Injury Report: Price DONE for the series vs NYR

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Galchenyuk - knee - April 9 - cleared for contact May 16

Galchenyuk:
John Lu ‏@JohnLuTSNMtl 5m
#Habs Galchenyuk is taking part in his first full practice with the team, and is wearing a regular jersey. Appears t/b cleared for contact.

Аrpon Basu ‏@ArponBasu 6m
Alex Galchenyuk is attending #Habs skate and is in a regular jersey.

Renaud Lavoie ‏@renlavoietva 7m
#canadiens Alex Galchenyuk is at practice with a regular jersey on. He's contact free. #tvasports

Amanda Stein ‏@amandacstein 7m
#HabsOn690 - Alex Galchenyuk is on the ice for practice this morning, wearing the same colour jersey as the rest of his teammates.

Last edited:

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
GsAEF.gif

PricePkPatch*

Can't wait for Chuckie to be healthy and ready.

Why? 'Cause our lineup is already filled to the brim with players doing their best. Having a player ready to come back means they all know if they slack up; they will lose their spot.

The threat of Galchenyuk taking you r place is a bit more real than the threat of MOEN taking your place. No offense, Moen.

K1ng0fthecastl3

May 16, 2014
NY
Can't wait for Chuckie to be healthy and ready.

Why? 'Cause our lineup is already filled to the brim with players doing their best. Having a player ready to come back means they all know if they slack up; they will lose their spot.

The threat of Galchenyuk taking you r place is a bit more real than the threat of MOEN taking your place. No offense, Moen.

Hopefully he gets game ready because we can't afford sticking him in the lineup if he is rusty, especially against the speed of the rangers

PricePkPatch*

Hopefully he gets game ready because we can't afford sticking him in the lineup if he is rusty, especially against the speed of the rangers

Coaching staff won't send him on the ice unless they see his performance level in practice overcome the performance level of a player who is actually playing.

Which means, in my opinion, that the entire F-roster will really move their ass

PricePkPatch*

He can start on a 4th/3rd line just to get his game shape

No.

This isn't the regular season. 3/4th line isn't a plug line just meant to take up some space.

4th line is a speedy energy line meant to work its ass off and create scoring chances. It's been the key to winning many game. INCLUDING GAME 7

3rd line? Key shutdown/possession line who has proven to be our main scoring line so far.. (I think?)

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
No nway Galchenyuk goes back in until...1-he is 100% and has a few contact practices and 2-the Habs lose a game. He is a talented player, but at this point he is maybe the 9th or 10th forward on the depth chart right now.

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
@GLefrancoisRC #Habs Alex Galchenyuk appears to have been cleared for contact. He's wearing a regular sweater in practice today.

habscup*

@GLefrancoisRC #Habs Alex Galchenyuk appears to have been cleared for contact. He's wearing a regular sweater in practice today.

I think that's a mistake. My friend was there and he told me he never saw him in regular jersey.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Good for him. Now he can keep working in deserving a spot on a winning team. No rush to hurry a 31 points scorer back in the lineup.

Saw what happened when Spezza came back to the Sens last season? It revolted quite a couple of guys who saw one of theirs get out of the lineup after battling hard.

Imagine if it's a guy like Prust or Briere who gets out to let room for a guy who isn't all that good currently to begin with? Very bad message to send to your team.

Make the kid hungry.

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
I think that's a mistake. My friend was there and he told me he never saw him in regular jersey.

Your friend WAS there or is there? Practice is going on now..

#Habs Galchenyuk is taking part in his first full practice with the team, and is wearing a regular jersey. Appears t/b cleared for contact.

#canadiens Alex Galchenyuk is at practice with a regular jersey on. He's contact free. #tvasports

#HabsOn690 - Alex Galchenyuk is on the ice for practice this morning, wearing the same colour jersey as the rest of his teammates.

- Don't think 5 people are lying.

habscup*

- Don't think 5 people are lying.

Never trusting him again hahaha YES GALCHENYUK!!

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
He has the skill level to make a significant boost to offense if Habs struggle.

PricePkPatch*

Ideally he works his way up to play alongside Plekanec and Vanek.

Holy crap.. which means Bournival is downgraded to.. 4th line?

You sit Prust? I don't think so buddy. Not against his ex-team.
You sit Weise? LOOOL
You sit Briere? :laugh:

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Holy crap.. which means Bournival is downgraded to.. 4th line?

You sit Prust? I don't think so buddy. Not against his ex-team.
You sit Weise? LOOOL
You sit Briere? :laugh:

It sends a REALLY bad vibe to make room for a rookie by sitting a vet who battled for 2 series so far. It's not something you can do at this point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad