GDT: Preseason Toronto vs Montreal September 24, 2017, 7:30 PM, TSN4, Scotiabank Arena

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Because Malcolm Subban was 23 and considered a guy with starting potential and Garret Sparks is 25 and is a guy with backup potential.

Also McBackup is also considered a a far better backup goalie than Pickard was a year ago.

So yeah, that’s about the least similar scenario you could bring up

What if people around the league view Sparks as having starting potential?

What if they judge McBackup more for his many years of mediocrity instead of his 18 brilliant games last season?

I don't agree with your assumptions.

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
Noo borgman.

Sounds like he hasn't been good either. I knew we would give joy to these habfrauds tonight.

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
What if people around the league view Sparks as having starting potential?

What if they judge McBackup more for his many years of mediocrity instead of his 18 brilliant games last season?

I don't agree with your assumptions.

By all accounts, Sparks was going to be given the back up role. The problem is he didn't perform. McBackup has only reaffirmed what he did last season.

I agree McBackup is mediocre, but Sparks can only blame himself.

Reactions: Loosie

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
Also, I’m not worried at all about Johnsson and Kapanen. So many guys play super well in camp and end up bombing once the real games begin, and vice versa. We’ve seen them play well in both the regular season and playoffs, games that actually matter.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Also, I’m not worried at all about Johnsson and Kapanen. So many guys play super well in camp and end up bombing once the real games begin, and vice versa. We’ve seen them play well in both the regular season and playoffs, games that actually matter.
Agreed.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada

tumblr_orto23e2fv1rp0vkjo1_500.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad