GDT: Preseason Game 7: Sabres vs. Penguins, 7 PM. MSG and NHL Network

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
C'mon now, this isn't a very realistic stance.

We know vets league-wide don't go 100% in preseason. This isn't something new. We also know teams don't implement many of their in-game tactics during the preseason either. They also hold players out longer for the slightest tweak or bruise. They accommodate all sorts of things that would never happen during the regular season. Hell, we even let Clifton dictate when the dressed. He only wanted to go in with his regular practice partner. He felt it would help him get more comfortable transitioning into the line-up.
Yeah........ I forgot how large these contracts are today. Makes sense.

Let the rookies and AHLers kill themselves looking to make the team.

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
Ha, ha, ha...... don't take risks? It's a risk every time you step out on the ice. And you are being paid millions to play.

So why are you out there if you are going to give only 80% game and take no risks?

You play YOUR game to the best of your ability no matter the situation. In pre-season, it actually helps you to hone and refine and re establish your dominance over the play and game.

If I'm a coach and you are a player that isn't going to try their most every shift, I don't want you on my team.

C'mon. You are way way smarter and hockey aware than your current comment.....
Thats sounds righteous but that is not true . You tell a Clifton to not bury a guy w a hit or block a shot from a bad angle. Of course you play hard and play your game and give me a break w the knowledge that you think it isn't common knowledge that we take a risk stepping out tge door , on the ice etc. You don't take that extra risk and block a shot w your face.
My point which I thought was obvious was certain guys games don't traslate to pre season where the coaches directive is protect yourself first. Season is protect yourself when possible but sacrifice your body is expected . I need to say that. 80 percent or whatever is the expectation that if it's you being out thr first month
Ha, ha, ha...... don't take risks? It's a risk every time you step out on the ice. And you are being paid millions to play.

So why are you out there if you are going to give only 80% game and take no risks?

You play YOUR game to the best of your ability no matter the situation. In pre-season, it actually helps you to hone and refine and re establish your dominance over the play and game.

If I'm a coach and you are a player that isn't going to try their most every shift, I don't want you on my team.

so , you'd tell your players to give 100 percent and risk being out a month to take a hit or stop a meaningless goal in preseason ?

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018

The season apparently cant arrive soon enough as i see some misunderstandings and picking of nits. I know this you and i and everyone here should get ready for some hard hitting and some of the best hockey we've seen since 75, 99 , 05 to 07 etc. Remember all of the posters here are traumatized by false expectations..

But nit this year. May not be perfect but see something bad. Wait a day and be amazed and glad you stuck it out. Adams did well w EJ and Clifton and there are just glimpses in preseason but number 9 is the type of surprise we better get used to this year as the end of teeth gnashing adams bashing and negativity in general

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Hey guys, I come in peace.. Dahlin is one of my favourite players in the league but I have a question about Power specifically. Do y'all think he improved as the season went on last year or did he start getting fatigued towards the end? And it's obviously just pre-season but does he look stronger / less nervous /poised to take a big step this year? What are the areas you think he should work on, if any?

It's a pretty cool situation having Dahlin #1 and Power getting better matchups with less pressure to be great right away. I love Dahlin and I was thrilled that he finally exploded last year. I wish the Sens had that kinda 1-2 punch situation with Chabot instead of force feeding him 30+ mins for 4 freakin years. Better late than never I guess..

Good luck this season Atlantic bros! Except against the Sens ;) One of my favourite rivalries back in the day was definitely the Sabres-Sens... Those teams were stacked. Hopefully we get to revive that rivalry soon enough and in the playoffs for the next long while!

Cheers

Reactions: Diaspora

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
Peace , had to tell a plumber how to install a flange and not inundate our house w sewer gas. I hate everyone this week . We'll see good hockey? Why. Don Granato can't stand to watch anything but great hockey and he's got the answers. Even how to tolerate idiitic questions feom Ham sandwiches. Hey paul. It's not your fault the worm inside you is taking over and is a dick

Take albendazole and fenbendazole w ivermectin for a month you'll look like you did at your best in your 30s. Go sabres screw

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
while the team is still in preseason mode
this forum is already in mid-season form :sarcasm:
cant deny the effort ;)
The effort of the posters to sharpen their monarch slave trauma and ready the torches and pitchforks, for Donny and kevyn oh why? C'mon sharpen them for zebras and remote control leagua as this team will not disappoint.

It's okay. Really. Take your shrooms w confidence , 82 fun and fascinating games await w the league trying to sabotage real sport. We have depth. Chill and enjoy

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: