GDT: Preseason Toronto vs Montreal September 24, 2017, 7:30 PM, TSN4, Scotiabank Arena

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Yeah I definitely like the look of the second line. The future looks bright. Even if we made a trade or two on the wings for something else down the road... it wouldn't hurt much with the other guys we have coming along.

67Cup

Sep 16, 2005
I could see Grundstrom- Brooks- Bracco as the Marlies top line by part way through the season. And, if so, this board may be speculating/debating about which should be the next to get a look see by the Leafs.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Marlies or Steelers going to be any easy choice as to which one to watch and which one to pass on for your sports entertainment time tonight. :wg:
I'll still PVR the Steelers. If the Leaf game keeps my interest I'll start watching after the Leafs end.

Once

Stop ******* crying bro
Jul 16, 2010
Is liljegren sitting out or with the Wednesday squad? Interesting that Sandin gets another round over him.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Does Babcock really not understand why Tavares+Matthews+Marner+Rielly+Kadri is a stacked unit? Is it because they don't have an unskilled grinder?

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
I still can't believe he put Goat in Hyman's spot. The one guy who he's sure won't make Hyman look bad.

that is hilarious.
Babcock will guard Hymans spot in the top-6 with his life.

Does Babcock really not understand why Tavares+Matthews+Marner+Rielly+Kadri is a stacked unit? Is it because they don't have an unskilled grinder?

Definitely not a stacked unit in Babs' books. It's lacking Hyman and Brown for some gudpro fortification.

Reactions: Once

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I really like Grundstrom moves to Brooks' wing. Grundstom is my most optimistic AHL contributor this year, while Brooks has been maybe the most impressive kid in camp.

Oh god Marincin and Carrick again

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Are we going to go through another whole season of people *****ing about Hyman and making ludicrous accusations such as this one?

No doubt about it. The team could win the President's Trophy, and the Cup, with Hyman getting 50 points and the cup winning goal... people would still complain. I do bet he has a career high in points this year, barring injury.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
No doubt about it. The team could win the President's Trophy, and the Cup, with Hyman getting 50 points and the cup winning goal... people would still complain. I do bet he has a career high in points this year, barring injury.

I bet not. But whatever, I am not going to harp on him. He is good player to have. Plays his role well, just don't think he will top 40 points.

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008
Are we going to go through another whole season of people *****ing about Hyman and making ludicrous accusations such as this one?
Lol

As I’ve always said Hyman’s lin is the top line. Whoever he plays with is the top line center

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Yeah I definitely like the look of the second line. The future looks bright. Even if we made a trade or two on the wings for something else down the road... it wouldn't hurt much with the other guys we have coming along.
The Marlies look like they have a nice group going forward. We are building a nice feeder system to the big club. So when a Bracco of Grundstrom are ready for the next step, a kid like SDA joins the Marlies. With a Dermott promotion, you have a kid like Sandin gearing up for his AHL experience.
Finally a management team that gets what we’ve been saying since 2008. Keep drafting and the young guys flowing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad