GDT: Preseason Game 7: Sabres vs. Penguins, 7 PM. MSG and NHL Network

TheBarnIsElectric

Sponsor
Jun 15, 2010
Cozens played a bad preseason and I would give him 8x8 today, personally. Not worried at all. He can and will play better than he played tonight for a long time.

This sums up my thoughts on the game. Give me this D game 1...

Sammy/Dahlin
Power/EJohnson
RyJo/Clifton

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
That is the problem with giving kids big bucks on long term contracts too early. The TNT contract is golden. Not sure about giving the same to Cozens.
No worries LT. Cozens is from the Yukon. He will straighten out. There's no prima donna in his game.

He may not have prep'd properly for the season but I am convinced his work ethic will not allow him to just glide.

Cozens played a bad preseason and I would give him 8x8 today, personally. Not worried at all. He can and will play better than he played tonight for a long time.

Sammy/Dahlin
Power/EJohnson
RyJo/Clifton

Hold that thought on the d pairing (yours are solid!) and let's see what Donnie offers up and compare.

Reactions: TheMistyStranger

GrierIsGod123

Oct 22, 2009
Orchard Park

Sammy/Dahlin
Power/EJohnson
RyJo/Clifton

I agree…I’m totally comfortable with his contract as he’ll always fill an important role. I’m not convinced he’s the answer long term at 2C though. We will see.

Once he takes the step into being a better two way player…that’s when we’ll really become a winning team.

BuffaloMango

Mar 14, 2023
People regret giving DYLAN COZENS a long term deal because of a preseason. This board is gonna be a doozy this year.

I don’t mind Cozens. Somebody posted “what if Mitts is better” I think that’s the case already is all.

beerme1

Jun 27, 2011
I watched this while distracted and just want to say, thank God the pre season is over. Screw this shit. Probably feel and say that every year so c'mon NHL. Enough of this extended pre season.

Reactions: Fearnot

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Samuelsson - Dahlin please

Also, I’m not yet sure that Adams really found the top 4 D, and that was very important.

Our goalies... (Hey Kevyn)

Reactions: elchud

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
Dahlin - Clifton a literal dumpster fire

Levi not sharp. Basically playing at UPL/Comrie level.
Pre season c'mon first time all 3 on the ice w same jersey

Clifton can think and play fast and didn't hit anymore ( like maybe the game doesn't matter) because why?

E johnson is going to be a great sabre for two years if we can protect his health, real calm , command of the puck Also playing 80 percent.

This board is bunch of angry passive agressive women ( all on their periods, refusing to do painkillers even though it's finished on the 12th and it will be a good build) harping about a remodel just as it's finished. Jeez.

I'm sorry you want me to commiserate, no rational solutions Waaaauuughhhh. We still suck . Lets all kill ourselves before the season starts as the league won't give us the cup.. wasaauuuugghh Were not completely ready and synched up w the new guys Donny sucks we need a new boyfriend w money. Where are my heels. I'm the hottest thing on the planet this took to long its too late. Waaaauuugh , i hate the sabres. They hurt me im gonna hurts them.

Did you put a xanax in my drink , No that sleazy dude over there did, I'm just here looking out for you definitely nobody is taking advantage just sleep, ill wake you and the insufferable board up on the 12th , this sabre team might be good enough to handle the negativity and trauma even though there is No F n reason for it

Benson is just another reason to watch what we've all been waiting for w Quinn a free addition ar crunch time. Chill we'll have growing pains but after 15 games nobody is hating on KA as Donny Captain Granato has got the controls

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Diaspora

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
The team that just won the Cup has a worse preseason record than we do, there’s never a good reason to overreact to the preseason. Still have all 82 games ahead of us.

Reactions: BUCKSHOT

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
Pre season c'mon first time all 3 on the ice w same jersey

Clifton can think and play fast and didn't hit anymore because why?

E johnson is going to be a great sabre for two years if we can protect his health

This board is bunch of angry passive agressive women ( all on their periods, refusing to do painkillers even though it's finished on the 12th and it will be a good build) harping about a remodel just as it's finished. Jeez.
I had no issue with the game in general because it’s preseason, but Clifton seemed pretty lost out there. I’m sure he’ll look better this year, but we have a non-exhibition game Thursday. I hope Samuelsson is paired with Dahlin to start.

Reactions: Fjordy

Fearnot

Nov 13, 2013
New York
I don't invest much into preseason games because the games don't mean anything. Just glad our guys didn't get hurt and Donny probably got a lot of info out of our players and new expectations. Detroit lions had an undefeated preseason then went 0-15. Tuch and Tage will step up when they need to.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00