Prince Cam

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
He looks ready. He doesn't play nervous and he doesn't look awkward and he's not flopping all over the place. He's not leaving thousands of rebounds. He's been good on breakaways when players try to deke him. Players coming at him kind of open and picking corners with slapshots from 25 feet seem to be his only real weakness so far. It doesn't matter right now how old he is or how long it took him to get to the NHL because he looks ready now.

94now

May 24, 2004
Snow Belt, USA
Price, Marty, Rask, Luongo, Ward all 1st round picks. Lundqvist made it at age of 23... only Lundqvist and Rinne were late round picks...

Rinne made it as 26 years old 2008-2009 season... bad examples..

What? Talbot is not a starter at 26. He will be a good backup. Like BOS backup, what's his name? Ah, Chad Johnson, 27. Talbot may become starter next season if Lundqvist walks. Latter is highly unlikely.

SlapshotTheMovie

Jan 18, 2013
So I am loving our Prince. I am not completely sold on him yet. Right now I honestly think he has had 3 good games out of 3. If he can have 9 good games out of 10 I think we hit the jack pot. If we are forced into a rebuild (still possible but very unlikely) He will be our starting goalie next year. Could be a lot worse. If we aren't forced into a rebuild (most likely) we will sign Hank for a long term deal and Cam will be a very capable back up for a year or two. After that we will have an elite goaltender with a legit starting goal tender as a back up. It will suck to try and find another back up but at that time we now have a very huge trade assist. Realistically he will still have a 1-2 million dollar contract as a starting goalie in the NHL. He would fetch a lot on the trading block. Picks Prospects established veterans. We would be able to move him for whatever we need without losing any depth in our roaster. I know this is going 3 seasons into the future but that's how prospects work. I am stoked to get a couple of great years out of him and then hopefully get great talent for him.

aim2win

Feb 4, 2013
AHL Performance

His performance in the playoffs for the Whale was pretty impressive (2 shutouts, .939save percentage). Combining his playoff performance with his first few games in the NHL this year... it seems that at a minimum the NYR have a better back-up than Marty Biron with some upside potential.

I agree with the previous poster that 10 NHL starts is a better sample size before going any further in anointing a "Crown Prince."

Baby Punisher

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
The single biggest reason that I am so high on Cam, besides his play in the AHL & the small sample we have seen in the NHL is Benoit Alliare. He said Cam was ready for the NHL & that's good enough for me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad