GDT: Preseason Game 7: Sabres vs. Penguins, 7 PM. MSG and NHL Network

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
It's preseason but unless he somehow pulls his head out of his ass Clifton looks like our worst FA signing since Leino. He looks worse than poor Risto ever did and that's one hell of a bar to clear.
Gudas looks great. Wish we could have grabbed him instead,

Reactions: sabremike

GrierIsGod123

Oct 22, 2009
Orchard Park
Well let's state the obvious... Tage has yet to pull it all together.

Saw some flashes where he drove the net but he's not at the top of his game at all.

And it pulls the 1st line down.
Tuch is skating well … but also not up to his good level. Lots of dumb passes and poor defensive play from that line.

Cozens was the worst player on the team this preseason imo. He literally did nothing and his stone hands looked worse than normal. We can’t afford to have these guys take a large step back.

CaliSabresfan24

Aug 21, 2021
San Jose,CA
G:
-JJ
-Greenway-Mitts-Benson line
Benson stays!

B:
-Really starting to question the Clifton signing.... Dude can not play with Dahlin
-Power needs to stop losing the puck to much smaller players if he wants a payday.. I am not paying the kid north of 8 mil AAV until he add more of a edge to his game and cleans it up defensively
- 1st line
-Dahlin didn't look anything like a Norris candidate tonight.
-Levi needs to stop a few of those goals

U:
Team defense... My god Clifton was completely out of position a lot tonight.

I'm trying to not overreact because its preseason but that Pens team is a group of senior citizens and they handed this team a complete ass whooping.

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
I’m not really concerned with most of what transpired that game. It’s preseason, there is minimal hitting, guys are trying to get back into the swing of things without getting hurt.

My biggest concern is Clifton. He looks totally lost like he has no idea where he is even supposed to be. He was directly involved in like 5 GA. I’m kind of hoping they bury him on the bottom pair until he learns the system or gets going.

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
Was kinda hoping to not see a 6+ goal against game already, even if its just preseason lol.

I guess no one or two players was going to fix the defensive issues on the team since they are that bad at it. And I'm not sure the mindset or systems they need are something that are going to happen overnight in camp. Fingers crossed they get incrementally better at least as the season goes on.

Reactions: Tijuana Donkey Show

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
G:
-JJ
Benson stays!

B:
-Really starting to question the Clifton signing.... Dude can not play with Dahlin
-Power needs to stop losing the puck to much smaller players if he wants a payday.. I am not paying the kid north of 8 mil AAV until he add more of a edge to his game and cleans it up defensively
- 1st line

U:

I'm trying to not overreact because its preseason but that Pens team is a group of senior citizens and they handed this team a complete ass whooping.
I don't know the inside on this but when players tell the coach that they don't need to play the pre-season because they are experienced, this is what you get.

Uh..... give me the OTHER Johnson. I can tolerate the teething problems he'll have.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
G:
-JJ
Benson stays!

B:
- 1st line

U:

Meh Pens also gave up a ton of opportunities its just that Jarry didn't flop on the breakaways and big chances. Congrats on their glorified preseason win on the road where they played basically their entire starting lineup. Devils won against the Islanders in a 3-0 shutout without J.Hughes on the road today.

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
Was kinda hoping to not see a 6+ goal against game already, even if its just preseason lol.

I guess no one or two players was going to fix the defensive issues on the team since they are that bad at it. And I'm not sure the mindset or systems they need are something that are going to happen overnight in camp. Fingers crossed they get incrementally better at least as the season goes on.
They may have been trying stuff just to try stuff. Plenty of practices left before we start.

CaliSabresfan24

Aug 21, 2021
San Jose,CA
Meh Pens also gave up a ton of opportunities its just that Jarry didn't flop on the breakaways and big chances. Congrats on their glorified preseason win on the road where they played basically their entire starting lineup. Devils won against the Islanders in a 3-0 shutout without J.Hughes on the road today.
I'm just being poopy pants over the lose in all honesty.

Game suspension

Feb 11, 2018
Cozens was the worst player on the team this preseason imo. He literally did nothing and his stone hands looked worse than normal. We can’t afford to have these guys take a large step back.

That is the problem with giving kids big bucks on long term contracts too early. The TNT contract is golden. Not sure about giving the same to Cozens.

Reactions: Tijuana Donkey Show

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
G:
-JJ
Benson stays!

B:
- 1st line

U:

It's the LAST game of the pre-season. That's not good.

I want to see them start the season fast and with a win streak. Looks like they will still be trying to get their skates under their legs and figuring out who supposed to be where.

Hope I'm wrong.

GrierIsGod123

Oct 22, 2009
Orchard Park
That is the problem with giving kids big bucks on long term contracts too early. The TNT contract is golden. Not sure about giving the same to Cozens.
Not if he gets outplayed by Casey … could have a little controversy. That said, Cozens could be an ideal fit at the wing at some point. If he can be a consistent 30/30 winger, I have no problem with the contract.

I like the kid, but his game just doesn’t scream high-end talent to me. There’s a lot to like, but he can also have stretches where his game is just flat out terrible. He was one of their worst forwards during the playoff push late last season which surprised me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad