GDT: Preseason Toronto vs Montreal September 24, 2017, 7:30 PM, TSN4, Scotiabank Arena

Status
Not open for further replies.

ICECOLDBEER

Apr 2, 2017
Random idea but would it make sense to put someone like Rosen on the power play? Someone with a big shot. I know preseason but he got a goal last night. Rielly and Gardiner don’t get me wrong are great puck movers/carriers but do you really need that when you have guys like Marner, Nylander, Matthews who can get the puck into the zone. Rielly had 6 goals last year and Gardiner 5 not sure how many were power play. Do they really offer that much more than someone like Rosen once they are in the zone and setup? My thinking is that other teams can cheat off those two because theyre not worried about a big shot. Did they have a lot of primary power play assists or was it more like they just gave it to Marner to work his magic? Not saying I’m right just throwing an idea out there.

LeafShark

Feb 2, 2010
Why can't we just have the Marlies play as a second Toronto team this season.... to round out the teams to 32 and provide extra revenue? They could legitimately be better than at least 12 teams and have a shot at the playoffs.

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
Why can't we just have the Marlies play as a second Toronto team this season.... to round out the teams to 32 and provide extra revenue? They could legitimately be better than at least 12 teams and have a shot at the playoffs.

You’re seriously underestimating how good even the worst NHL team is.

There’s absolutely no way the Marlies would be better than 12 teams and be a playoff threat. They’d be in the basement.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
You’re seriously underestimating how good even the worst NHL team is.

There’s absolutely no way the Marlies would be better than 12 teams and be a playoff threat. They’d be in the basement.
Obviously we know that will never happen. However do you think there is an argument to be made that the Marlies would be better than the 54 point Buffalo Sabres team from 2015 and the 48 point Colorado Avalanche team from 2017?

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
Obviously we know that will never happen. However do you think there is an argument to be made that the Marlies would be better than the 54 point Buffalo Sabres team from 2015 and the 48 point Colorado Avalanche team from 2017?

Honestly, I really don’t think there’s much of an argument to say the Marlies would be better than either of those teams.

You’re right, we will never know, but you’d largely be throwing a team from a feeder league into the NHL which is composed mostly of players who will never be good enough to be full time NHLers.

Yes we’ve seen some dreadful bottom feeders such as your examples, but they are still NHL teams with NHL players on them. The Marlies would get slaughtered all season long.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Roster released. Pretty much the AHL
squad with the exception of Johnsson-Lindholm-Kapanen, as well as Sparks-McBackup

Reactions: Liminality

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
I like Subban but I'd rather see Lilly play. oh well. this roster is still fairly interesting with guys like Bracco and Engvall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad