Post-Game Talk: Pretenders get a shutout victory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
You do realize this club was led by their stars tonight. Tavares, Marner, Reilly, and Andersen were incredible. When the plugs score and pick up our stars when they're having trouble scoring, you can chirp. One game when the plugs actually did their jobs doesn't diminish their terrible play in the previous 4 games.

The bottom 2 lines played incredible tonight...helping to keep the sustain pressure. It was a total team effort.

Reactions: meng666 and rubous

frizzer1

Oct 19, 2013
When Marleau scored that pp goal last game, the puck seemed to be deflected by Hyman....
But he has still not been given an assist ..
So did he touch the puck or not?

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Does this not strengthen the argument that Babcock is a detriment when given last change?
I don't know. I honestly don't agree with the assessment that we were just rolling lines tonight. I was watching the Pens feed, and they were several times drawing attention to some terrific line changes done by the leafs to get the matchups they wanted. And I don't think there's any advantage in having to make line changes on the fly to chase matchups, so I don't think that argument works.

The Pens feed had some glowing praise for our team all night though.

frizzer1

Oct 19, 2013
If Marner keeps playing like this a gets a few bounces he could be right up there with the leading scorers all season.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
You do realize this club was led by their stars tonight. Tavares, Marner, Reilly, and Andersen were incredible. When the plugs score and pick up our stars when they're having trouble scoring, you can chirp. One game when the plugs actually did their jobs doesn't diminish their terrible play in the previous 4 games.
So you're saying I shouldn't say anything good about our team non-stars after dominating a good team because for 4 games they didn't do that? So should I then forget the other 10 games? Or did you not remember them?

Reactions: Liminality

frizzer1

Oct 19, 2013
I've been reading for years on this forum that Rielly is not a # 1 defenceman..
Anyone still think that?

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
I don't know. I honestly don't agree with the assessment that we were just rolling lines tonight. I was watching the Pens feed, and they were several times drawing attention to some terrific line changes done by the leafs to get the matchups they wanted. And I don't think there's any advantage in having to make line changes on the fly to chase matchups, so I don't think that argument works.

The Pens feed had some glowing praise for our team all night though.

Yup, was watching the same feed. Btw Nithoniniel, where are the post game grades you used to hand out? I quite enjoyed them.

Reactions: nofehr

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Huge bounce back win! I hope they keep the road form going as I'm going to 2 games in December on the road.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Good game, Babs had us moving, very pro active. Guys did their job. Enjoyed the game.

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
A solid team effort and a good example of how our defense is much better when the forward group supports the D. I'd love me a solid #2 on the right side for this team, but when the forwards are hustling back, contributing in our zone, don't create too large a gap for safe exit passes, cover their assignments with dedication...mmmm, our D group has a chance and Freddy's game suddenly becomes much easier. More of this please.

Reactions: thewave

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Yup, was watching the same feed. Btw Nithoniniel, where are the post game grades you used to hand out? I quite enjoyed them.
Yeah, I've had to cut them, at least for now. They take quite a bit of time to write, and require absolute focus during the games for me to do them justice. I just haven't had the time, unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad