GDT: Preseason Toronto vs Montreal September 24, 2017, 7:30 PM, TSN4, Scotiabank Arena

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orfieus

Nov 2, 2012
Atlantic Canada
9 who qualify by my count:

Cracknell (100+ career games)
Greening (100+ career games)
Jooris (100+ career games)
Kapanen (30+ games last season)
Borgman (30+ games last season)
Carrick (100+ career games)
Marcinin (100+ career games)
Sandin (first round draft pick from most recent draft)
McElhinney (100+ career games, dressed 50+ games last season)

lol, I wonder if Toronto is mocking the preseason rules with this lineup?!?

Reactions: saffronleaf

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
so something like..

Andreas Johnsson - Par Lindholm - Kasperi Kapanen
Pierre Engvall - Adam Brooks - Jeremy Bracco
Carl Grundstrom - Adam Cracknell - Trevor Moore
Dmytro Timashov - Josh Jooris - Colin Greening

Borgman - Carrick
Sandin - Holl
Marincin - Subban

Curtis McElhinney
Garret Sparks

Well. They'll be a hard-working bunch.
Lol. I literally think they want to see if our Marlies team can beat the Habs NHL team.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Looks like a final cuts type roster.

Isn't there a minimum number of NHLers you're supposed to ice in pre-season?

It's gonna be ugly tonight.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Johnsson and kap have to pick it up
This should be a kick in the arese
Yeah at this stage of their career, these 2 need to show why they have a spot unlike the rest who show they are fighting for a spot.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Looks like a final cuts type roster.

Isn't there a minimum number of NHLers you're supposed to ice in pre-season?

It's gonna be ugly tonight.

It’s 8;
- Players who played 30+ games in the previous season
- Players who played 100+ games in their career
- Players who were drafted in the first round in the most recent draft.

Someone posted that the Leafs have 9 guys who meet the criteria

Reactions: heybuddyhowyadoing

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
McElhinny and Sparks splitting the game again? That's the main roster battle I'll be watching. They'll be in tough with this AHL squad.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Bethcha we win tonight. This is a big game for this roster, most riding the cut list. Every game is a chance for someone to get off the list.
I think the whole lineup goes hard and beats the Habs.
This lineup is a challenge game from Babs and I'm sure the guys are up to the task

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Yeah at this stage of their career, these 2 need to show why they have a spot unlike the rest who show they are fighting for a spot.

It’s probably a big reason why they are in this game. It’s a test for that line I think.

Like, remove that line and replace them with other guys and we still meet the Veterans Minimum. They easily could be playing Wednesday with the main group, but I think Babcock is challenging them to step up more than their first two games.

Not that they have been bad or anything, but this is the chance for them to have the focus on them and maybe prove they shouldn’t be on the 4th line

Reactions: Liminality

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
It’s probably a big reason why they are in this game. It’s a test for that line I think.

Like, remove that line and replace them with other guys and we still meet the Veterans Minimum. They easily could be playing Wednesday with the main group, but I think Babcock is challenging them to step up more than their first two games.

Not that they have been bad or anything, but this is the chance for them to have the focus on them and maybe prove they shouldn’t be on the 4th line
They started to come on from the 2nd period on of the last game. I think they will be fine, unfortunately not everyone is in final form after 4 preseason games. It looks like it takes these 2 a bunch of games to hit their stride. Probably why Kapanen didn’t make the roster straight up last year. But after a handful of games, they are going again. Slow starters.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
So who does this leave to play with the big boys in lieu of Johnsson-Lindholm-Kapanen?

interesting question.

I think maybe Babcock is going to play the guys who play the best tonight in the next game.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF

Interesting morning skate groups.

LoVerde is skating with the NHL group, while Holl and Carrick are both with the AHL group. Which initially I thought was because of the game tonight, but then I saw the 4th line, who is playing tonight, is still skating with the NHL group.

It likely still doesn’t mean much, but I do think it’s a kick in the butt of Holl, and Carrick that neither of them are really winning at this point

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Yuck, what a lineup.
Feel for those at the ACC but this is why you don't buy pre-season tickets until the roster is announced.

This will be an easy one to miss.

Marlies or Steelers going to be any easy choice as to which one to watch and which one to pass on for your sports entertainment time tonight. :wg:

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Montreal's lineup.

Dn3WEI6VAAE7hSu.jpg

67Cup

Sep 16, 2005
I hope Kristen also posts the PK units. The fact that Johnsson is on the number two pp unit suggests he will make the team even with his slow start to the exhibition games.

Re the number one pp unit, yep, completely drool worthy. The key thing will be learning to share the puck, IMO. A lot of those guys are accustomed to having the puck on their sticks. But they are all smart. They’ll learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->