Post-Game Talk: Pretenders get a shutout victory

Status
Not open for further replies.

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
So you're saying I shouldn't say anything good about our team non-stars after dominating a good team because for 4 games they didn't do that? So should I then forget the other 10 games? Or did you not remember them?
The entire team played a great game. But let’s not suggest it was the coaching or the plugs that were mainly responsible.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
A solid team effort and a good example of how our defense is much better when the forward group supports the D. I'd love me a solid #2 on the right side for this team, but when the forwards are hustling back, contributing in our zone, don't create too large a gap for safe exit passes, cover their assignments with dedication...mmmm, our D group has a chance and Freddy's game suddenly becomes much easier. More of this please.

Its been a problem. They seem to be working on it this year. Fix the Scotiabank Arena BAD ICE. Maybe Babs can work on his matchups and lay off the Brown and Hyman, still think Leivo needs a sniff of top 6 just to see. Johnsson still isn't very good sadly.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008

Thing that pops out to me are the hits and the turnovers.
Goes to show when you don't have the puck you hit more.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Babcock with an excellent game plan.

We stiffled the Pens offense and created our chances off the break

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
The entire team played a great game. But let’s not suggest it was the coaching or the plugs that were mainly responsible.
Coach did his job and the plugs did theirs. Team win as usual.
You suggested that this one victory wasn't enough to imply the coach and the plugs are not good so I pointed out that it's actually 10 games if I discount the 4 games you say they were not good

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
Regarding Babcock and this game, don't forget Pittsburgh has also struggled at home so it might not be half the statement game some are suggesting.

Reactions: CabanaBoy5

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Regarding Babcock and this game, don't forget Pittsburgh has also struggled at home so it might not be half the statement game some are suggesting.
Thought the word was out on how did best us? Did Sullivan just forget to tell his team?

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Phenomenal game tonight, best of the season by far.

Good things happen when Babs hasus engaging and being pro active. I liked the game as well, was entertaining but I think at the same time Pits was pretty flat and disjointed if not rattled by the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad