GDT: Preseason Toronto vs Montreal September 24, 2017, 7:30 PM, TSN4, Scotiabank Arena

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Also says McBackup would clear but I guess assumes Spark would be claimed, when a team is more likely to claim McBackup than Sparks

Why would you think that? We got Pickard because Vegas preferred Subban, a worse goalie with less of a track record due to his upside.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I think we are absolutely screwed if Andersen goes down for any significant period of time. I guess many teams can say that, but I still feel we are weak behind Andy. McElhinney can not handle a starters load, I don't care how good of a backup he is. Pickard and Sparks are pretty meh.

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014

Expecting this board to melt down when this happens

Lmao when it comes to goalies this guy makes 0 sense. He has flat out said on his podcast that he could see the leafs trading Andersen sometime and rolling sparks and someone else for 41 games each

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Why would you think that? We got Pickard because Vegas preferred Subban, a worse goalie with less of a track record due to his upside.

Because Malcolm Subban was 23 and considered a guy with starting potential and Garret Sparks is 25 and is a guy with backup potential.

Also McBackup is also considered a a far better backup goalie than Pickard was a year ago.

So yeah, that’s about the least similar scenario you could bring up

Reactions: DarkKnight

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
Lol f*** off Hudon, that knee contact only happened cause he jumped out of the way like a wuss

Melo Meds

Jul 30, 2018
How is that a penalty? Hudon tried to jump out of the way and got his leg clipped. Could understand if Borgman stuck his leg out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad