Jansen can't hit
Fire Shapiro and Atkins
Montoyo only likes to bunt

Oh and Derek Jeter and George Brett are the greatest players ever

*breathy laugh* They sure are, Sticky.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
Could be bs but

If he was specifically talking about the teams at the top, it makes perfect sense. Join Detroit/Baltimore/KC in their continued tankathons or a team that's starting to spend money to add top talent to one of the most exciting young cores in the game?

Last edited:
Reactions: canucksfan

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC

full

full

Blue team seems to be crushing it. Blue team's gonna have to pick it up.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
Its worded weirdly, but I'm pretty sure the Tweet is implying that Kumar Rocker was asking Martin where he'd like to be drafted, and he answered Toronto or Miami. Its not implying that Rocker wants to be drafted by Toronto. We can deduce this because Martin is the one from Florida, whereas Rocker is from Georgia.

Yeah, the way it's written is awkward but it definitely means Martin wanted Toronto to draft him.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Games without fans are going to be strange to watch ... Have to imagine it will be a challenge on the players to focus in on the big moments of the game as well .. No fan buzz or cheering.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
They should stick a bunch of iPads On mannequins around the stadium and have people call a confrence line.

that way we can see faces and hear the crowd at the same Time.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009

Hazel seems to think eventually these inter squad games will be televised.

From a broadcast employee from reddit;

Rogers has nothing to do with the logistics of the broadcast... they didn’t know they were even playing in Toronto let alone jerry rigging up one of the mobiles that will be used. It’s a lot harder than people know and are aware of.

We are not Rogers employees. We are freelancers. I’ve done an AMA on this topic and more - you can probably find the thread somewhere.

Too be brief: the gear does not reside in the dome. We use a mobile tv truck that is provided by a third party. Sportsnet decided to do the games next week. I will not be involved with those ones as I’ll be hiking in a forest somewhere

There are about 30 people on the technical side that produce the games for sportsnet. There are countless others behind the scenes. When you add all the safety protocols due to COVID on top of the normal stuff, no one even knew if anyone was going to be allowed in the building at all during the pre season.

Things are changing minute by minute. You’re going to have to give everyone a break on this year. We are just happy some of us will be going back to work, hopefully. They could still pull the plug at any minute, so, let’s just hope everyone stays healthy and we can show you all the games.

It’s been a challenging environment. Everyone wants to get back to work, to cover the games, but the TV mobiles have to get retro fitted for Covid and up until just a few days ago, we didn’t really know if there was going to be a season, we are all stressed and tired just like everyone else. We’ll get those 60 games on soon enough and hopefully everyone stays safe and healthy doing it.

Last edited:

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
I read where he was throwing so he can handle it.

Baseball is rushing to real games. I hope management and pitchers across MLB recognize the potential dangers of ramping up too quickly. Once the games are for real, the competitive streak takes over. None of these guys will be holding back. It would be sad to see more arm injuries for this shortened season.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
What did Shaw expect? They were going to strictly enforce it for "spring" training and then when the season starts sure go do whatever you like? What exactly would be the point of doing it for 2 weeks then when you're travelling back and forth to the US over and over all season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad