Injury Report: Price DONE for the series vs NYR

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
Bringing up your days as a 'waterboy' again? :shakehead

Only for people to understand that my sport injury wasn't in junior hockey like some people here reached. I never reached a high level in sports, but I imagine a lot of guys around here have.

I was a waterboy for 6 weeks with my knee injury, are you making fun of me? :cry: :D

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
I have made the same point elsewhere. Somehow, this is lost on people who are simply extrapolating numbers from a game and not seeing how the loss of a player can mean a different dynamic and momentum shift.

...and I also never mentioned the psychological effect, though the Habs still had a strong effort in game 2.

Habset

Feb 21, 2008
Montreal
I have a screwed up meniscus. I also never had full support of trainers the way Carey does (but the football team I played for had 3 full time trainers and a team doctor). Even to this day my knee hurts when I over use it, but find that when I dynamic stretches to warm up before I go and do physical activity or even walk the site, I am better off. I just need to stretches after, I think it would help a lot.

That being said... Shut Price down... Let him heal properly and lets not get into trouble. I don't want to be lose this series, but this is not a risk I am willing to take. (funny its the opposite stance I had about concussions and letting people play, hypocrite I seem to be :shakehead :D)

Also about "not scoring", I always feel that your goalie plays a big part in that. Some of you are like what?!?! :shakehead Let me explain: The habs don't want to take chances, they are playing defense first hockey right now. With Price, they were able to say they have a wall, so they could take more risks.

I agree with you 100% on how a goalie can affect goals. It has alot to do with confidence also.

Jigger77

Dec 21, 2007
Montreal
I agree with you 100% on how a goalie can affect goals. It has alot to do with confidence also.

Not to mention those passes each game half way up the ice, the knowing when to and not to freeze pucks, handling the puck behind the net etc. It's like losing a 3rd defenseman. He was the pillar behind the transition game in a lot of ways.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Not to mention those passes each game half way up the ice, the knowing when to and not to freeze pucks, handling the puck behind the net etc. It's like losing a 3rd defenseman. He was the pillar behind the transition game in a lot of ways.

The lost of Price was major. No doubt. However, we need to stop talking about it as if it's the end of the world. Losing Price should not be the difference between getting swept or lose in 5 and winning this series.

I mean, we swept TB after they lost Bishop, but they also were not as deep as us, and they had major issues on the back end.
The difference between our roster and NYR is much tighter. We should be able to push this to 7games, but of course this means every player needs to raise its game a notch higher.

HankyZetts

Twi2ted
Mar 16, 2004
The lost of Price was major. No doubt. However, we need to stop talking about it as if it's the end of the world. Losing Price should not be the difference between getting swept or lose in 5 and winning this series.

I mean, we swept TB after they lost Bishop, but they also were not as deep as us, and they had major issues on the back end.
The difference between our roster and NYR is much tighter. We should be able to push this to 7games, but of course this means every player needs to raise its game a notch higher.

Agreed. Go out there and compete!

Jigger77

Dec 21, 2007
Montreal

Though I admire your optimism. I don't share it unfortunately. Personally I think it's beyond catastrophic. But they might win a game or two.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Only for people to understand that my sport injury wasn't in junior hockey like some people here reached. I never reached a high level in sports, but I imagine a lot of guys around here have.

I was a waterboy for 6 weeks with my knee injury, are you making fun of me? :cry: :D

Whenever I see the opportunity!
\
BPh5kw1.gif

Nynja*

Official word is done for the Rangers series...anything beyond that is just speculation.

I cant think of any knee injury that is bad enough that they would take him out for the series, but will heal in 2 weeks and have him ready for the finals.

I'm no doctor though.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Sucks for you guys, was pumped about you beating the Bruins. We in MN know all about losing goalies.

Having said that, you have to get your **** together and figure out how to beat the Rangers.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Though I admire your optimism. I don't share it unfortunately. Personally I think it's beyond catastrophic. But they might win a game or two.

The other reason we are where we are is Subban has 0 points in this series's and McDonagh has 6. I'm not trying to slight PK, I actually prefer him over McDonagh.

Just saying that losing Price IS catastrophic, but our second best player going into a mini-slump at the same time is equally as catastrophic. If PK comes to play the rest of the series like he can, we are in it.

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
For rodeo season?

Definitely.

But honestly. I'd rather he be taking the ice as soon as possible instead of worry about it until August. Atleast we know the injury might not be as severe as some though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad