Injury Report: Price DONE for the series vs NYR

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
It's good news if they end up beating the Rangers. Price in game 1 of the SCF would be a huge boost, even if I dont like our chances versus the Kings (if they beat the Hawks in game 5)

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
The other reason we are where we are is Subban has 0 points in this series's and McDonagh has 6. I'm not trying to slight PK, I actually prefer him over McDonagh.

Just saying that losing Price IS catastrophic, but our second best player going into a mini-slump at the same time is equally as catastrophic. If PK comes to play the rest of the series like he can, we are in it.

Most of Mcdonough's points are on plays he had no impact on, more a fluke than great play. Subban has struggled, but I haven't found 27 on the other5 side to be doing anything special.

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
If Price plays, I hope he's 100% healthy. It would be dumb to play him now if he's still injured. If he were to completely tear his knee and be out next year, there would be hell to pay.

beaverBFP

Dec 24, 2008
Winnipeg
Maybe this serves as a morale booster for the locker room, gives them a little hope that if they DO make it to the SCF they will have a top tier goalie stopping pucks.

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007
Maybe this serves as a morale booster for the locker room, gives them a little hope that if they DO make it to the SCF they will have a top tier goalie stopping pucks.

Standard re-hab schedule, nothing more to this .

pepperMonkey

Aug 2, 2005
Toronto
I just heard the news also.
Assuming he's healthy and fully healed, it would be a great boost to morale! I love how Tokarski is playing and wouldn't expect Price to play any better (coming back from injury), but the team is playing like a stinking pile of goo, and Price coming back I hope, would cause them to wake up.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Hearing Price may be back for a game 6 or 7 if it gets that far.

That being said, our problem hasn't been goaltending. Tokarski has been great. We need to crash the net and get into Lunquist's face. That's the book on him and that's how you beat him. Till now, we've been ineffective in doing that and that's why we're down 3-1. When we go to the net, we have a lot more success i.e. Galchenyuk's goal, Briere's goal, etc...

#crashthecreasetabarnac!

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007
Price will not play another game until next season. Therrien has been clear he's not coming back in this series.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Hearing Price may be back for a game 6 or 7 if it gets that far.

That being said, our problem hasn't been goaltending. Tokarski has been great. We need to crash the net and get into Lunquist's face. That's the book on him and that's how you beat him. Till now, we've been ineffective in doing that and that's why we're down 3-1. When we go to the net, we have a lot more success i.e. Galchenyuk's goal, Briere's goal, etc...

#crashthecreasetabarnac!
He's not coming back. And I doubt he'd be in the finals if we get there either.

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
I would not be shocked one bit if Price returned if the series got to a game 7. Not one bit.

I dont see it.

In a do or die game, why would you put your returning from an injury star goalie in it? It's a VERY VERY important match, yes, but Rangers are going to be playing very very hard and you might be risking more than just a loss at that point. But that's not the main reason why I wouldn't play Price if he was healthy in a game 7.

IF, we got to a game 7, we would have gotten there because of Tokarski who at that point would be use to the Rangers system and the Habs would also be sort of used to helping out Tokarski a bit. So every body is kinda of adjusted to it after playing back to back games. But most of all... Tokarski is adjusted to playing two elimination games. Why would you put Carey Price in net?... put aside the fact that Tokarski brought you there (assumingly and IF we got there) but putting in Price in a game 7? I dont know.

If he was healthy, I'd play him tonight. But I dont know if I'd play him if we ever got to a game 7. It's too much of a risk on every angle. Series and player.

But we shouldn't even be talking about game 7. We are far from a game 7. One game at a time.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
We're not getting to the finals.

Game 6...all about game 6!! One game at a time!!

---------------------------- ----------------------- -------------------------

Price (last 48 hrs) update for those who need it!:
2 days ago practiced (very brief, light ''rehab'' practice) without equipment only with skates and regular stick, not a goalie stick... ; and then yesterday practiced with full equipment on (light ''rehab'' brief practice).

PresidentWU

May 25, 2014
I wouldn't be worried about either goalie playing. I feel like Price at least has his puck playing ability which is big.

Coldplay

Courage
Aug 21, 2008
Montréal
Guys, guys...

IMG_7159.png

IMG_6412.png

Obviously this is happening. :sarcasm:

PuckSeparator

May 18, 2014
Check Republik
Tokarski said yesterday that he'd only invite his parents to the Bell Centre if they make it to the SCF... I don't know if he knows for sure that Price isn't coming back but I assume he knows what's going on and he might of invited them if he knew Price had a good chance of returning.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
I don't think Price will be back even if they go to Finals. The practicing might be semi-mind games. See Bishop for example, he was no where close but he was practicing with full gear. When the season was over, his actual injuries was revealed to be dislocated elbow and torn wrist ligaments.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Tokarski said yesterday that he'd only invite his parents to the Bell Centre if they make it to the SCF... I don't know if he knows for sure that Price isn't coming back but I assume he knows what's going on and he might of invited them if he knew Price had a good chance of returning.
At this point would it even make sense to bring him back for this series?

- Tokarski's played well. He's not Price but he's played well.
- Price is hurt. Who knows how good he'd be now if he's not 100 percent?
- Price could re-injure himself and we'd be screwed for next year.

To me we sink or swim with Tokarski. If he can get us to the finals, then we can think about whether or not Price can come in. And my guess is we've probably seen the last of him this season regardless.
I don't think Price will be back even if they go to Finals. The practicing might be semi-mind games. See Bishop for example, he was no where close but he was practicing with full gear. When the season was over, his actual injuries was revealed to be dislocated elbow and torn wrist ligaments.
I think you're probably right.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
If Price plays, I hope he's 100% healthy. It would be dumb to play him now if he's still injured. If he were to completely tear his knee and be out next year, there would be hell to pay.

Disagree. If there is any possible way for him to play....he needs to be in there. I have a gut feeling that the Tokarski magic is over and he will hit the wall in game 6. You can just sense it coming.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->