GDT: Preseason game #4: Islanders @ Devils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Totally disagree. Lars, Severson, Moore, Greene and Merrill make up for it.

Gely needs to get better. Period.

I don't really think Moore is much of an offense guy at all, he's a pretty decent defenseman it seems though. Merrill is alright at offense. Larsson and Severson seem to be pretty good.

That's another thing too, if those guys are producing offense, it also makes Gelinas expendable in the every night lineup, at least in the coaching staff's eyes.

So I could see him being sat for Schlemko, at least eventually if he doesn't produce some offense and we're having trouble scoring.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Great for Boucher! 4 goals. Insanity.

They seemed to finally realize Cory wasn't in there and that they could score a few goals.:laugh:

Tonight they're scoring as if Danis is in goal and they know they need a handful haha.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Kinky going the distance. Guess we are done with the other goalies.

I think we might see Wedgewood split with Keith another game, and Cory getting two full ones, as he said he wanted 3 full games in the preseason.

Yann is probably done but he could still play another game for us, as long as he isn't claimed on waivers tomorrow. Fat chance he's picked up.

NHL Fanatik*

I think we might see Wedgewood split with Keith another game, and Cory getting two full ones, as he said he wanted 3 full games in the preseason.

Yann is probably done but he could still play another game for us, as long as he isn't claimed on waivers tomorrow. Fat chance he's picked up.

waivers are tomorrow?

as in last day to put people on waivers? or first day?

waivers always confuses me. Where is NJ positioned on the waiver wire?

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
waivers are tomorrow?

as in last day to put people on waivers? or first day?

waivers always confuses me. Where is NJ positioned on the waiver wire?

I think we're probably 6th because in the first month it goes by last season's standings?

And no, I think the final roster needs to be done by two days before the regular season or something?

We're just waiving the guys like Danis and Pelley, that will definitely be in the AHL. And sending down guys like Black and a couple others, who don't need waivers to go down.

NHL Fanatik*

and can someone do me a huge favor and post the gif of Tedenbys face after a win, when he looks like Smeagle from LOTR?

Please and thank you!

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm gonna say the same thing about Boucher that I constantly preached about Tedenby, which Tedenby failed miserably at, as I had predicted about two years before.

He needs to be scoring if he's gonna be in the lineup. He needs to be contributing offense. Doesn't have to be only goals, he could be a playmaker. Doesn't have to be snipes or pretty goals when he is scoring them, could be garbage goals like the one tonight apparently was. Or a tips like a couple of his NHL goals have been. He looked like a good playmaker in his first ever call up back in 13-14.

But there isn't much else good that he does and you're not gonna play him on the 4th line, especially if they want this prototypical grinder style for their 4th line. There's other forwards that have certain skillsets where they don't have to necessarily produce offense, I don't think Boucher is really one of them. I don't think he's gonna turn into a Pandolfo over night either. I'd actually rather he be an offensive player than turn into a Pandolfo, we desperately need the offense more than a Pandolfo.

Tonight was a step in the right direction for him.

I do still have a better feeling about Boucher than Tedenby. I just remember so many people saying ''Tedenby sucks because he isn't good at defense'' Defense was not the reason Tedenby sucked. It would have been okay if he was bad at defense if he was actually good at what he was supposed to do, which was score offense.

RNCDevil

Jun 21, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
Just waking up on the other side of the Earth! Missing this game.
How have they looked? Anyone standing out positively or negatively?

Tedenby making an impact? (kidding)

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
Good praise from a few of our writers

Todd Cordell ‏@ToddCordell 7m7 minutes ago
Todd Cordell retweeted Tom Gulitti
Blandisi one goal, two shots, three hits, a fight & a 62% possession player at ES. Real solid night for him.

Julie Robenhymer ‏@JulieRobenhymer 5m5 minutes ago
Pretty sure Blandisi earned himself a longer look tonight. He was #relentless in his puck pursuit & scored a beautiful SHG. #njdevils

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
Just waking up on the other side of the Earth! Missing this game.
How have they looked? Anyone standing out positively or negatively?

Tedenby making an impact? (kidding)

It wasn't on TV so not many saw it.

Supposedly Blandisi was great though. Moore and Cammy as well.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Good praise from a few of our writers

Todd Cordell ‏@ToddCordell 7m7 minutes ago
Todd Cordell retweeted Tom Gulitti
Blandisi one goal, two shots, three hits, a fight & a 62% possession player at ES. Real solid night for him.

Julie Robenhymer ‏@JulieRobenhymer 5m5 minutes ago
Pretty sure Blandisi earned himself a longer look tonight. He was #relentless in his puck pursuit & scored a beautiful SHG. #njdevils

Cordell isn't one of our writers!:sarcasm:

And how do they have advanced stats for this game already? Who is tracking these? It's hard enough to even get standard stats like shots on goal, hits and faceoff's for preseason games.

NHL Fanatik*

Tedemby .gif please#! I know someone has to have it, Ive googled it but Im struggling to find it

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
Cordell isn't one of our writers!:sarcasm:

And how do they have advanced stats for this game already? Who is tracking these? It's hard enough to even get standard stats like shots on goal, hits and faceoff's for preseason games.

LOL! No way Cordell is at the game. He either really does have "Contacts" or he just makes **** up.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Tedemby .gif please#! I know someone has to have it, Ive googled it but Im struggling to find it

I'd rather see a gif of him celebrating after scoring one of his whopping 10 SEL goals last season!:sarcasm:

In all seriousness, Tedenby has 2 goals and 4 points in 3 SEL games this season. Why the hell didn't Ray and company extend a camp invitation to him this season? I bet he could have gotten those 4 points in preseason for us!

Csonked Out

Mar 20, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I'd rather see a gif of him celebrating after scoring one of his whopping 10 SEL goals last season!:sarcasm:

In all seriousness, Tedenby has 2 goals and 4 points in 3 SEL games this season. Why the hell didn't Ray and company extend a camp invitation to him this season? I bet he could have gotten those 4 points in preseason for us!

He might just be your least favorite prospect in the history of the Devils haha

NHL Fanatik*

Can someone do me a huge favor and post the .gif of Tedenby smiling after a Devils win way back when?

I believe someone pulled on his helmet and then he smiled and was missing teeth. I NEED THIS GIF PLEASE POST IT ASAP!

thankya

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
He might just be your least favorite prospect in the history of the Devils haha

That might actually go to Eric Boulton, despite only torturing us for a year of his suckass play. He looked finished 4 years ago, how the hell is he still in this league? PTO or not. Rod Pelley and Mark Fraser are pretty close too. They weren't here for very long though.

Steve Thomas is one of the guys I really couldn't stand in the late 90s, despite him even leading our team in points that one lone playoffless season after the cup win.

He already had a target on his back from me, since I loved Claude and he was my favorite player at the time. We traded him and got back a guy who has been a LOSER his whole career and continued to be one.

And then he talked a bunch of trash about us in the playoffs when he was with Toronto that one year, and then when he played for the Ducks in the 03 playoffs. He even wound up scoring quite a few goals against us in one of those series against the Maple Leafs in the early 00s and the game winner in OT in the 03 SCF in game 4.

Speaking of that OT winner, Colin White (who I'm pretty sure was the main culprit on that one) is one of my all time least favorite Devils. I remember years and years of blunders from him and he was always overrated because of how many years he played for us, and because of being a staple on our defense. I didn't dislike him too much in the early 00s, but I still didn't like him much either.

I still think he's overrated by our fans and he was a number 5-6 defenseman on a good team in his prime, just as he was on our team when it was stacked. He would have only been a number 2 defenseman on some of the worst teams in the league, or a team with Martin Brodeur or another legend playing goaltender (as he was our number 1-2 in the late 00s at times). He was totally lost when he wasn't playing with Niedermayer when Nieds was still here. And if Nieder was having an off night or a bad game, forget about it. White couldn't even cover for him.

And the fact that he was bought out by Lou (who was pretty loyal to long time soldiers like White) says a lot about how awful his play was and confirms he wasn't great in the locker room towards the end. Even when he bought out Pandolfo, it was Pandolfo who asked to be bought out so he could find work elsewhere. White didn't ask to be bought out.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Can someone do me a huge favor and post the .gif of Tedenby smiling after a Devils win way back when?

I believe someone pulled on his helmet and then he smiled and was missing teeth. I NEED THIS GIF PLEASE POST IT ASAP!

thankya
Too bad the boards were recently wiped out.

I bet you would have found it a ton of times in those old threads and GDT's from 10-11. No more threads exist anymore on here past December of 2012 or so.:(

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Going to be honest. Like this from Hynes.

@Ledger_NJDevils: John Hynes said the win over the Islanders was not significant. He said preseason results mean nothing. Key is what he sees on ice.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Really happy to hear Blandisi had a good game. I think he'd do well rounding out our bottom 6 this year. And the way he plays there could be potential of him moving up the lineup later on.

And Boosh scored! That's new :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad