GDT: Preseason Toronto vs Montreal September 24, 2017, 7:30 PM, TSN4, Scotiabank Arena

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
The most welcome words a lawyer defending an appeal could hear are "Mr. Smith, we don't need to hear from you."

The Court of Appeal only says this when, after hearing the Appellants lawyer, they have already decided to dismiss the appeal and there is no case to answer.

Sparks is back out for the third.

Mr. McElhinney, we don't need to hear from you.

Reactions: Azazel and Zizzzzy

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
This game
giphy.gif

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
I am slowly doing a 180 on Kapanen. I honestly thought he was just snakebitten last year, but he really has not inspired a ton of confidence this preseason.
Meh, only a couple preseason games. This game no one has really stood out. If he's still struggling in mid- January sure maybe.

I'm always amazed how much stock some people put into a couple preseason games.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Kap is great on the PK, his speed is a real asset there... but he doesn't finish near the number of chances that he should.

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
I am slowly doing a 180 on Kapanen. I honestly thought he was just snakebitten last year, but he really has not inspired a ton of confidence this preseason.

My biggest issue is he tries to use his skating too much.

In a problem? Skate out of it.
Not in a problem? Skate into it.

He needs to learn he doesn't have to go 0-100 all the time with the puck.

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
Mac gets picked up on waivers for sure, wtf is Mirtle talking about. Bad look for him here.
I agree. I don't think McE makes it through waivers. He was really good lst year, and looks good again in the pre-season.

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
a couple preseason games in addition to 55 other games, you mean?
How many players look good playing on the 4th line? He's always been a player who should be in the top 9, and with a good center like Kadri. He's also a really good PKer.

Like I said wait until half way through this season. Hopefully he plays himself onto the 3rd line.

Obliviate

Jun 26, 2018
I'm ok with McElhinney, but that then means they're going to play Andersen into the ground again. That's why people wished Sparks would work out so that Freddy wouldn't play 65 games and be tired again when the playoffs start.
not it doesn't. Keeping sparks over McBackup does. Mac is a reliable backup who could reasonably start 25 games

roosterman

Feb 4, 2008
The funny thing is even with Sparks having a rough game he still may end up in the NHL this year when the Leafs put him on waivers. Could they get a pick for him in a trade?

Sinkkunaattori

Go Waffles Go
Aug 5, 2011
That whole Lindholm line has been quite invisible, had to re-check the lineup if Johnsson was playing, I dont think I've heard his name once throughout the game.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
“The Leafs should give the spot to the struggling goalie who has never proven himself at the NHL level instead of the veteran who has done nothing but be great in the net for us since he got here”

Also says McBackup would clear but I guess assumes Spark would be claimed, when a team is more likely to claim McBackup than Sparks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad