Prince Cam

Hybrid MB24

Nov 3, 2006
Pennsylvania
I officially predict he will surpass the King at some point.
We got a goalie!!! :yo::yo:

:shakehead

Shades of Prince Chad thread.

Listen, the guy has had two really solid games, but I don't see him or many surpassing the King at any point. He's proven to be a serviceable backup, which is good because we needed one that can be relied on to win a couple games.

I like him and I like having him on the team. He is here to stay and that's great.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Seriously agree. There's no reason to keep Hank around at this point. From the two games so far, it's very clear that Cam is the guy now and for the future.

At some point AV is going to have to play Cam more than Hank, and Hank will want to walk as a free agent. Have to trade him now to get value.

(I hope I don't need to put a sarcasm smiley here)

TheRightWay

May 16, 2012
:shakehead

Shades of Prince Chad thread.

Listen, the guy has had two really solid games, but I don't see him or many surpassing the King at any point. He's proven to be a serviceable backup, which is good because we needed one that can be relied on to win a couple games.

I like him and I like having him on the team. He is here to stay and that's great.

The team was terrible in front of him last night, yet he made it interesting. When did Lundqvist do such a thing? I know when - 2005. At least he had something done in college, compare to obscure 6 rounder with some Extra Liga games Lundqvist came across.

Hybrid MB24

Nov 3, 2006
Pennsylvania
The team was terrible in front of him last night, yet he made it interesting. When did Lundqvist do such a thing? I know when - 2005. At least he had something done in college, compare to obscure 6 rounder with some Extra Liga games Lundqvist came across.

I'll consider this thread an appreciation thread.

Lundqvist will be our starting goaltender until he retires. Whether Talbot finds a starting job (Maybe) elsewhere, stays as Henrik's backup, or is a backup for another team is all up in the air.

King Cam does have a certain ring to it. I'll say that.

High And Wide*

This is actually word for word the same exact thread as the "Prince Chad" thread :laugh:

Proof:

50ydL.png

TheRightWay

May 16, 2012
I'll consider this thread an appreciation thread.

Lundqvist will be our starting goaltender until he retires.

I called Cam a Prince for a reason. No prince takes over the kingdom with current ruler in place. This is not Hamlet by Shakespeare, chill out everyone.
No one in his right mind would trade an elite goaltender Lundqvist is. I am not crazy (clarification). But I am not crazy about Lundqvist either. Suppose I am right and Talbot is a real deal, what is wrong with keeping Hanks feet to the fire? Since when Lundqvist slump stopped? That was precisely when Valiquette was shown the door. When your beloved Torts mentioned that Rangers are too cute with some of their players whom do you think he had in mind?

If this board got so POed with my suggestion that Talbot may be next starter (although I failed to mentioned that time could be 5 to 7 years) imagine what Hank thinking process was like. That process worked. Just, please don't bother to tell me that team has improved its defense. It is the same. It is the goaltending that propelled Rangers from terrible to an okay and little above. I have to give credit to Vigneault here. Hats off for Biron-Talbot swap. It worked out brilliantly.

Callagraves

Block shots
Jan 24, 2011
Surpassing the King is either extremely premature or hopelessly lofty.

I honestly doubt Talbot will ever be as good as Hank. Hank is one of, if not the, best in the world.

Talbot may SUCCEED Hank as the Rangers goal, but it's unlikely that he's ever as incredible

TheRightWay

May 16, 2012
Surpassing the King is either extremely premature or hopelessly lofty.

I honestly doubt Talbot will ever be as good as Hank. Hank is one of, if not the, best in the world.

Talbot may SUCCEED Hank as the Rangers goal, but it's unlikely that he's ever as incredible

If Talbot proves he can do what he can consistently, Hank will be gone by his contract end. Not that i am looking forward to it, I am not Lundqvist hater as accused, just saying...

Lundqvist is playing great at the moment and he is indispensable. Yet he cannot play any better. His best, in other words, is not good for top 10 in the league average. He is in the second dozen. Sweden ain't going anywhere in Olympics, mark my words. Nor will Rangers any time soon. Yet, thanks to him there is a reason to watch this team. No more than that.

PavelBure9

Jul 31, 2007
I hope he can play 15 games or 20 games for us as a backup, be effective, win some games, and I will be happy.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Talbot is good. I have been saying it all last year. He needed to fix his concentration level to avoid WTF goals, but otherwise, he was very much playing NHL hockey despite a terrible team in front of him. The Whale were the worst AHL team last year if not for him. And their blue line was the worst part of the team. They would've been an embarrassment without Talbot.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
If Talbot proves he can do what he can consistently, Hank will be gone by his contract end. Not that i am looking forward to it, I am not Lundqvist hater as accused, just saying...

Lundqvist is playing great at the moment and he is indispensable. Yet he cannot play any better. His best, in other words, is not good for top 10 in the league average. He is in the second dozen. Sweden ain't going anywhere in Olympics, mark my words. Nor will Rangers any time soon. Yet, thanks to him there is a reason to watch this team. No more than that.

Are we talking about the same goalie?

Jan 8, 2012
NY

This is either great sarcasm, or the worst post I have ever read.

TheRightWay

May 16, 2012
Are we talking about the same goalie?

You're living in the past. His numbers are consistent in one respect: decline. Year after year. If defense is to blame for his numbers, it would have had no room to get any worse. I will be the happiest fan on the face of the earth should he continue to play like he does now. I doubt it, though.
Can we win SC with Lundqvist? Absolutely. But we are not building contender due to lack of true interest from the ownership. The best we can do is 2005-06 Rangers. That is why I want his old back. It won't happen.

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
Oh what the hell, might as well repost what I said what I said almost 4 years ago for consistency's sake:

The Rangers should definitely trade Lundqvist now.

Just like how the Devils traded Brodeur after Clemmensen stepped in and did such a good job.

TheRightWay

May 16, 2012
Oh what the hell, might as well repost what I said what I said almost 4 years ago for consistency's sake:

The Rangers should definitely trade Lundqvist now.

Just like how the Devils traded Brodeur after Clemmensen stepped in and did such a good job.

Bull... I went through entire thread and there's not a single post suggesting trading Henrik. By anyone. Where did you get it from ?!.

Balej20

Jan 4, 2013
Hi all,

Do you all feel like we should now trade Lundqvist and his hefty price tag, now that we have a real starting goalie in Cam Talbot. I eagerly await your responses.

Regards,

Conine

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad