GDT: ECQF: Game 6 - Toronto Maple Leafs Vs Boston Bruins, 8 p.m. ET, TBS

Status
Not open for further replies.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
If McDavid was out, Oilers don't win the first round. Let's not pretend teams can perform at the same level without their superstar #1 player.

Avs don't win a cup without Makar, Tampa doesn't without Kuch and so on.

Losing a superstar makes a difference, it's comical to suggest otherwise. We've seen what the Oilers look like without McDavid and with all due respect, it's literally a borderline lottery team. You need your superstars to be your superstars if you want to have any success.

So we still expect Hyman to be a 50 goal guy without McDavid am i right ? Not an excuse why he can't perform without him ?
Hyman would still score goals with Draisaitl who is one of the best passers in the world It's called depth

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
Aves won a cup after Forsberg went out - depth.
Pens won a cup with Letang....then won one right after without Letang - Depth
Bolts win a Cuo without Stampkos - Depth.
Once again, you're missing the point. The question isn't if a team has depth. Yes, a team could win without them, but missing one of the game's top players would hurt any team.

The question was would it matter. Yes? No?

I'm not asking who killed Kennedy. It really isn't a hard question. It's one of two answers.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
Well prepare for more heart break
giphy (20).gif

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Aves won a cup after Forsberg went out - depth.
Pens won a cup with Letang....then won one right after without Letang - Depth
Bolts win a Cuo without Stampkos - Depth.
Neither guy was a top 3 player on their respective team lmao and they all had replacements for each guy. They weren't even top 4 on their teams actually.

Comparing those guys to prime Matthews is a joke lmao, it would be like

Avs playing without Makar
Pens playing without Crosby
Bolts playing without Kucherov

Letang was what, maybe the 5th best player ? Sid, Geno, Kessel, Guentzel

Avs had Mackinnon, Makar, Kadri, Toews, Landeskog was the 5th best (Kadri was significantly better that year)

Stamkos was a complete non-factor for Tampa. Kucherov, Vasi, Hedman, Point were the top 4 players

Missing your #1 superstar vs missing your 5th best player are not the same thing

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I can promise you his production would take a significant hit lol, but sure let's live in neverland.
Lol the only ones living in neverland are Leaf’s fans. Where every single criticism of an Oilers players starts with “IF McDavid didn’t exist he wouldn’t score this or that”

In reality though, McDavid does exist and he’s an Edmonton Oiler. And yeh like most good players in this league they can help their wit teammates be better too.

We can play this IF game all day long. Like IF Matthews and Marner didn’t play in Toronto they might not have performance crippling anxiety in the playoffs.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Lol the only ones living in neverland are Leaf’s fans. Where every single criticism of an Oilers players starts with “IF McDavid didn’t exist he wouldn’t score this or that”

In reality though, McDavid does exist and he’s an Edmonton Oiler. And yeh like most good players in this league they can help their wit teammates be better too.

We can play this IF game all day long. Like IF Matthews and Marner didn’t play in Toronto they might not have performance crippling anxiety in the playoffs.
Think you missed the point, poster is suggesting missing Matthews doesn't matter and that teams overcome missing their #1 superstar player and that the Oilers would absolutely pull through without McDavid (Which there is absolutely no evidence to suggest that they would)

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
You forgot about the Referees, Marchand's sleeves, Marner, Samsonov, Keefe, Shanahan and Marchand's bribing the refs. I am sure I am missing a 100 more excuses.
Just to confirm, are you suggesting that missing your best player, in this case Auston Matthews, has no effect on his teams success ? Please confirm or deny.

Reactions: Summer Rose

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Neither guy was a top 3 player on their respective team lmao and they all had replacements for each guy. They weren't even top 4 on their teams actually.

Comparing those guys to prime Matthews is a joke lmao, it would be like

Avs playing without Makar
Pens playing without Crosby
Bolts playing without Kucherov

Letang was what, maybe the 5th best player ? Sid, Geno, Kessel, Guentzel

Avs had Mackinnon, Makar, Kadri, Toews, Landeskog was the 5th best (Kadri was significantly better that year)

Stamkos was a complete non-factor for Tampa. Kucherov, Vasi, Hedman, Point were the top 4 players

Missing your #1 superstar vs missing your 5th best player are not the same thing
lmao ... Peter Forsberg was not a top player on the Aves.??

Stamps not a top player on the Bolts??

conversation done

Letang not the best dman on the Pens ??

🤣🤣🤣

BTW leafs have lost is the first round WITH Matthews 6 times.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Think you missed the point, poster is suggesting missing Matthews doesn't matter and that teams overcome missing their #1 superstar player and that the Oilers would absolutely pull through without McDavid (Which there is absolutely no evidence to suggest that they would)
I dunno. Drai being one of the greatest playoff performers of all time is some evidence that would pull through.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
lmao ... Peter Forsberg was not a top player on the Aves.??

Stamps not a top player on the Bolts??
conversation done

Letang not the best dman on the Pens ??

BTW leafs have lost is the first round WITH Matthews 6 times.
I did not mention Peter Forsberg anywhere, and that's pre-salary cap era ?

You think Stamkos has been the best player, or top 4 player on Tampa ? Please let me know if you think he has been better than Kuch, Hedman, Vasi and Point

Even more clueless of a post that I originally thought LOL.

You think Letang was more important than Sid, Geno, Kessel and Guentzel on their last 2 cup runs ? :laugh:

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Play these trolling games with someone else, thx.
What trolling games lmfao, you can't answer a simple question ? Do you believe that missing Auston Matthews, the teams best player, has absolutely no effect on his teams success ? Because you have been insinuating that in many of your posts, I just want to clarify.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
I did not mention Peter Forsberg anywhere, and that's pre-salary cap era ?

You think Stamkos has been the best player, or top 4 player on Tampa ? Please let me know if you think he has been better than Kuch, Hedman, Vasi and Point

Even more clueless of a post that I originally thought LOL.

You think Letang was more important than Sid, Geno, Kessel and Guentzel on their last 2 cup runs ? :laugh:
I mentioned Forsberg.....Stamps .....Letang.
You proceeded to shit on all three..

What trolling games lmfao, you can't answer a simple question ? Do you believe that missing Auston Matthews, the teams best player, has absolutely no effect on his teams success ? Because you have been insinuating that in many of your posts, I just want to clarify.

[QUOTE="PaulD, post: 195299803, member:
delete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Carlton Blues @ Sydney Swans
    Carlton Blues @ Sydney Swans
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $3,470.00
    Event closes