GDT: Preseason Toronto vs Montreal September 24, 2017, 7:30 PM, TSN4, Scotiabank Arena

Status
Not open for further replies.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
so something like..

Andreas Johnsson - Par Lindholm - Kasperi Kapanen
Pierre Engvall - Adam Brooks - Jeremy Bracco
Carl Grundstrom - Adam Cracknell - Trevor Moore
Dmytro Timashov - Josh Jooris - Colin Greening

Borgman - Carrick
Sandin - Holl
Marincin - Subban

Curtis McElhinney
Garret Sparks

Well. They'll be a hard-working bunch.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
I like the 7:30pm starts... I can never get everything done in time and be ready to watch the game by 7:00. I still don't end up getting to watch too many games live... but sometimes I can catch up by the 3rd period.
I just switched to a 3:30pm to 2:30am shift...I'm just glad PVR's are a norm now. Just gotta hope people don't update me on scores while working.

biotk

Jan 3, 2017
Buffalo
That's just me speculating

I would imagine the following game will have:

Rielly-Hainsey
Gardiner-Zaitsev
Dermott-Ozhiganov
(with Rosen going in if Dermott is still injured)

As they are still carrying 16 D that leaves Liljegren, Neilsen, LoVerde (and either Rosen or Dermott) sitting out.

As Subban is a young RHD who hadn't played yet, Liljegren made more sense to sit over Holl and Carrick.

TheBigThree

Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Leivo on the main squad!? Also lilly missing. I'm so glad babcock is sending warning shots to kappy and johnsson because they really need to start stepping up

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
that roster is a shot across the bows of Johnsson, Kapanen, Carrick, (and Marincin I guess).

they have to be way, way better to keep their spots.

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
Could Kappy and AJ be struggling to adjust to Par?

I want to see them play against other teams 4th lines I think they will be quite a handful for most teams. They will get what 8 minutes of ES ice max? They should be buzzing and skating circles around other team's 4th lines. Remember Leafs play Ottawa/Montreal/Detroit/Buffalo like what 18-20 times this year. That's like 5th line territory too.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Could Kappy and AJ be struggling to adjust to Par?

I want to see them play against other teams 4th lines I think they will be quite a handful for most teams. They will get what 8 minutes of ES ice max? They should be buzzing and skating circles around other team's 4th lines. Remember Leafs play Ottawa/Montreal/Detroit/Buffalo like what 18-20 times this year. That's like 5th line territory too.
Lindholm looks like the best player on the line. that shouldn't be the case if he's also the one bringing them down

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
No stars in this one. Giving bubble players chance to shine. Leafs PR on Twitter

Shows us Leivo might finally have made it. What else? Lindholm has to make it..no other center for the 4th line. Does it also mean one of johnsson or kap is going back to marlies.

I know Ennis has made the team..albeit itll be on kadri's once nylander signs. So that means Leivo Kadri Ennis or Brown Kadri Ennis

Then...Levio Lindholm Kap/Johnsson?

No, it doesn't really show us anything about who is on the opening night lineup at all.

Hockey Crazy

Dec 30, 2008
Of course the one game I get tickets to.

Interesting that they don't have liljigren there. Also we still have better C depth than Montreal.

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
Whoa,

Almost a 2018 Calder cup alumni team on our side.

Hoping the Habs ice their NHL squad so we can get closest we have been to an answer on whether or not the best team in the AHL can beat the worst team in the NHL.
I don't want to see habs fans happy about anything for at least a decade. This includes pre season victories.

I want a cacophony of booing and fans losing their minds causing them to leave early.

But I'm probably being selfish here. :laugh:

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I don't want to see habs fans happy about anything for at least a decade. This includes pre season victories.

I want a cacophony of booing and fans losing their minds causing them to leave early.

But I'm probably being selfish here. :laugh:
I'm sure their fans felt the same way about the Leafs when they were losing a lot prior to the 2016-2017 season, so I don't think you are being selfish.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
So if the "NHL Lineup" looks like this:

Marleau - Matthews - Ennis
Hyman - Tavares - Marner
Leivo - Kadri - Brown
Johnsson - Par - Kappy

Rielly - Hainsey
Jake - Zaitsev
Dermott - Ozzy
(Borgman)

then I guess the AHL lineup looks like this?

Timashov - Mueller - SDA
Clark - Brooks - Bracco
Engvall - Greening - Jooris
Grundstrom - Cracknell - Moore
(Clune - Goat*)

Marincin - Carrick
Rosen - Holl
Sandin - Lilly
(Nielsen)

Leivo isn't on the NHL lineup because the real NHL lineup likely starts this

Marleau Matthews Nylander

Hyman Tavares Marner

Ennis Kadri Brown

Kapanen Lindholm Johnsson

The moment Nylander is singed Leivo is out

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
It’s not really a warning shot. They need to ice a 8 “veterans”.
Lindholm and Johnsson aren't even considered a veteran under the preseason rule...less than 30 games in the NHL last season.

So who does this leave to play with the big boys in lieu of Johnsson-Lindholm-Kapanen?
It's not a back to back game, so it's conceivable they play both games. Babcock is probably just letting them get some extra game time together to get their ars's in gear.

After missing the last 2 games, it kind of sucks having to watch the Marlies tonight but there are still some nice pieces playing.
I know, I'm itching to see the monster squad too but I also am enjoying watching guys like Sandin, Brooks, and Moore against NHL competition.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Yuck, what a lineup.
Feel for those at the ACC but this is why you don't buy pre-season tickets until the roster is announced.

This will be an easy one to miss.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
The lineup tonight is definitely the "Show me what you got" lineup. Pretty much all the bubble players in this game or the ones that haven't exactly shined and need to step up.

Seems like Babcock has a good idea of who's on the team and the lines so far seem to match that.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Teams are required to dress a minimum of 8 veterans for pre-season games.

renderTimingPixel.png

The official verbiage in the CBA:
15.4 Exhibition Games.
(c) A Club shall be permitted to dress a minimum of eight (8) veterans for any Exhibition Game. For purposes of this Section 15.4(c), a veteran shall constitute either:
(1) a forward or defenseman who played in thirty (30) NHL Games during the previous season,
(2) a goaltender who either dressed in fifty (50) or more NHL Games or played in thirty (30) or more NHL Games in the previous season,
(3) a first round draft choice from the most recent year's Entry Draft, or
(4) any Player who has played one-hundred (100) or more career NHL Games.

Reactions: DarkKnight
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad