Post-Game Talk: Pretenders get a shutout victory

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Very please with tonight's performance - a big effort

What a performance by the kids - a complete all round game (job well done)

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Noticed this during the game (and previous games) that Andy is tracking the puck really well during the last few games. When he has his angles covered on the shot before the puck even gets to the shooter he's money.

He's been playing well since the season started because Babcock challenged him during the summer to trim down on his weight, work harder and be prepared for the start of the season...it's not a fluke.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I’m liking our game at the moment.

Even last game was good despite the loss. Hope we are turning a page.

Reactions: Lauro

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
FiRe BaBcOcK!!!!..... Wait.
When this team can beat a heavy team, and not a team that doesn't stifle us, then I'll give Babcock credit. When Babcock comes up with a system that can combat those teams, then I'll give him his due. As someone mentioned before, Babcock may be directly responsible for our abysmal home record because he stifles our offence by his attempts to line match.

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
To the people who are joking about the Babcock haters being so wrong:

Does this not strengthen the argument that Babcock is a detriment when given last change?

Just a thought. Anyways Good Game, start to finish!

Naw, They dominated just as much last game except the deflections were going wide and they were hitting posts. The win against Dallas in Dallas was a much more hard fought and even game.

The ice is a bigger issue than Babcock IMO.

Reactions: stickty111

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Could be that Tavares is pressing a bit at home in his first year as a leaf.
He looks so much more relaxed on the road..

He played well against Dallas too last game...we dominated the Pens tonight like the way we dominated Dallas last game...bad ice at home and the puck didn't go in.

Reactions: Liminality

NoName

Bringer of Playoffs!
Nov 3, 2017
Leafs winning in a shut-out, Montreal losing, Pittsburgh losing (and Kessel not scoring) and Ottawa losing. Nice. If Nashville can finish the third and close out those damned Bruins, this is about as perfect a night as it can get for Leafs fans :nod:

Reactions: Al14

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
When this team can beat a heavy team, and not a team that doesn't stifle us, then I'll give Babcock credit. When Babcock comes up with a system that can combat those teams, then I'll give him his due. As someone mentioned before, Babcock may be directly responsible for our abysmal home record because he stifles our offence by his attempts to line match.
Were the Jets a heavy team?

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
To the people who are joking about the Babcock haters being so wrong:

Does this not strengthen the argument that Babcock is a detriment when given last change?

Just a thought. Anyways Good Game, start to finish!

He challenged the 3rd and 4th lines to play better and it showed tonight, and our top players got it done under his system.

Reactions: stickty111

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
Out coaches and over played plugs manage to some how eke out a win
:sarcasm:
You do realize this club was led by their stars tonight. Tavares, Marner, Reilly, and Andersen were incredible. When the plugs score and pick up our stars when they're having trouble scoring, you can chirp. One game when the plugs actually did their jobs doesn't diminish their terrible play in the previous 4 games.

Guided by Veseys

Nov 14, 2011
That was a beauty of a stat padder.
First time in awhile that a team didn’t look hungry to beat us.
The Pens main guys looked like they had something to do after the game and didn’t want to be tired out, it was terrible effort by them.
Good confidence builder. The team deserved a win.

Myopic

Feb 26, 2017
It's nice not to have to see the name "Ego-cock" in a post-game thread for a change.

Reactions: OddyOh
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad