still experience.

His weak spot is the five hole - but that's been true for many a tall goalie.

He's definitely a NHL quality goaltender. He likely maxes out as a fantastic backup/journeyman starter type as nyr2k2 says.

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
I really do not see the point of bringing up Chad. And I never participated in that thread anyhow. He was a bum. Talbot ... I mean really he made stops; I haven't felt that way on stops in a long time.

KreiMeARiver*

Some of you really need to go read the "Prince Chad" thread before you get all bent out of shape about this one. Everything in here is tongue-in-cheek, so relax.

Good thing I read this post before I started in with a Monday morning diatribe. ;)

I'm just not sure how many of these posts really ARE tongue-in-cheek, and who is actually contending that we move Hank because we have a future franchise goalie after a whopping 2 games.

Cam I am?

Son of Cam.

Cam-a-lot

No Cam do.

This thread has really opened a Cam of worms.

Shop Rite's annual Cam-Cam sale

Cam-shaft

Dual overhead Cam

Uncle Cam

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Not to sound any kind of negative towards Cam, cuz I ****ing love this kid, I do, but not at the expense of Henry. We lose the King, and I don't know who I'll kill first.

My favorite backup since Healy donning my favorite NYR goalie's mask since Richter's :yo:

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Richter was far too small to every play the butterfly. It's unlikely you will ever see another goalie play like Richter in this era.

Talbot is his own animal. He has good quick legs and poise, but he has a minor rebound control issue. Obviously there will always be things to work on. It took Lundqvist until his 30's to iron out all his issues.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
It's nice to feel like we have a reliable backup who can go out and play a solid game in net. His positioning has been sound as well as his rebound control. I really like what he has provided.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad