GDT: Preseason Game 6: Pens vs. Sabres @ 4:00 EST (AT&T Sports) Kids Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
If only #3 had been the one to suffer a season ending injury to his hand...

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Negative: injuries

Who cares: everything else

I mean... that's not how preseason works. If there is one thing I've learned about the Pens is that what you see ultimately is what you get. The Letang/Geno lackluster effort may not have an immediate switch flipped. So I would not be shocked, at all, if what you see is also what you see for the first 5-10 games.

Ultimately I trust them... but preseason does actually matter.

Reactions: BHD

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Just finished. Honestly I still stand by my in-game comments. I have MAJOR concerns on Letang/Geno. They look identical to last year. Extremely inconsistent. Preseason may not matter to them. Maybe that is it. But they looked bad.
I think those two have tuned out the staff to be honest.

Reactions: John Titor

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
I mean... that's not how preseason works. If there is one thing I've learned about the Pens is that what you see ultimately is what you get. The Letang/Geno lackluster effort may not have an immediate switch flipped. So I would not be shocked, at all, if what you see is also what you see for the first 5-10 games.

Ultimately I trust them... but preseason does actually matter.

Do you have anything to back up preseason having any correlation with the regular season? Because a few days ago the same people were saying “woahhh Geno is flying.”

There is no correlation between pre-season success and regular season success.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I just watched Crosby's last shift and I don't see him taking any shots at all... he did take decent a hit along the boards but he saw it coming, braced for it, it was shoulder-to-shoulder and he rolled off pretty well. There was another play where he and Larsson kind of bumped into eachother in our zone, it was like legs-on-legs but nothing severe.. I could see maybe tweaking a knee in that situation but he didn't show any issue right away, and Crosby finished the shift and skated off fine. So not sure what Steigy was talking about.

Reactions: NEPA

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Do you have anything to back up preseason having any correlation with the regular season? Because a few days ago the same people were saying “woahhh Geno is flying.”

Ummm have you watched the Penguins.. ever? :laugh: Don't go posting in a preseason thread if you feel it means nothing. Move on to a different thread.

I think I mentioned it in every post. 58 and 71 earned my trust. But you cannot look at how they played last season into preseason and be super happy about it. Geno is struggling to beat anybody 1 on 1.

Reactions: KIRK

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I just watched Crosby's last shift and I don't see him taking any shots at all... he did take decent a hit along the boards but he saw it coming, braced for it, it was shoulder-to-shoulder and he rolled off pretty well. There was another play where he and Larsson kind of bumped into eachother in our zone, it was like legs-on-legs but nothing severe.. I could see maybe tweaking a knee in that situation but he didn't show any issue right away, and Crosby finished the shift and skated off fine. So not sure what Steigy was talking about.

It wasn’t on his last shift...he supposed blocked a shot around 13:00 or so and stayed in the game...

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I only caught the third period. How did Marino look pre-puck over glass?
Didn't look out of place to me, but I'd still rather see him do it in the AHL for a bit before we see if he can do it in the NHL.

Pre-season is meaningless and I'll always remember how good Bissonnette looked at 18.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I only caught the third period. How did Marino look pre-puck over glass?

I would honestly say both JJ and Marino played a sound game. Dumo/Letang was the issue. I thought both JJ and Marino were very sound. I have to call it like I see it.

Reactions: BHD

Peat

Jun 14, 2016

Gotta say that's what I was thinking too. Geno and Chucky eviscerated Columbus. A dodgy last game isn't great but it's got to be balanced against that memory.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Fragile Sid, take him and Rust out to the back, go get your shotgun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad